Big Brother 19 Season Thread Premieres June 28th

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-17, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts
Re: Big Brother 19 Season Thread Premieres June 28th

Don't get too excited,
Spoiler:
-Christmas won HOH, with Matt and Jason clearly nominated as pawns with Mark being the true target.
Old 08-19-17, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Going to be? This season is utter garbage and will only get worse. My daughter talked me into watching it with her again this season after being away for a few years. I wish she had picked something else. It has become unbearable.
Exact same boat as you. My daughter and I watch shows like Survivor, Amazing Race, etc. and she somehow got into this and asked me to watch. It is very very difficult to keep convincing myself that this is very solid bonding time with her.
Old 08-20-17, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I've never seen a group of people competing on TV so content just to get a consolation prize. If they're going for after show fame they must never have watched the show, none of the memorable Big Brother contestants have been floaters or sheep. I can barely remember anyone else that was on during Derrick's season.
Old 08-20-17, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I can barely remember anyone else that was on during Derrick's season.
I envy you. If only I could forget Frankie Grande.
Old 08-20-17, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

I've never seen a group of people competing on TV so content just to get a consolation prize. If they're going for after show fame they must never have watched the show, none of the memorable Big Brother contestants have been floaters or sheep. I can barely remember anyone else that was on during Derrick's season.
I think Christmas probably did Big Brother in order to get some exposure. She's already sort of well known in fitness circles; she's written books and it looks like she shills products on IG.

Which is ironic since it sounds like the accident that shattered her foot might limit what she's able to do.

Wonder if she'll be able to sue CBS for lost income.
Old 08-20-17, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

How could she sue CBS when she was the one riding around on Jason's back? Maybe if it had been part of a competition or something. Still, even then, I'm sure they have to sign a ton of waivers. If she had thought about suing, she probably would have left the house after the injury or surgery.
Old 08-20-17, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by windom
How could she sue CBS when she was the one riding around on Jason's back? Maybe if it had been part of a competition or something. Still, even then, I'm sure they have to sign a ton of waivers. If she had thought about suing, she probably would have left the house after the injury or surgery.
I'm watching (actually listening in the background) to Sunday Night's Big Brother and Christmas (or as somebody somewhere else said, -Krampus) is saying she wants to win HOH to make "big moves" and all she does as HOH (unless something happens) is push easy target Mark out the door.

The shame is we all bitch about this season but it's doing quite well.
Old 08-21-17, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by windom
I envy you. If only I could forget Frankie Grande.
Ah, you're right. I might remember Josh but not fondly and definitely not for his gameplay. Alex is actually getting up there too.

Originally Posted by DWilson
I'm watching (actually listening in the background) to Sunday Night's Big Brother and Christmas (or as somebody somewhere else said, -Krampus) is saying she wants to win HOH to make "big moves" and all she does as HOH (unless something happens) is push easy target Mark out the door.

The shame is we all bitch about this season but it's doing quite well.
She also said it would be great if she, Josh, and Paul were final 3.

At least they're kind of turning on each other. Or at least production is manipulating what's shown to seem like they are. Not that anything will happen this week, but next week some tears should flow.
Old 08-28-17, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, Matt and Raven finally found out they were played at the POV meeting when Jason didn't use the veto. Fireworks ensued. Matt has decided he will try to earn as many penalty votes as possible. He's earned one already by violating the "Have-Not" rules.
Old 08-29-17, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

You mean people are starting to realize they aren't going to make it a final 8 with no jury vote necessary because due to the amazing game-play this season they are all going to be crowned winners and best friends champions now that Mark is eliminated? How dare CBS make them keep going.
Old 08-29-17, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Well Matt has been preoccupied with banging Raven all season.
Old 08-29-17, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Let me say upfront that I dislike Paul and nothing would amuse me more than to see him slip up and be voted out before the final two. However, nobody else deserves to win, either. Paul has played well, -though Production gave him a ridiculous and unfair four weeks of immunity, -and no one else seems to have a clue. He's been a "friend" to all sides and no one sees through that to take him out; Alex has to realize that Paul will not let her get to the end. Paul and his allies are already plotting to pull the same game plan next week with Alex and Jason if they can.
Old 08-30-17, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Congratulations to Jason, -he got a TV Guide mention:

Jason Dent's reign as HOH took a reprehensible turn when the Big Brother 19 houseguest made a disturbing "joke" about sexually assaulting another competitor's wife.
During a discussion with Alex, Paul and Josh on the feeds, Jason said that if Kevin were to put any of his allies up on the block he would make the father of seven regret it. "I'll f--- your wife when I get out of here. I'm going to tie up all your daughters and make them f---ing watch," Jason said, laughing.

The atmosphere has gotten so tense that most any argument cuts to "shelter kitten videos", or whatever counts for "fish" these days. Most of the vitriol is directed at Kevin over one thing or another. It seems in part to be orchestrated by Paul, because Kevin seems to be the only one suspicious of him, and it keeps the target off Paul. Josh went after Cody again (even though he's not there) talking cap about his military career and his daughter.

So who should get the favorite player award (25K). I'm tempted to vote for Cody, only because it be the most infuriating to everybody else. And he's the only one who's taken a shot at Paul, though the producers screwed him on that.
Old 08-30-17, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DWilson
So who should get the favorite player award (25K). I'm tempted to vote for Cody, only because it be the most infuriating to everybody else. And he's the only one who's taken a shot at Paul, though the producers screwed him on that.
I never participate in that sort of thing, but if I did Cody is the only one I would even consider voting for.
Old 08-31-17, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Voting is a complete waste of time. It's an obvious click-bait scam. AFP will be whomever CBS production wants it to be.
Old 08-31-17, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Voting is a complete waste of time. It's an obvious click-bait scam. AFP will be whomever CBS production wants it to be.
As with virtually every other aspect of the show.
Old 09-01-17, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't think the contestants could get any dumber.

