Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Old 08-16-17, 10:40 PM
  #226  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,349
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Putting the information out there and saying the episode was leaked and is floating around the Internet is definitely encouraging. Plus, saying this is a spoiler thread for anyone who downloaded it is definitely enticing/encouraging people to do the same.
I disagree, I think someone who's going to want to download it and watch it is likely going to do it regardless of anything that happens on this forum.
Old 08-16-17, 11:01 PM
  #227  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 78,375
Received 676 Likes on 485 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

I wish OldBoy would chime in so I know how to feel about the spoilers.
Old 08-16-17, 11:04 PM
  #228  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 38,782
Likes: 0
Received 2,633 Likes on 1,804 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Two completely different situations.
Old 08-17-17, 12:02 AM
  #229  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,796
Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

I agree with if there are spoilers for episode six, the ep 6 thread is the place for it, not here. I wouldn't expect to come here and see spoilers for the next ep (speculation is different). Lucky for me when I read updated threads I start from the bottom and got a heads up
Old 08-17-17, 03:47 AM
  #230  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Baron Of Hell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Seattle and sometimes hell
Posts: 6,199
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

I'm giving a big F you to the idiot on twitter that posted a spoiler image. I'd probably be more mad if the current political situation hadn't drain most of my anger. I can't even enjoy predictions because now I don't know if they are from people that watched the next episode.
Old 08-17-17, 05:37 AM
  #231  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 38,782
Likes: 0
Received 2,633 Likes on 1,804 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Posting again on this page:

Mod note: Please do not discuss the leaked details of the upcoming episode on this forum. I do not want the risk of any spoilers finding their way here.
Old 08-17-17, 06:54 AM
  #232  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,292
Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Im glad I dont have a twitter / snapchat / and any other online media shit. Just facebook and that is to check on my kids. lol
Old 08-17-17, 10:45 AM
  #233  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LurkerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 23,274
Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

on another forum I frequent, people have been unable to refrain from posting spoilers. Which is super annoying. Made even more annoying because they get all indignant when they get shit about it, acting like people are babies for not wanting them to post spoilers.

I really appreciate DVDTalk right now, and am glad for dex14's vigilance here.
Old 08-17-17, 11:33 AM
  #234  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 47,785
Received 473 Likes on 393 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Again, if you have an HBO Now account, access to HBO Go or are already paying for HBO and haven't seen the episode, what is so hard about showing a little self restraint and waiting until Sunday?
I think some people are considering it self-defense. If they watch it now, then maybe they won't get it spoiled by some asshole who does it just because he can.

I'm waiting till Sunday, but that seems like a long ways away right now.
Old 08-17-17, 12:00 PM
  #235  
DVD Talk Hero
 
jfoobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 41,187
Received 563 Likes on 360 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
I think some people are considering it self-defense. If they watch it now, then maybe they won't get it spoiled by some asshole who does it just because he can.

I'm waiting till Sunday, but that seems like a long ways away right now.
That's why I went ahead and read the major spoiler bullet points because I assumed, and I think quite rightly, that there would be very little chance of my avoiding any major spoilers between now and Sunday night. I just didn't want to have to fret about it.

I am perfectly happy to wait until Sunday to actually watch the episode, however. It is quite easy to avoid actually seeing the episode between now and then, obviously. I also have the luxury of not working with a bunch of GoT fanatics.

It is a shame when this sort of crap happens, however. There has always been something so cool about the whole world of GoT fans, many millions of people, discovering the new plot twists together and posting about it online in real time.
Old 08-17-17, 01:59 PM
  #236  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 11,582
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Is it in Spanish?
Old 08-17-17, 02:08 PM
  #237  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 47,785
Received 473 Likes on 393 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Because it's same day as English-speaking countries, I assume it's in English with Spanish subtitles.
Old 08-17-17, 02:27 PM
  #238  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Obey The D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 8,626
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Because it's same day as English-speaking countries, I assume it's in English with Spanish subtitles.
Itís english with no subtitles. I have HBO GO but went ahead and watched it because, as others have said, you run the risk of having someone spoil it unless you go into hiding until Sunday night.
Old 08-17-17, 05:56 PM
  #239  
DVD Talk Hero
 
jfoobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 41,187
Received 563 Likes on 360 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Captioned "HBO Security":

Spoiler:
Old 08-17-17, 06:47 PM
  #240  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 22,917
Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Oh well, back to this past episode. When episode 5 ended, I kind of had this other series in my head. Given that there are now about three vids on youtube like the one below, I'm apparently not the only one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AMSlT5pYU3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-17-17, 08:18 PM
  #241  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bluetoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 11,124
Received 110 Likes on 85 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Before you get yelled at- that video has scenes from the upcoming episode.
Old 08-17-17, 08:59 PM
  #242  
DVD Talk God
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 69,402
Received 1,670 Likes on 1,225 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

BTW, this was a decent follow up to last week.

The father and son uniting against Dany and being burned to death by her dragon was pretty horrifying scene.

