TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"The Waltons" TV movie (reboot) -- 11/28/21

Old 11-18-21, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
"The Waltons" TV movie (reboot) -- 11/28/21

https://www.yahoo.com/now/sneak-peek-movie-reboot-waltons-205404260.html

Our
first look at the movie reboot of The Waltons is here!

As we first reported back in May, a new TV movie called The Waltons' Homecoming will mark the 50th anniversary of The Homecoming: A Christmas Story, the film that introduced the tight-knit Walton family to audiences in 1971.

The CW's first made-for-TV movie stars Bellamy Young, Logan Shroyer, Ben Lawson, Marcelle LeBlanc, and Richard Thomas (the original John Boy) as the narrator. Helmed by three veterans of Dolly Parton's Heartstrings, The Waltons' Homecoming is described as a "wholesome and heart-warming holiday movie that highlights the importance of family and kindness.".

The movie is set in the 1933 Depression Era in fictional Jefferson County, Virginia, and told through the eyes of 17-year-old John Boy who dreams of leaving small town life behind for a career as a writer. It begins with concern that patriarch John Sr. won't make it home to Walton's Mountain in time for Christmas.

"John writes that he will make it home after all, but when a storm threatens his arrival, Olivia sends John Boy to look for his dad—a journey that will change his life," a news release explains.

The Waltons' Homecoming premieres Sunday, November 28 at 8pm ET on The CW.We can't wait to cozy up with our friends and family for this one. See y'all on Walton's Mountain!

Old 11-18-21, 10:19 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: "The Waltons" TV movie (reboot) -- 11/28/21

God, I might just watch this
Old 11-18-21, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 234 Posts

I'm likely to check this out too. Though it's been some time, our family has enjoyed several seasons of the original show.
Old 11-18-21, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 277 Likes on 231 Posts

Also count me in as someone who will certainly record it and try to watch it asap. I grew up watching The Waltons, and the cast seems solid. This did seem to come out of the blue, but that could be because I do not frequent a ton of TV news sites other than this site, while I will sometimes I check out Deadline, and lately I have been visiting TVLine more often.

I should let my Mom know, she watches The Waltons reruns to this very day.
Old 11-19-21, 09:29 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Damn, this forum is old.
The following users liked this post:
rduncan (11-19-21)
Old 11-19-21, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 277 Likes on 231 Posts

Eric F, yeah, but that has been a running joke for quite a few years now because it is so true. I just turned 50 this past September, so I have started on the path to being considered an "old," lol!!

For what it is worth, this old tends to want to consume new content instead of re-watching classic shows I grew up with.

If Netflix started airing The A Team and it showed up as a suggestion side by side next to Cowboy Bebop, I would decide to watch Cowboy Bebop instead of The A Team.

I love The A Team, but the funny thing is that when I had a chance a few years back to watch some re-reruns I quickly realized that outside of the same handful of scenes that are fun to watch (the team prepping a vehicle to help them take down the bad guy of the week, those type of scenes), the show dragged, could be rather slow at times, and scenes like tricking the Hospital staff into letting Murdoch out of the asylum or Face conning someone out of a plane, boat, etc., were crazy repetitive and when watching these scenes back to back while bingeing are not that much fun to revisit.

However, back in the day there was a week gap between episodes so things felt a bit more exciting and fresh when watching during the pre-binge era.

Old 11-19-21, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,150 Likes on 900 Posts

Never got into The Waltons. My mom watches it every so often, but not regularly at all. More back in the day. Have to wonder how a CW version would really be.
Old 11-19-21, 04:07 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Never got into The Waltons. My mom watches it every so often, but not regularly at all. More back in the day. Have to wonder how a CW version would really be.
John Boi is a fashion model.

Last edited by Eric F; 11-20-21 at 05:25 PM.