Paul rails against Kevin saying that he's schmoozing people who are on their way to jury. His peons eat it up. There's one guy in this house who has is close to every single person left in this house and is careful not to burn bridges and it's not Kevin. Please tell me this is just the TV edit and someone, anyone is secretly plotting against Paul. Not that anyone but Paul deserves to win.

Then Matt says that the two people playing the smartest in the house are Paul and... Raven. What? There must be a lot of stuff left on the cutting room floor that I'm not privy to.
Old 09-02-17, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Josh, of all people, gets what Paul's up to, (Josh was talking to the camera under his breath) but while he seems uncomfortable, he feels Paul has his back and won't hurt him.
Let's face it, for the most part he's right, -Josh does whatever Paul tells him (like the blunt tool that he is), and if Paul takes him to second place he knows he'll beat him.
The only problem is Josh's attachment to Christmas.
Old 09-04-17, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't think the contestants could get any dumber.
I was wrong, so wrong. They can get dumber. These people are the worst. I don't believe any of them besides Paul wants to win, they just want to be on tv.

There are only two possible outcomes:
1. Paul wins. He was basically given a bulletproof vest for four weeks, and has run the house through ostracizing anyone who even talks to someone who's on the outs. Like literal mob mentality, ridicule the minority, and this has made every single one of his peons unlikable. It's an amazing social game but he threatens people all the time. He threatened Kevin to get him to throw this comp.
2. We have the worst winner in the history of reality tv. If Paul isn't in the final two then if I were in the jury I'd abstain from voting.

That farce of an HOH just blows my mind. That wasn't a have not competition, that was a freaking HOH. What a joke. How fitting that Xmas won it on one leg without even having to start.

Last edited by fujishig; 09-04-17 at 03:36 AM.
Old 09-04-17, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was wrong, so wrong. They can get dumber. These people are the worst. I don't believe any of them besides Paul wants to win, they just want to be on tv.

There are only two possible outcomes:
1. Paul wins. He was basically given a bulletproof vest for four weeks, and has run the house through ostracizing anyone who even talks to someone who's on the outs. Like literal mob mentality, ridicule the minority, and this has made every single one of his peons unlikable. It's an amazing social game but he threatens people all the time. He threatened Kevin to get him to throw this comp.
2. We have the worst winner in the history of reality tv. If Paul isn't in the final two then if I were in the jury I'd abstain from voting.
The other advantage Paul was given is that he was the only returning player. Obviously, he couldn't have gotten away with what he has if he didn't have the cachet of being a returning player coming in with a certain amount of recognition. If there had been at least one other player with equal power, we might have had an interesting contest.
Old 09-05-17, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd go one worse. Even though Paul is the only one playing, I do believe he was given protection, and that protection blew up Cody's game. I would vote for whomever was sitting next to Paul in the end, just to have all his bullying blow up in his face and he comes out a second place loser again. That's how much I hate this season.

I can't imagine waiting all this time to get on Big Brother and then play someone else's game.
Old 09-05-17, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by magiccmom
I'd go one worse. Even though Paul is the only one playing, I do believe he was given protection, and that protection blew up Cody's game. I would vote for whomever was sitting next to Paul in the end, just to have all his bullying blow up in his face and he comes out a second place loser again. That's how much I hate this season.

I can't imagine waiting all this time to get on Big Brother and then play someone else's game.
See, I thought of that, but then Josh or Xmas or Raven or Alex (I'm assuming Jason and Kevin are not long for the house) would win. I'd rather there not be a winner.

The thing about Cody is that if it had not been a rigged secret popularity contest, if they had just said hey, Paul is coming in here with immunity, it would have been completely different. I know it seemed insane that Cody would put Paul up without consulting his alliance and that blew up in his face, but seeing how things played out that was probably the right thing to do (if Paul didn't have immunity), then convince them afterwards.
Old 09-05-17, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

See, I thought of that, but then Josh or Xmas or Raven or Alex (I'm assuming Jason and Kevin are not long for the house) would win. I'd rather there not be a winner.

The thing about Cody is that if it had not been a rigged secret popularity contest, if they had just said hey, Paul is coming in here with immunity, it would have been completely different. I know it seemed insane that Cody would put Paul up without consulting his alliance and that blew up in his face, but seeing how things played out that was probably the right thing to do (if Paul didn't have immunity), then convince them afterwards.
It would have been a different game if Cody could have nominated Paul, because it's been proven he was the correct target. But keeping his safety secret to cultivate drama made Cody show his hand and put his game at risk. Cody then made the mistake of rashly nominating Christmas, who he personally didn't like but was supposedly an ally of his alliance. He didn't clear that with anybody, either.

Then it became a choice of going with the seemingly rational guy who's got safety for four weeks , or the ineffectual hothead.
Old 09-07-17, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe I'm reading things into this, but I'm wondering if the producers are trying to change our perception of things. They had guest Bobby Moynihan reading the line "These idiots should have evicted Paul the first week", when the producers wouldn't allow him to be evicted.

Note: I was just reading an item on EW.com with Julie Chen regarding bullying on the show, and many of the comments are saying, "Bobby was right, -they were idiots for not evicting him at the beginning and none of them mention the advantages he was given that prevented that.

Last edited by DWilson; 09-07-17 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-07-17, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts

I don't know that we can take the comments too literally. I took it just as "evict him as soon as possible" -- not literally week one.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.