I watched the HBO Go extra about the episode and Weiss/Benioff were saying something that Dany doesn't really want to resort to these measures, but she has to play into Cersei's cruel tactics in order to win.
Old 08-17-17, 09:06 PM
  #243  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
JTH182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,507
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Originally Posted by csant View Post
On top of Drogo... lol

It took me awhile to realize you forgot an "n". Awkward spelling mistake is awkward.
Old 08-17-17, 11:24 PM
  #244  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I watched the HBO Go extra about the episode and Weiss/Benioff were saying something that Dany doesn't really want to resort to these measures, but she has to play into Cersei's cruel tactics in order to win.
It's a legitimate morality struggle. Most people aren't evil incarnate out to do bad for the sake of bad. Most people doing "bad" things can justify in their own minds why they're necessary. In truth, good and bad are defined by who is telling the story, and usually that's the victors. Thus the phrase, "Might makes right."

And that's the struggle for Tyrion and Varys. They want Dany to win, but they want her to win humanely (preferably with the smallest amount of casualties too). The struggle is to determine exactly how humane you can be and still win with the smallest amount of casualties. Tyrion and Varys have the luxury of being able to focus on the humane aspects more, but heavy is the head which wears the crown.

As long as Dany doesn't go full, "Burn it all," I think she'll be OK, but it's a legitimate and interesting struggle fraught with dramatic tension.
Old 08-18-17, 12:14 PM
  #245  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 38,782
Likes: 0
Received 2,633 Likes on 1,804 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

There’s been much speculation about when, exactly, the final season of Game of Thrones starts filming, but we now finally have some crystal clarity. While the first five seasons of the show were on a pretty regular cycle of shooting from the end of July to December or so, the final two seasons posed unique challenges. For one, they’re comprised of only seven and six episodes, respectively, which is less than the traditional 10-episode seasons. Secondly, the producers said that now that winter is here, they needed to be shooting when their locations are colder and more winter-like, so for this current season they pushed the start of filming back to the end of August.

That resulted in Game of Thrones Season 7 premiering in July instead of April of this year, so the curiosity surrounding the Game of Thrones Season 8 filming date is less about when the final season starts shooting and more about when we’ll actually get to see it. But when Collider’s own Christina Radish spoke with star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in anticipation of his new film Shot Caller, Jaime Lannister himself revealed that he’s due to report back to the Game of Thrones sets one last time in October:

“I knew what was going to happen for the first three seasons. After that, it’s been a season at a time. You get the scripts a month before we start shooting, or six weeks, and then you know what’s going to happen that season. But, I don’t know what’s going to happen next season. We go back in October, so maybe in the next few weeks, we’ll get the scripts and I’ll find out. I’m very curious.”

While Season 7 is comprised of three less episodes than usual, it was actually still in production for the same length of time as the previous 10-episode seasons—a six-month stretch from August 31st to February. So while Game of Thrones Season 8 consists of only six episodes, it’s possible it’ll still be filming for five or six months due to the epic scope of these final episodes.

So what does that mean for the Season 8 premiere date? HBO has yet to confirm, and indeed we have no idea how intensive this season will be both in production and post-production, but Game of Thrones has enjoyed its highest ratings yet this season, running in the heart of the summer. If filming begins in October and lasts for six months again, it won’t be wrapped until April 2018. And if post-production is the same length as it was for Season 7, that would put it on track for a September 2018 airdate.

It’s certainly possible HBO sticks with this, giving Game of Thrones its fall drama series slot. Or it’s possible that HBO decides to hold the final season for a more splashy debut sometime in 2019—perhaps the spring or summer. That would be a long wait, but as Sopranos fans know, HBO isn’t exactly afraid to shake up the air cycle of its series.

We may not find out the Game of Thrones Season 8 premiere date for quite some time, but at least now we know when cameras start rolling on those final six episodes.

For more on Game of Thrones, click on the various links to catch up with our most recent content.
http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-...#premiere-date
Old 08-18-17, 01:01 PM
  #246  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LurkerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 23,274
Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
Before you get yelled at- that video has scenes from the upcoming episode.
Yes, but it was all stuff from the trailer, I think, nothing leaked.
Old 08-19-17, 03:00 AM
  #247  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,796
Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

That just spoiled that a certain character lives into the next season :\
Old 08-19-17, 08:10 AM
  #248  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 6,006
Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

You consider that a spoiler? I thought it was pretty damn obvious.
Old 08-19-17, 08:28 AM
  #249  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,796
Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Definitely a spoiler, because now we know what DOESN'T happen in the next 2 episodes.
Old 08-19-17, 01:05 PM
  #250  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LurkerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 23,274
Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S7E05) -- "Eastwatch" -- 8/13/17

Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Definitely a spoiler, because now we know what DOESN'T happen in the next 2 episodes.
I agree. Although after he survived sinking in water while dressed in armor, surrounded by an enemy army, it became pretty obvious that he wasn't going to die, at least not for a while. But still, any discussion of a subsequent season and what actors are involved is an automatic spoiler.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.