Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Game of Thrones (S7E07) -- "The Dragon and the Wolf" -- 8/27/17 -- Season Finale

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Game of Thrones (S7E07) -- "The Dragon and the Wolf" -- 8/27/17 -- Season Finale

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-17, 07:35 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E07) -- "The Dragon and the Wolf" -- 8/27/17 -- Season Finale

calling it now.. when it is all said and done, Jon and Dany will raise Cersei's son.
Old 08-28-17, 07:37 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E07) -- "The Dragon and the Wolf" -- 8/27/17 -- Season Finale

If Bran is all-seeing why did Sam have to correct him?
Old 08-28-17, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Were still not sure if Cersei is bullshitting with her pregnancy or not, are we?
Old 08-28-17, 07:41 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote: (I'm sure Benioff and Weiss were having a chuckle at the Internet bitching about their plotline).

If they have a truly sadistic streak or want to have the final kiss-off to the gripers, they may end the final season with the Fellowship all being killed off and Cersei ensconced on the throne with Euron as her consort.

That would certainly be a two middle-fingers up to those of us who complain about fan service and the show becoming entirely predictable.

Can't wait to see Strong Belwas take on the Mountain while Lady Stoneheart battles the Night King in the ultimate ladder match for the crown.
Old 08-28-17, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,223 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Can't wait to see Strong Belwas take on the Mountain while Lady Stoneheart battles the Night King in the ultimate ladder match for the crown.
If it gets the amazing Michelle Fairley back on the show, I am all for it.
Old 08-28-17, 07:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slop101
Were still not sure if Cersei is bullshitting with her pregnancy or not, are we?
Probably just indigestion from one of GRRM's ten-page feast scenes.
Old 08-28-17, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
I think he has to mentally choose to "go" to a specific place/time to witness the events.
Old 08-28-17, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,223 Posts

Originally Posted by Nefarious
I bolded what I believe was the key part. I think the coming together of the Stark children occurs at some point -after- this scene. Sansa acknowledged she was a slow learner. Arya knew what was up but Sansa didn't until Arya turns over the dagger and tells her seemingly to go think on things.
But again this does not work unless Arya believes that both of her dramatic conversations with Sansa (and most certainly the last one) are being eavesdropped upon by Littlefinger or his agents. This wouldn't even be far-fetched considering Littlefinger's past in King's Landing, but the writing has to help this a long at least a little and it didn't. Again, they are in her room, which does suggest privacy in the minds of the audience.

It is one thing for the audience to feel confused or feel like they are missing pieces of a puzzle. It is another for them to feel like what they are watching is contrived. As with most of the other writing problems from this season, this is something they could have fixed with just the slightest of tweaks.
Old 08-28-17, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Damed
I think he has to mentally choose to "go" to a specific place/time to witness the events.
Exactly. It would be impossible to see every moment in history. Once Sam gave him information he could hone in on he was able to get there. Prior to that, he didn't know he had any reason to go looking for such info. It had been so widely accepted that Lyanna was kidnapped, raped, etc. That's why we get the "Robert's rebellion was built on a lie" line.

Last edited by Nefarious; 08-28-17 at 08:00 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-28-17, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jfoobar
But again this does not work unless Arya believes that both of her dramatic conversations with Sansa (and most certainly the last one) are being eavesdropped upon by Littlefinger or his agents. This wouldn't even be far-fetched considering Littlefinger's past in King's Landing, but the writing has to help this a long at least a little and it didn't. Again, they are in her room, which does suggest privacy in the minds of the audience.

Why must we believe that this conversation was eavesdropped on? It wasn't and doesn't need to be. At the point of this conversation, Sansa does NOT know what is up. All she knows is that Arya has confronted her with the scroll. Arya is pushing her to the info. They are not on the same page yet.

After the conversation in Arya's room and after Arya hands her the dagger...that's when Sansa clues in.

We then see her having a conversation with Littlefinger. By this point she knows what's up and she's testing the theory. He confirms it by trying to pit her against Arya to have the latter killed.
Old 08-28-17, 08:11 AM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
calling it now.. when it is all said and done, Jon and Dany will raise Cersei's son.
Are you serious or joking?

I'm not sure what they will do with Jon & Dany, but I think that
Spoiler:
Sansa will end up marrying Gendry. Gendry may be a bastard, but he does have Targryan blood thru Robert Baratheon. That will be one way to have a real Stark/Targaryan offspring.
Old 08-28-17, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As I've said before, they've made it clear Bran isn't omniscient. In the past, he wasn't even able to control what he sees; It was just flashes. This is the first time we've seen him intentionally able to look at a specific moment in the past (without the help of the previous three-eyed raven). Even still, there is much he hasn't seen in the past and present, and he cannot see the future. It'll really help understanding the show if we stop thinking of Bran as knowing everything.

