Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 19 Season Thread Premieres June 28th

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-17, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: Big Brother 19 Season Thread Premieres June 28th

So they blindside Alex's ride or die and she responds by putting up two floaters. Power move! What a weak ass pussy. Which basically describes all of these losers who are handing the game to Paul.

Would be excited for Celebrity BB but you know it'll be Dennis Rodman and Bret Michaels types in there sleepwalking to finals.
Old 09-08-17, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
So they blindside Alex's ride or die and she responds by putting up two floaters. Power move! What a weak ass pussy. Which basically describes all of these losers who are handing the game to Paul.

Would be excited for Celebrity BB but you know it'll be Dennis Rodman and Bret Michaels types in there sleepwalking to finals.
I did appreciate that Josh outed Paul's plan to Jason (which was followed by Paul's "confederates" bs message). Which was then followed by the play-acting/over-acting of Paul asking Josh if he'd have evicted him, Josh with weepily saying "Yes".

Unfortunately, I'm told that in his post-eviction interviews Jason is blaming everything on Alex.
Old 09-08-17, 03:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
So they blindside Alex's ride or die and she responds by putting up two floaters. Power move!
Yeah, I couldn't figure that out for the life of me. I thought maybe she was going to backdoor one of them after the POV, but considering everyone was playing in the competition, that wouldn't have made any sense.

Idiots in this house, every one of them..
Old 09-09-17, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
Unfortunately, I'm told that in his post-eviction interviews Jason is blaming everything on Alex.

He is piiiiiiissed
Old 09-09-17, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts

At 2:30, she says she thinks Alex is running the house and controlling Christmas and Josh. Oh boy.

Last edited by GuessWho; 09-09-17 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-11-17, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

I feel like we're getting insight into what a cult looks like as people leave common sense at the door and just get dumber and dumber, like watching Homer Simpson devolve into a simpleton before my very eyes. Josh of all people, is beginning to understand and wants to get out but it's too late.

Let's see, the house splits a vote, Xmas overtly votes out Jason, but no, Alex, let's not take a shot at her. Let's put Kevin and Raven up. Then the house goes against Alex again and keeps Kevin, and she still blames Kevin, the mastermind who was on the block both times and didn't have a vote?

So Jason blames Alex, who was his closest ally. Raven blames Alex, who wanted to keep her over Kevin. Alex somehow blames Kevin. None of them except maybe Josh believe they can survive in this game without Paul, and yet none see him as a threat. You know how there are misunderstandings between people in movies and you feel like you can't suspend disbelief because if they only talked to each other like normal people, they could resolve things easily? Yeah these people are that stupid.
Old 09-11-17, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
You know how there are misunderstandings between people in movies and you feel like you can't suspend disbelief because if they only talked to each other like normal people, they could resolve things easily? Yeah these people are that stupid.
Good point. I've been saying to a friend for weeks that if they'd just compare notes they'd see that they have to get rid of Paul. Now I wonder if that's true. Josh lays it out for Jason in his goodbye message, and Jason believes Josh is lying.
Old 09-12-17, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Alex, -talking to herself/the camera, -seems to now realize she's been played by Paul. She's still going to vote for him to win, and she's going to try to convince Jason to vote for him, too.

Paul apparently doesn't like the comic cover about him and wonders how he's being portrayed. He's telling Josh to reign hell down upon Kevin as soon as Alex is out the door, and also trying to set Josh up to cut Christmas loose when the time comes.

Apparently in another interview Jason now blames Paul for his exit and says Paul has poisoned himself with the jury house. I haven't read the actual interview, so we'll see...
Old 09-17-17, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Omg Raven. They should just spend time at the jury house because that's so much more interesting than the Paul show.
Old 09-17-17, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

How does the jury house work? Does the jury just live there together, or do they keep then separate so they can't influence the final vote?

I've heard conflicting information.
Old 09-17-17, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

They don't keep them separate in the jury house, but from what I've heard they aren't allowed to talk about the game other than during certain times such as when a new person enters or when they're watching the show clips.

I've also heard that that sequester them individually in hotels about a week before the finale. The only time they come together is during the jury roundtable. The person who goes out in 4th place doesn't even go to the jury house and just sees them at the roundtable.
Old 09-17-17, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
They don't keep them separate in the jury house, but from what I've heard they aren't allowed to talk about the game other than during certain times such as when a new person enters or when they're watching the show clips.
Hm. That would explain why I've heard conflicting reports.

Are they chaperoned 24/7 in the house? That's the only way I could see that being remotely enforceable.
Old 09-17-17, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Yeah, there are handlers in the jury house. Not sure how they can always monitor them though. Assuming that Matt and Raven (and possibly Mark and Elena) sleep together at night, not sure how they can completely enforce it.
Old 09-18-17, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

For the first time ever, I haven't watched reliably this year except at the beginning before it became the Paul Show and presently to fast-forward through eviction night episodes.

I so dislike Paul that I hope Josh (yes, Josh!) wins. I say Josh because there is no way Paul is going to pick Christmas for final two. Josh is a bully and seems a bit cray-cray at times but I would love to see Paul's face after losing to him. Ego-tripping Paul would be as shocked as Hillary. I'm actually looking for watching to the finale in the hopes of this.

And as the contestants put in their key and explain their reason for voting on live TV, every one of them needs to say that they cannot vote for Paul because he was given a totally unfair 4-week advantage, ultimately fixing the game.

