Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fear the Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 3 Discussion Thread -- premieres 6/4/17

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-17, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 3 Discussion Thread -- premieres 6/4/17

As much as the last episode well represented the problems with this series has had since the beginning, I have to admit that "Thirsty?" ending was pretty good.
Old 09-19-17, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 3 Discussion Thread -- premieres 6/4/17

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
I have to admit that "Thirsty?" ending was pretty good.
and I will admit Walker is a pretty decent character when it comes to adding the human element of a bad guy to the show. It's keeping with the over all theme of how everyone BUT the main family is interesting to watch. It's been said in the past threads for this show but once again I would fine with main family out of the picture.

but unlike say Negan or other really over the top bad guys in TWD, Walker is just going to do a pure us vs them move. Oh can't save everyone? Well your people need to go!

Then the pressure he put out isn't some sort of over the top like action. It's just this steady reminder that if this or that doesn't work, "....your people need to go". Being I tend to think that's how a lot of break downs with in camps or groups would end up happening.

I don't think a super armed ranch of dooms day prep'ers would just roll over as they did on the show but whatever, I get that's for the story lines.
Old 09-19-17, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I've pretty much liked Walker from the beginning as well. Same with Salazar. Used to enjoy Strand more than I do now. They really screwed up that character when they felt they needed to split them all up.

I also think they have made improvements with Nick. But there was way too much shitty content involving him in S1.
Old 09-27-17, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just saw last Sunday's episode. I had my suspicions, but they are now confirmed. Nick is the absolute dumbest, stupidest, idiot to ever appear on any TV show or movie.

I may be done with this series. I can't stand the stupidity anymore.
Old 09-27-17, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I hate to admit it but I am sort of digging this season. I have no idea what is clicking for me, but I don't feel the same anger about the show as i have in the past.
Old 09-28-17, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Guess it never occurred to the crowd in the "ranch" to use the same tactic to turn the horde around in the other direction.
Old 09-28-17, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
I hate to admit it but I am sort of digging this season. I have no idea what is clicking for me, but I don't feel the same anger about the show as i have in the past.
Adjusted expectations?
Old 09-29-17, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Nick is the absolute dumbest, stupidest, idiot to ever appear on any TV show or movie.
Why?
Old 09-29-17, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
Adjusted expectations?
No, because they've always been low to begin with. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm enjoying it.
Old 09-29-17, 05:05 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The horde action scenes were decent

A lot of stupidity, but hey you get that with these shows
Old 09-29-17, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For me, the horde story lines are the worst. It's the easiest thing to deal with if they stick to the rationale that supposedly drive the horde in their direction in the first place (groups being attracted by noise or some other excuse). Just repeat the process and turn them around in the other direction. The key is also how easy it would be to see or hear them coming. The idea that the "ranch" didn't have scouts to see the horde in the first place was a little odd, but it certainly would have been just as easy to turn them around, and send them back where they came from using the same grenade launcher tactic.

What makes sense being a threat is the occasional on-off walker that takes a person by surprise and gets in one bite.
Old 10-02-17, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone see tonight's episode? Can anyone explain how Nick and the psycho brother got out of the helicopter and met up with his mom and everyone to go into the bunker area?
Old 10-02-17, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And on a more important note, can anyone explain why Nick once again decided to stick up and defend the psycho?
Old 10-02-17, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Why?
You really have to ask? Really? I don't think you've been watching the show.

They give the psycho brother chance after chance after chance. He's not fit for society in the post-apocalyptic world or even the pre-apocalyptic world. He's completely psychotic and dangerous to everyone he comes into contact with.

Everyone sees this first hand. Especially Nick. Yet they all give him chance after chance after chance after chance after chance after chance after chance.

Then he brings a zombie hoard onto his town and Nick STILL defends him. Again. And again. Probably another time too.

I can understand forgiving someone once. Maybe twice. Yet this dangerous psychotic has been given about 6-7 chances (just in the past 3 episodes alone).

I think Nick is more dangerous for giving him all those chances.

Never watched a show before where I was actually rooting for the so-called protagonists to die.
Old 10-03-17, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts

This show is terrible. It is definitely the writing. Characters are not consistent. Decisions that characters make and their reactions are incoherent. The only reason why I'm watching at this point is because of some kind of weird loyalty to the Walking Dead. Although unlike TWD since I have no connection to the characters at all it's actually kind of freeing not caring what happens to them. I'm hoping they kill all of the Clarks off and just restart it following a new group.

Actually the Talking Dead is frequently more interesting than the show itself. I think the cast is actually very likeable its the writing that's terrible. Strand (Coleman Domingo) looks like a fun guy to hang out with and is great as a guest, so much so that they've had him on it three times in a row. And Ofelia (Mercedes Mason) is so hot. Not so much on the show but she's great on the Talking Dead.
Old 10-03-17, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Anyone see tonight's episode? Can anyone explain how Nick and the psycho brother got out of the helicopter and met up with his mom and everyone to go into the bunker area?
I think Madison created an explosion that pulled the walkers away from the helicopter. Then there is either a big cut to everyone okay or I just fast forwarded to far : )
Old 10-04-17, 04:54 PM
Banned

I heard that show was getting really good in the first half of season 3 but now it is apparently shit again?
Old 10-04-17, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Dudebro31454
I heard that show was getting really good in the first half of season 3 but now it is apparently shit again?
It improved by default over the lousy first couple seasons. But it's still mediocre at best other than a fluke good episode or two. Killing off Chris and Travis has helped; they should keep taking out of the weakest link which would be Madison next.

Anyway, the dam seems more interesting than the survivalist ranch. If they hired a decent writer, killed off Madison and maybe Nick I think the potential is there.
Old 10-06-17, 01:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Finisher
It improved by default over the lousy first couple seasons. But it's still mediocre at best other than a fluke good episode or two. Killing off Chris and Travis has helped; they should keep taking out of the weakest link which would be Madison next.

Anyway, the dam seems more interesting than the survivalist ranch. If they hired a decent writer, killed off Madison and maybe Nick I think the potential is there.
Hmmmm, I guess I'll wait until the end of the season and binge watch it. It doesn't seem worth following from week to week.
Old 10-07-17, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I don't understand the other characters' reluctance to kill off Troy, and this is what bothers me the most about this show (right now). Madison, Nick and Jake all had opportunities to end him, and each of them chose to spare him even though they know he's off his rocker and done horrible things. Now they've lost their home, and most of the people at the ranch were killed because of Troy's latest stunt, and yet Nick still covered for him. Also, I really wish the writers had killed Madison instead of Travis because Kim Dickens is not a good actress. Everyone I know who watches the show complains about her.
Old 10-07-17, 10:44 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes the characters are woefully inconsistent

just enough decent action scenes to keep me watching
Old 10-07-17, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The last episode was the worst yet. Yes, Troy should have had an unfortunate "accident" a long time ago. I suspect that will happen on this trip to follow the sister.

If this doesn't improve before the season finale, I'm out and I'll feel bad for having given it a shot for this long.
Old 10-09-17, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dudebro31454
Basically.
Old 10-09-17, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah, not sure if I can suffer through junky Nick again. Herp derp let's smear some blood on our faces then chit chat amongst a horde.

Every time this show seems like it's about to course correct it goes in the wrong direction. Madison for mother of the year. Leaves drugs around her junky son and lets her daughter off on her own.
Old 10-09-17, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

They killed off another likeable and original character. Nick's back on drugs. And the Clarks are split up again for no good reason. They're really making it difficult for me to like this show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.