Old 12-05-11, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Castle -- "Cuffed" -- 12/05/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-19

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Cuffed" - When Castle and Beckett wake up in bed, handcuffed together, in a locked room with no memory of how they got there, they must piece together the mystery of where they are and why, all while trying to escape. But as the two of them adjust to being shackled together, what's the biggest threat they face... the people who abducted them or each other? Meanwhile, Ryan, Esposito and Gates are left to investigate their disappearance in a case where all is not what it seems, on "Castle," MONDAY, DECEMBER 5 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8p9WUlINhUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-06-11, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Castle -- "Cuffed" -- 12/05/11

I guess noone has watched yet.

Ratings-wise, Castle is dropping at 10pm mainly because ABC put a shitty lead-in.....You Deserve It....which is getting 3M viewers and 1.0 in the demos.

Castle got a 2.0 this week.
Old 12-06-11, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought it was a good episode. Didn't expect there to be a tiger behind that wall!
Old 12-06-11, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Eh, saw it, but it wasn't all that interesting enough to comment on this week.
Old 12-06-11, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched it. It was ok, but didn't really live up to the potential of the setup.

I did think it was funny that the freezer full of bloody knives and chains was to "butcher meat for the tigers". And at the end one of the bad guys said the plan was to let the tiger eat them. x 2
Old 12-07-11, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked this episode. It was more tense than usual, had a horror undercurrent, but had a great explanation at the end.

Anyone else notice the Captain immediately blamed Castle for Beckett being captured? I wonder if their going to give the captain a history that explains why she hates the guy, rather than just having her not like him as a person.
Old 12-07-11, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by outlander78
I liked this episode. It was more tense than usual, had a horror undercurrent, but had a great explanation at the end.

Anyone else notice the Captain immediately blamed Castle for Beckett being captured? I wonder if their going to give the captain a history that explains why she hates the guy, rather than just having her not like him as a person.
I think they gave a pretty good explanation as to why she dislikes Castle already: he's not a cop, and he went over her head to the Mayor to keep his position.

They might have her come around at some point, but they felt the show needs somebody to say "why the hell is this writer here doing detective work?"
Old 04-14-19, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been binging Castle and watched this episode again last night. I watched it twice. The second being with the commentary by Fillion, Katic, one of the writers and the director. It was supposed to be a low budget episode and putting our heroes in a confined space saves money. I'm not sure how much tigers cost. I wanted a little more insight into working with the tigers but Fillion and Katic were mostly just giving the crew the usual platitudes. They didn't really give much insight unless someone asked them a specific question about the scene. They never told us how close they actually got to the tiger. I remember when Chuck had a tiger. In an interview Zach Levi was highly animated and entertaining telling about working with the tigers. I was hoping for a little insight into their personalities. Listening to them I wonder if there was already a fracture in their relationship. It seemed as though they were all together in the session yet I don't think either one mentioned or complimented the other. Often times actors will give each other kudos for giving them clues or setups for their reactions. Nothing like that. They were polite to each other but that was all.

Last edited by JimRochester; 04-14-19 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-14-19, 10:08 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRochester
I've been binging Castle and watched this episode again last night. I watched it twice. The second being with the commentary by Fillion, Katic, one of the writers and the director. It was supposed to be a low budget episode and putting our heroes in a confined space saves money. I'm not sure how much tigers cost. I wanted a little more insight into working with the tigers but Fillion and Katic were mostly just giving the crew the usual platitudes. They didn't really give much insight unless someone asked them a specific question about the scene. They never told us how close they actually got to the tiger. I remember when Chuck had a tiger. In an interview Zach Levi was highly animated and entertaining telling about working with the tigers. I was hoping for a little insight into their personalities. Listening to them I wonder if there was already a fracture in their relationship. It seemed as though they were all together in the session yet I don't think either one mentioned or complimented the other. Often times actors will give each other kudos for giving them clues or setups for their reactions. Nothing like that. They were polite to each other but that was all.
It's been a well known secret that Stanic and Fillion didn't care for each other. You have groups on both sides who claim the other person is terrible etc.