That would be awesome viewing. Just my two cents worth...

Last edited by leeta; 09-18-17 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-19-17, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm still hoping that Cody will win America's Favorite Player, -if only because Paul puts a lot of stock in it, -he ruminates on who'll win quite a bit, -and I know it'll be a knife to his gut and send him a message. You have to take your satisfaction where you can.
Old 09-19-17, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DWilson
I'm still hoping that Cody will win America's Favorite Player, -if only because Paul puts a lot of stock in it, -he ruminates on who'll win quite a bit, -and I know it'll be a knife to his gut and send him a message. You have to take your satisfaction where you can.
I would think that there is actually a strong chance of this happening at this point (or of Jessica winning). As bad as he and Jessica were at points, everyone else was either nonexistent or was revealed to be much, much worse. And while he went about it wrong, mainly because he was blindsided by the four weeks of safety Paul had, he was absolutely right.
Old 09-20-17, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
For the first time ever, I haven't watched reliably this year except at the beginning before it became the Paul Show and presently to fast-forward through eviction night episodes.

I so dislike Paul that I hope Josh (yes, Josh!) wins. I say Josh because there is no way Paul is going to pick Christmas for final two. Josh is a bully and seems a bit cray-cray at times but I would love to see Paul's face after losing to him. Ego-tripping Paul would be as shocked as Hillary. I'm actually looking for watching to the finale in the hopes of this.

And as the contestants put in their key and explain their reason for voting on live TV, every one of them needs to say that they cannot vote for Paul because he was given a totally unfair 4-week advantage, ultimately fixing the game.

That would be awesome viewing. Just my two cents worth...
I am so all in on this....4 weeks safety is unheard of
Old 09-20-17, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

WoooHoooh!! The look on Paul's face was priceless. It made it worth the slog to the finale, and it went exactly the way that I'd hoped.

It seems like Paul was going to lose it, no matter what
Old 09-20-17, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by T-bone22
WoooHoooh!! The look on Paul's face was priceless. It made it worth the slog to the finale, and it went exactly the way that I'd hoped.

It seems like Paul was going to lose it, no matter what
He lost by one vote again ...and it was Cody's vote. I thought Paul played a better game, but he played with loaded dice for a key part of it. I didn't care for all the "face' and hand gestures he was giving while Josh was talking. Paul was clearly hurt and that's fine with me, -I wish I'd seen his face when the AFP vote was announced. I don't like Josh and didn't care for his game (I forget who called Josh out on his personality, but I had to laugh). Jess also had things nailed down with her comment to the jury.

I wish Cody was a little more personable, but he was true to himself. I voted for him to stick it to Paul and Josh (as I figure many did), who continued to talk crap about him to the very end. Paul will know what that vote means, -in the end he gave Cody 25K.
Old 09-21-17, 01:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I call bullshit! While i wasn't 100% on board with Paul's being a mega snake and lying to everyone he DID deserve to win over those two numbnuts.

His final speech pretty much illustrated that really well and it was hard to argue against it.

The Josh votes were 100% emotional by bitter jurors!

Cuz at the end of the day Big Brother really IS all about backstabbing and conniving to get to the top.
Old 09-21-17, 04:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm so glad Paul lost. Such an entitled egotistical little doooosh.

Josh was the big dumb kid that Paul and Xmas dragged along for the ride because they both thought he would be an easy defeat in a F2 situation.

I'm also glad Cody was awarded AFP if for no other reason than to rub a little additional salt into Paul's wounded ego.

BB19 was The Paul Show. Worst season of BB ever, but at least the finale was fun to watch.
Old 09-21-17, 04:41 AM

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonno2006

Cuz at the end of the day Big Brother really IS all about backstabbing and conniving to get to the top.
Except Beta Paul never wanted to "get blood on his hands" and was afraid to personally go after people and just talked **it behind their back. Josh may have been a big crybaby but when he betrayed people he didn't go "I guess Xmas went rogue" he owned up to it. And when he talked smack he did so in people's face.
Old 09-21-17, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez
Except Beta Paul never wanted to "get blood on his hands" and was afraid to personally go after people and just talked **it behind their back. Josh may have been a big crybaby but when he betrayed people he didn't go "I guess Xmas went rogue" he owned up to it. And when he talked smack he did so in people's face.
Also, I think Paul took it too far at times. He sent Josh and others to go after Cody and attack his military record and his child with the intention of trying to trigger some kind of PTSD incident (as if every vet is a time bomb) until Production told them to cut it out.
Old 09-21-17, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Man do I hate a bitter jury. That was all Paul, all season. Remember as Boogie said, "It's OK to bounce checks in the big brother house."

Alex is so bitter its ridiculous. And Jason is an absolute moron who cant even have an independent thought without Alex.

I guess everyone was able to forgive Josh for all his bullying, and making Megan quit when he was screaming at her. Sigh.

This reminded me of the season Russell almost won in Survivor. Ran the whole game, explained everything he did and still lost.

Damn bitter juries.
Old 09-21-17, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jury management has always, and will always, be part of the game. Paul forgot that - he was still lying up until the end. It was like, they've already cast their final votes, why are you still lying? He also had this weird contradicting thing at the end where he said something like, "I had to do what the house wanted, I couldn't stick my neck out there" while simultaneously saying, "I was the puppet master and everything was my call." Can't be both bro. Just own what you did.

Best game move of the entire season was Josh's goodbye messages to everyone telling them the truth. That won him the game.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.