Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fargo (S3E08) -- "Who Rules the Land of Denial?" -- 6/7/17

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-17, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Re: Fargo (S3E08) -- "Who Rules the Land of Denial?" -- 6/7/17

I just went back and looked at the cast from season 2. I had somehow forgotten just how phenomenal it was, especially compared to this season. There were great performances even from less expected actors like Jeffrey Donovan's Dodd which I thought was fantastic. While there is great stuff this year as well it doesn't hold a candle to last season in this regard, and the story feels far, far thinner as a result.
Old 06-13-17, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Fargo (S3E08) -- "Who Rules the Land of Denial?" -- 6/7/17

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I just went back and looked at the cast from season 2. I had somehow forgotten just how phenomenal it was, especially compared to this season. There were great performances even from less expected actors like Jeffrey Donovan's Dodd which I thought was fantastic. While there is great stuff this year as well it doesn't hold a candle to last season in this regard, and the story feels far, far thinner as a result.
A great example is how awesome Zahn McClarnon was in his E2 compared to the people they have playing similar characters in S2. Same goes for Billy Bob's Malvo compared to Varga.