DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Better Call Saul (S3E07) -- "Expenses" -- 5/22/17 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/640189-better-call-saul-s3e07-expenses-5-22-17-a.html)

dex14 05-22-17 07:03 AM

Better Call Saul (S3E07) -- "Expenses" -- 5/22/17

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...47&oe=59A2D504

"Better Call Saul" season three continues with an all-new episode on Monday, May 22nd at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. On the new episode, "Expenses," Jimmy attempts to settle his debts. Nacho reunites with an old acquaintance. Mike helps Stacey with a project and makes a meaningful connection.

Crocker Jarmen 05-22-17 11:44 PM

Re: Better Call Saul (S3E07) -- "Expenses" -- 5/22/17

Was glad to see Mark Proksch get some time off from On Cinema to reprise his role as the pill salesman.

Another really good episode. Not as dramatic as last weeks, but how could it? Jimmy totally had me fooled at the end when he broke down. I completely believed him until he "let slip" about Chuck's behaviour at the trial.

stopgap 05-23-17 01:45 AM

Felt depressing more than usual for Jimmy (now also Saul) in this one. He got one of his usual at the end, but it was just depressing.

DthRdrX 05-23-17 08:15 AM

Casting the Law and Order M.E. seems out of place for this show. I wonder if she is an undercover cop.

Coral 05-23-17 08:46 AM

I guess this is the episode where the wheels start to fall off.

It's gonna get ugly.

stopgap 05-23-17 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX (Post 13079317)
Casting the Law and Order M.E. seems out of place for this show. I wonder if she is an undercover cop.

Mike likes her. He changed his mind after the convo with her. I have no idea why. Is he actually going to use the money to find him? Sounds far fetched but fits into the scene.

fumanstan 05-23-17 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen (Post 13079203)
Another really good episode. Not as dramatic as last weeks, but how could it? Jimmy totally had me fooled at the end when he broke down. I completely believed him until he "let slip" about Chuck's behaviour at the trial.

Yeah, I was watching him break down and couldn't figure out if it was real or not given the circumstances.

andicus 05-23-17 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by stopgap (Post 13079500)
Mike likes her. He changed his mind after the convo with her. I have no idea why. Is he actually going to use the money to find him? Sounds far fetched but fits into the scene.

Yeah, I certainly got the impression that he would try and find him.

I've never watched Law and Order, so to me she's Jessica from ATWT.

stopgap 05-23-17 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by andicus (Post 13079516)
Yeah, I certainly got the impression that he would try and find him.

She'll always be the L&O SVU girl to me. But good for her that she got this part.

p.s. : and that 'boom' sticking out the window was cracking me up. I didn't realize what it was at first.

johnnysd 05-23-17 01:32 PM

Didn't like a couple things in this episode. The subplot with L&O SVU girl seems below this show unless they twist it into something interesting, but it seems they are going down the "mike finds him still alive" path, but
Spoiler:
maybe its a way for Mike to find Ed the Disappearer which would be pretty cool

Also, did not like the breakdown at the end, just seemed too cliche though it does point to the erosion of the "good" Jimmy.

Still far better than almost anything else on TV.

BuckNaked2k 05-23-17 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by andicus (Post 13079516)

I never watched either of those shows. To me she'll always be one of the wives/demons from Devil's Advocate.

http://cdn.moviestillsdb.com/sm/3e0a...s-advocate.jpg

Josh-da-man 05-23-17 06:50 PM

Couple of observations:

Anita was telling Mike about how her husband just vanished without a trace, which seems to have rekindled Mike's desire to seek revenge against Hector over the death of the "good samaritan." Also tragic considering the fate awaiting Mike. His daughter-in-law and granddaughter will be going through the same thing.

Saul is such a sneaky shit. (Pretty safe to assume he's full-on Saul Goodman after this episode). When he went to see the insurance woman he made her look him up so she'd connect him with Chuck, and then went on to out Chuck's breakdown in court and mental health issues.

