Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Prison Break (S5E09) -- Season Finale -- "Behind The Eyes" -- 5/30/17

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-30-17, 07:19 AM

Received 4,517 Likes on 3,065 Posts

**SEASON FINALE**--"PRISON BREAK" - (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) -- CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

NOT EVERYBODY MAKES IT OUT ALIVE ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON FINALE OF "PRISON BREAK" TUESDAY, MAY 30, ON FOX

Dangerous threats keep Michael and Lincoln fighting to protect Sara and Mike. Meanwhile, Poseidon continues to try and outsmart Michael and the rest of the gang, which leads them to the ultimate showdown, and not everyone makes it out alive in the all-new "Behind The Eyes" season finale episode of PRISON BREAK airing Tuesday, May 30 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (PB-509) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Wentworth Miller as Michael Scofield, Dominic Purcell as Lincoln Burrows, Sarah Wayne Callies as Sara Tancredi, Mark Feuerstein as Jacob Ness, Amaury Nolasco as Sucre, Robert Knepper as T-Bag, Rockmond Dunbar as C-Note, Paul Adelstein as Paul Kellerman, Augustus Prew as Whip, Rick Yune as Ja, Inbar Lavi as Sheba

Guest Cast: Christian Michael Cooper as Mike Scofield, Steve Mouzakis as Van Gogh, Marina Benedict as A&W, Leo Rano as Luca, Duncan Ollerenshaw as Blue Hawaii, and Devin Mackenzie as Nelson Thoureau
Old 05-30-17, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 371 Likes on 300 Posts
Re: Prison Break (S5E09) -- Season Finale -- "Behind The Eyes" -- 5/30/17

I'm watching this out of pure respect to the original series. It's been bad... really bad. Glad it's almost over.
Old 05-31-17, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

It was solid for what it was. And I wouldn't mind seeing it appear every couple of years. But I'm glad it's not back for season 6 right away.

Very satisfying ending with T-Bag and Hank Med imho.
Old 05-31-17, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Very satisfying ending with T-Bag and Hank Med imho.
True. T-Bag got screwed though, he shouldn't be in prison for either death (he obviously didn't kill his kid, and killing A&W was arguably self-defense). Killing Jacob will ensure he never gets out though.
Old 05-31-17, 04:28 PM

I thought it was lame and pointless.
Old 05-31-17, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too thought it was good for what it was. Was fun to see it all play out despite it being obvious what would happen. The big surprise (at least for me) was what Blue Hawaii was all about. Recreating the cabin scene was pretty cool

The fault here that has always been the fault of PB. You know the main characters will never die despite the multiple times they put them supposedly in mortal danger. You know there will be plot holes and happy coincidences to make everything work out. 24 is just as bad in those ways, and that reboot was FAR worse.
Old 05-31-17, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts

I was digging the show when Michael was in prison, but once he got out, it went completely off the rails. It had some decent moments, but overall it was pretty disappointing.
Old 05-31-17, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

I liked this bonus season. Just the right amount of cameos, and each one (C-Note, T-Bag, Sucre) only appeared in a few episodes. Not overused.

I'm ok with the story ending here as well.

I definitely liked this better than 24 Legacy.
Old 06-02-17, 01:19 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

overall it wasn't too bad, had some good moments, good cast chemistry

a lot of roll eyes idiot moments but oh well you need that to keep the story going

I do like this happily ever after ending over Michael dying
Old 06-03-17, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Okay, so maybe I missed it, but while I completely understand and remember how they explained why Michael faked his own death so that he could work for Poseidon breaking out criminals around the globe, what was the explanation for how he beat his terminal disease? I don't remember exactly what he had, but he was constantly bleeding from his nose.

Are they saying he faked that, too?

Also, did anyone watch the episode from Breakout Kings (I think that was the name of the show?) that featured T-Bag a couple years back after Prison Break ended? Didn't he end up back in prison by the end of that episode? It wouldn't shock me if the producers just pretended that didn't happen and just went with the Prison Break storyline for T Bag, but I was curious about this because I couldn't quite remember where his character in particular ended up both in the Prison Break timeline and the Breakout Kings storyline.

Overall, I thought the first half was better than the second half. I think the show handled itself about as good as a show which really shouldn't have continued could. Of course, lots of coincidences for the characters to get out of bad situations, but that's to be expected. Wouldn't have minded if they found a way to use T Bag a little bit better than they did, but on the other hand, I felt like the Michael, Linc, and Sarah's chemistry was all still there, so much so that it's kind of hard to believe the show has been off the air as long as it has. The cast didn't miss a beat, and I found that impressive.

I agree with others that this was more enjoyable to watch than 24 Legacy.

Thought the guy obsessed with Freddy Mercury and his ashes was just weird, though. It felt so completely random.