Originally Posted by Eric F
So was the zombie dragon breathing ice? How would that take down a wall of ice? Some kind of ice-fire I guess...
Blue fire.

Originally Posted by rw2516
I figured Jamie would stick with Cersei till the end, when he kills her. I think he's defecting. He'll go to Winterfell, join Jon and Dany against the White Walkers. Be interesting to see Jamie and whats his name(three eyed raven) meet. Wonder if he will fight with Jon and Dany against Cersei's golden mercenary army or if he's just honoring his word to help against White Walkers and will then switch back to Cersei's side because of family.
At the end of the day, a lone Jaime isn't terrible interesting to me from a combat perspective because at this point, he's a one-handed swordsman, and he lost his dominant hand. Jaime's power was in that he lead the Lannister forces, which is seemingly leaving without.

Originally Posted by Damed
Jon, Dany et al are on a boat just north of King's landing. A good distance away from Winterfell. The night king (and his army) just breached the wall. He's on a dragon. They will hit winterfell LONG before the others get there.
Now you've gone and done it.
Old 08-28-17, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Why was Tyrion looking all upset or whatever when he saw Snow go pork Daenrys?
Old 08-28-17, 08:56 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Poor Dany, how embarrassing. When she finds out that Jon is actually her nephew, she's gonna have a lot of Aegon her face.
Old 08-28-17, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,207 Likes on 2,069 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I could rant about the fan service, but it was well written and the dialogue top notch. Waiting for fan art of the Night King riding Rhaegal and wall papers of the dragon destroying the wall.

Gotta love hot incest love!
It's already happened. Hell the thread on this very forum had one for the FIRST post of the FIRST episode of the season.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/640...7-16-17-a.html
Old 08-28-17, 09:10 AM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

What is so special about the 20,000 mercenaries from Essos that Cersei has hired?
That isn't a whole lot.
Old 08-28-17, 09:13 AM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
It's already happened. Hell the thread on this very forum had one for the FIRST post of the FIRST episode of the season.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/640...7-16-17-a.html
The thing of it all is... there were spoilers for the entire season leaked months ago and almost everything in those spoilers came true. So yes, it was a "fan art", but I think it was clearly based on the spoilers that leaked. This was posted in November of last year: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ry-insane.html
Old 08-28-17, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JackoOnHisBacko
What is so special about the 20,000 mercenaries from Essos that Cersei has hired?
That isn't a whole lot.
I would guess between those 20k and the Lannister army she's holding back she feels like it will be enough once the Northern armies & Dany's forces have been dwindled by the white walkers.

Remember that Jamie gasped at the 100k figure thrown out by Dany in relation to the white walker force. I don't think any of these armies are super big at this point after years of fighting.
Old 08-28-17, 09:25 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Spoiler:
Sansa will end up marrying Gendry. Gendry may be a bastard, but he does have Targryan blood thru Robert Baratheon. That will be one way to have a real Stark/Targaryan offspring.
Despite her deception, Cersei will have a last minute change of heart, and her contribution or sacrifice will somehow help turn the tide. She'll die but not before her child is born. Jaime will die. Dany, who cannot have children will raise the child along with Tyrion and likely Jon... the irony of having a Targaryen raising a Lannister, who would ultimately be in line for the throne, so in a way Cersei gets her wish.
Old 08-28-17, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts

As explained on a podcast last night, Bran has access to the entire internet but needs to be prompted to Google something.
Old 08-28-17, 09:29 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

They have elephants.
Old 08-28-17, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dany on not being able to have children (spoilered for size)...
Spoiler:

In other news... not even in the Terminator movies have two Sarah Connors met (Dany & Cercei).
Old 08-28-17, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My prediction...

Spoiler:
Dany dies at some point. Too many hints towards it with the succession talk by Tyrion and the talk by Sir Jorah about how a single crossbow would take her out.

These writers seem to telegraph the moves. I suspect she dies at some point and that frees up Aegon Targaryen to take the role of King. The Prince who was promised...
Old 08-28-17, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
As explained on a podcast last night, Bran has access to the entire internet but needs to be prompted to Google something.
I thought of it as him having all the cable channels, but only able to watch one at a time, and occasionally having to catch up via DVR.
Old 08-28-17, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Spoiler:
Did I miss something? How did Robert have Targryan blood?

I like how the episode title has 2 meanings. The dragon and the wolf could mean Dany and Jon or it can also mean just Jon is both dragon and wolf.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.