Bill Needle 05-23-17 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13079958)
Saul is such a sneaky shit. (Pretty safe to assume he's full-on Saul Goodman after this episode). When he went to see the insurance woman he made her look him up so she'd connect him with Chuck, and then went on to out Chuck's breakdown in court and mental health issues.

I took it as more of making lemonade out of lemons. I don't think screwing over Chuck occurred to him until after she told him how his rates would be dramatically increasing.

Bill Needle 05-23-17 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX (Post 13079317)

My guess is that she is being introduced as something that makes Mike vulnerable, someone for him to care about. We know the daughter-in-law/granddaughter aren't in any real danger (thanks to Breaking Bad). Since this new woman does not exist in the BB universe I expect things will end badly for her.

andicus 05-23-17 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k (Post 13079867)
I never watched either of those shows. To me she'll always be one of the wives/demons from Devil's Advocate.

http://cdn.moviestillsdb.com/sm/3e0a...s-advocate.jpg

Forgot about that one! And I just watched bits and pieces of that a couple of days ago, but I don't think I saw her in what I watched.

Lifepawn 05-24-17 07:45 AM

I had been thinking something awful must happen to Kim before this episode. Now I think she just smartens up and dumps him. She clearly has a conscience about stuff so won't fit into Saul's new world.

Bandoman 05-24-17 07:55 AM

My wife sympathizes with Chuck and was appalled at Jimmy/Saul's behavior his episode. My reaction was: (1) Chuck did everything he could to fuck Jimmy over, he's getting what he deserves; and (2) now THIS is Saul Goodman!

Timber 05-24-17 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13079958)
Couple of observations:

Anita was telling Mike about how her husband just vanished without a trace, which seems to have rekindled Mike's desire to seek revenge against Hector over the death of the "good samaritan." Also tragic considering the fate awaiting Mike. His daughter-in-law and granddaughter will be going through the same thing.

To me that makes much more sense then some subplot with Mike tracking down a missing guy he's ever met.

I felt so bad for Jimmy this episode but that all washed away with the look on his face when he was walking out of the insurance office. He's embracing Saul more and more.

mphtrilogy 05-24-17 10:53 AM

Kim saw her future during the bar scene, her eyes gave it all away... that's where it ended and she is seeing Jimmy turn into Saul...

I didn't get the Mike and his new girlfriend storyline, but I will always take more Mike

stopgap 05-24-17 12:06 PM

To be honest the writers are not going to let anything happen to Kim. We are too invested in her.

'Saul' is going to do something to the point where she just walks away.

andicus 05-24-17 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by stopgap (Post 13080426)
To be honest the writers are not going to let anything happen to Kim. We are too invested in her.

'Saul' is going to do something to the point where she just walks away.

I think this insurance business just may be that 'something.'

She understood, but clearly wasn't happy about what they did to salvage Jimmy's career. She'll just see the insurance move as spiteful, and I think it will be the proverbial straw.

stopgap 05-24-17 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by andicus (Post 13080436)
I think this insurance business just may be that 'something.'

She understood, but clearly wasn't happy about what they did to salvage Jimmy's career. She'll just see the insurance move as spiteful, and I think it will be the proverbial straw.

It's hard to say with her. That last' game' Jimmy tried to play... It went a commercial. They basically left us hanging.

I have no idea how she is leaving but to me, that was a clue.

mhg83 05-24-17 06:58 PM

So does this mean all of HHM just got fucked over by Saul? It's not just Chucks premium but the whole firm is now affected?

zuffy 05-24-17 09:08 PM

Anything bad happen to Chuck and/or HHM is basically Chuck's own fucking fault.

andicus 05-25-17 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by mhg83 (Post 13080780)
So does this mean all of HHM just got fucked over by Saul? It's not just Chucks premium but the whole firm is now affected?

I'm thinking for that reason that Chuck may have to leave HHM.

Originally Posted by zuffy (Post 13080885)
Anything bad happen to Chuck and/or HHM is basically Chuck's own fucking fault.

Absolutely.