But the fact is Fillion still chats with the cast of Castle and Stanic doesn't so...
Old 04-14-19, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 479 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRochester
I've been binging Castle and watched this episode again last night. I watched it twice. The second being with the commentary by Fillion, Katic, one of the writers and the director. It was supposed to be a low budget episode and putting our heroes in a confined space saves money. I'm not sure how much tigers cost. I wanted a little more insight into working with the tigers but Fillion and Katic were mostly just giving the crew the usual platitudes. They didn't really give much insight unless someone asked them a specific question about the scene. They never told us how close they actually got to the tiger.

I was hoping for a little insight into their personalities. Listening to them I wonder if there was already a fracture in their relationship. It seemed as though they were all together in the session yet I don't think either one mentioned or complimented the other. Often times actors will give each other kudos for giving them clues or setups for their reactions. Nothing like that. They were polite to each other but that was all.
Another zombie thread (a long dead thread rises to live again, sort of)...

This wasn't one of my favorite episodes. It was good, but the standards for Castle were really high. Even a lesser episode like this one was still entertaining and worth watching.

As for the less than stellar commentary, I'm not sure why that would be. When it comes to the deteriorating relationship between Fillion and Katic, I think that started in between the 5th and 6th season, or whenever their was their first contract renewal. Fillion wanted fewer hours on set (both to work on other projects and to just work at an easier pace) while still wanting more money. He also had a significant amount of input/control on the show, which Katic wanted as well. That's the best thing that I can extrapolate from the stories that came out around season 7. And it's a shame that their relationship turned sour, because their chemistry for the first 5 seasons was great, and it was still good in the 6th season, but by season 7 something was clearly off as the chemistry was gone.

But at the time that they did this episode things were still OK. At the time they did the commentary 7 or 8 months later? Maybe things were starting to erode, I don't know. I haven't listened to the commentary myself.

Castle remains one of my 10 All Time Favorite TV Shows, though. (Based mostly on the first 6 seasons...)
Old 04-14-19, 11:23 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by B5Erik
Another zombie thread (a long dead thread rises to live again, sort of)...

This wasn't one of my favorite episodes. It was good, but the standards for Castle were really high. Even a lesser episode like this one was still entertaining and worth watching.

As for the less than stellar commentary, I'm not sure why that would be. When it comes to the deteriorating relationship between Fillion and Katic, I think that started in between the 5th and 6th season, or whenever their was their first contract renewal. Fillion wanted fewer hours on set (both to work on other projects and to just work at an easier pace) while still wanting more money. He also had a significant amount of input/control on the show, which Katic wanted as well. That's the best thing that I can extrapolate from the stories that came out around season 7. And it's a shame that their relationship turned sour, because their chemistry for the first 5 seasons was great, and it was still good in the 6th season, but by season 7 something was clearly off as the chemistry was gone.

But at the time that they did this episode things were still OK. At the time they did the commentary 7 or 8 months later? Maybe things were starting to erode, I don't know. I haven't listened to the commentary myself.

Castle remains one of my 10 All Time Favorite TV Shows, though. (Based mostly on the first 6 seasons...)
It's my understanding they never really liked each other, and between Season 2 and 3 one of them could have very well left. Some blind items, IIRC.

The last season they didn't seem to interact much at all.
Old 04-14-19, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 479 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo
It's my understanding they never really liked each other, and between Season 2 and 3 one of them could have very well left. Some blind items, IIRC.

The last season they didn't seem to interact much at all.
Yeah, but things clearly got worse after the 5th or 6th season, and their relationship continued to deteriorate from there. You could see it on screen in seasons 7 & 8, where you couldn't at all in the first 5 seasons, and you'd have to pay really close attention to see the difference between their chemistry in previous seasons and season 6.

It really is a shame. Such a great show.