Overall, I enjoyed the show's return. Wasn't perfect, but I think it did more good things than bad. About as good of a show as you could probably make it, given how the series ended years ago with such finality.
Old 06-05-17, 08:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps we recon Breakout Kings to happen after the end of this PB season?

Breakout Kings was fun - we miss it.
Old 06-06-17, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

I really liked almost all of it, but I didn't like what they did with T-Bag. I thought it was great how they brought such a messed up a character some growth with finding his son, helping others, etc., but then to have his son die right in front of him for no season just felt stupid (other than to set up the ending). I'm glad he snapped that chick's neck afterward.

Overall I enjoyed this season a lot and was glad they brought it back--WAY better than "24," IMO.
Old 06-15-17, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 275 Likes on 177 Posts

Caught up with this tonight. Overall the season was entertaining enough, but man, that finale with the microscopic tattoos and the retinal scan using Poseidon's face tattooed on the back of Michael's hands was the most absurd thing Prison Break has ever done.
Old 06-19-17, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
Perhaps we recon Breakout Kings to happen after the end of this PB season?

Breakout Kings was fun - we miss it.
Don't the exist in the same universe? Crossover baby!
Old 06-19-17, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 371 Likes on 300 Posts

Anybody else notice how fucked up the ears were on the two hit-people? Not sure if that was makeup to make them look bad-ass or if the actors had jacked up ears. The blonde woman was distractingly gross -- despite her ear troubles.
Old 06-20-17, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,551 Likes on 2,543 Posts

I finished the season a few days ago.

I when Michael used a tattoo of Jacob's face on his hands in order to get into his office.

While I was entertained, I feel like the end of the original series back in 2009 was more satisfying than how this ended. It wasn't IMO horrendous like a few people here posted about in other threads. The original cast and their chemistry kept it from being a disaster like 24: Legacy.

I liked the ending with T-Bag getting his revenge on Jacob. But, seriously, Jacob gets sent to FOX River in Illinois with T-Bag? Are there no other Maximum security prisons in New York? That was just silly writing there.

I'm glad they aren't forcing a season 6 and this was for all intents and purposes the end of this story.
Old 06-20-17, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I liked the ending with T-Bag getting his revenge on Jacob. But, seriously, Jacob gets sent to FOX River in Illinois with T-Bag? Are there no other Maximum security prisons in New York? That was just silly writing there.
I assumed that Jacob getting assigned to T-Bag's cell was arranged by somebody.
Old 06-20-17, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
I when Michael used a tattoo of Jacob's face on his hands in order to get into his office.
That was atrociously bad.
Old 06-20-17, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Randian - I assumed that Jacob getting assigned to T-Bag's cell was arranged by somebody.

After Michael turns down working with the CIA - he saids he has a special request.
We are led to believe that he requested that Jacob (and T-Bag) be assigned to Fox River and be roomies.

DJariya - I liked the ending with T-Bag getting his revenge on Jacob. But, seriously, Jacob gets sent to FOX River in Illinois with T-Bag?
Are there no other Maximum security prisons in New York? That was just silly writing there.

How is that silly? Michael just took down a big threat to the United States. The CIA wanted him to work with them.
He declined but had a request and we are led to believe that it was to have Jacob/T-Bag to be assigned to Fox River and be roomies.
Since they wanted Michael to work with them - at least they could be honor his request.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 06-20-17 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-21-17, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I enjoyed this overall. Prison Break has always been stupid show so none of the more out there parts bothered me. Fun wrap up to the series and way better than 24 Legacy.
Old 06-21-17, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I understand Michael had 'Poseidon's' face tattooed on the outside of his hands. There were however tats of big eyes on the opposite side of each hand as well. Did I miss the meaning of that or was it never explained?
BTW, it really irks me how they just totally never even mentioned Michael's terminal illness.
Old 06-21-17, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,551 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by LaxBandit

DJariya - I liked the ending with T-Bag getting his revenge on Jacob. But, seriously, Jacob gets sent to FOX River in Illinois with T-Bag?
Are there no other Maximum security prisons in New York? That was just silly writing there.

How is that silly? Michael just took down a big threat to the United States. The CIA wanted him to work with them.
He declined but had a request and we are led to believe that it was to have Jacob/T-Bag to be assigned to Fox River and be roomies.
Since they wanted Michael to work with them - at least they could be honor his request.
I just thought it was silly that T-Bag would get sent back to FOX River in Illinois again of all places after he killed A&W in New York. Unless he was under some kind of release that if he screwed up or committed another crime, he would be sent back to FOX River no matter where he was.

I forgot that Michael made a deal with the CIA guy and that had some pull with Jacob getting sent wherever Michael wanted him to go.