Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Americans (S5E12) -- "The World Council of Churches" -- 5/23/17

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-17, 06:44 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts
The Americans (S5E12) -- "The World Council of Churches" -- 5/23/17

As Philip and Elizabeth grapple with a momentous decision, Tuan takes matters into his own hands in the Morozov operation. Back in Russia, Oleg's investigation collides with the realities of the Soviet system. Written by Joel Fields and Joe Weisberg; directed by Nicole Kassell.
Old 05-24-17, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts
Re: The Americans (S5E12) -- "The World Council of Churches" -- 5/23/17

Cool episode. Slow but interesting. Can't wait to say goodbye to Pastor Tim.

This episode had exterior scenes actually shot in Russia. I heard the actor who plays Oleg talk about shooting the scenes on the official Podcast recently.
Old 05-24-17, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Thanks, I was wondering if these scenes actually showed Russia.
Old 05-25-17, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

The one thing I'm confused on is why Elizabeth and Phillip went to Pastor Tim about moving back to Russia? Why would they even mention something like that to him, even though he is leaving in 2 months? Was there an alterior motive that they wanted him to tell Paige?

And Tuan is more hardcore then Elizabeth is! Atleast she has some conscious buried in there!
Old 05-25-17, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
The one thing I'm confused on is why Elizabeth and Phillip went to Pastor Tim about moving back to Russia? Why would they even mention something like that to him, even though he is leaving in 2 months? Was there an alterior motive that they wanted him to tell Paige?

And Tuan is more hardcore then Elizabeth is! Atleast she has some conscious buried in there!
Indeed. That's why Philip and Elizabeth think they need to get out imo. The job is getting harder and harder to do.
Old 05-25-17, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Luds
Indeed. That's why Philip and Elizabeth think they need to get out imo. The job is getting harder and harder to do.
I have to say that Elizabeth was either in denial or just flat out lying to Phillip when she said she thought Paige would adjust to the USSR if they moved there. Most kids go crazy if you move to another state or city and they have to leave their friends, she is moving to another country that is the opposite of the way she is living now! And Henry will absolutely hate them after they gave him the OK to go to this Private School, and then by the way, "Oh, we're really Russian Spies and we're all moving back home!"
Old 05-25-17, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
I have to say that Elizabeth was either in denial or just flat out lying to Phillip when she said she thought Paige would adjust to the USSR if they moved there. Most kids go crazy if you move to another state or city and they have to leave their friends, she is moving to another country that is the opposite of the way she is living now! And Henry will absolutely hate them after they gave him the OK to go to this Private School, and then by the way, "Oh, we're really Russian Spies and we're all moving back home!"
Dunno, Paige seems to be really focussed on following in mom's footsteps!
Old 05-25-17, 11:59 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

When Paige threw the rope over the beam in the garage, the first thing I thought was, "is she going to hang herself?" Obviously not, but that would have been a heck of a dark turn...
Old 05-25-17, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Thos19
When Paige threw the rope over the beam in the garage, the first thing I thought was, "is she going to hang herself?" Obviously not, but that would have been a heck of a dark turn...
I thought the same exact thing! I figured Pastor Tim spilled the beans that her parents were talking about moving to USSR. The only reason I even questioned that it may happen was because there is only 1 more season left.