TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Better Call Saul (S3E06) -- "Off Brand" -- 5/15/17

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-17, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts
Re: Better Call Saul (S3E06) -- "Off Brand" -- 5/15/17

Originally Posted by Decker
Didn't mind the Lydia appearance. She would have had to be involved with Gus for a while before Walt. Speaking of Lydia on BB, I was never quite sure why Walt had to kill her. She didn't seem like an immediate threat to him. Can someone give me a refresher as to what exactly lead to the Ricin Stevia packet?
Lydia teamed up with Todd and his uncle's gang... who were responsible for killing Hank. Plus she tried to get them to kill Walt as well. Walt didn't really need to kill her because she wasn't a threat to anyone important to him at that point - but she needed to be punished.
Old 05-20-17, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
This show has really raised the bar this season
Old 05-20-17, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

I watched a few episodes of Breaking Bad today and I am more convinced that ever that Breaking Bad is the best TV show of all time not named Columbo.

It is amazingly deep and consistent and the continuity with BCS is just amazing. Makes me wonder how deep the character back stories and character profiles are.
Old 05-20-17, 04:28 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah the nuances in BB and BCS are incredible

Every camera angle, every line of dialog, everything means something or links to something

It is television genius
Old 05-21-17, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Yep, this episode was incredible.
Old 05-21-17, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Love this show this season. Jimmy and Kim are so fun together. Even though I hate that it's a doomed relationship and will lead to some sort of terrible heartache, I keep rooting for them.
Maybe she moves to Nebraska some day.
Well, we really don't know that. Maybe she's living in Omaha...
Old 05-22-17, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
Well, we really don't know that. Maybe she's living in Omaha...
Yeah that is the interesting thing. I do not think there is anything in BB that explicitly says he is not with someone, though it is implied towards the end when he is getting his new life. I have a theory where they are going and I do not like it one bit.
Old 05-22-17, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Yeah that is the interesting thing. I do not think there is anything in BB that explicitly says he is not with someone, though it is implied towards the end when he is getting his new life. I have a theory where they are going and I do not like it one bit.
Spoiler:
That Kim, at some point before BB, had Ed scrub her identity and send her away to Omaha? I don't really see that happening. Since she's from Nebraska, it wouldn't make sense to set her up in Omaha.

Maybe she ended up moving back to Nebraska, and that's why Saul ended up there. I doubt it's a coincidence that Nebraska is in Kim's past and Jimmy's future. I don't remember the details, but if Saul got to choose where to set up his new identity, maybe he chose Omaha so he could ne close to Kim.
Old 05-22-17, 01:15 AM

Saul mentioned that his second ex-wife screwed his step-dad on Breaking Bad. Has not been addressed on BCS at all. I don't think they've ever mentioned even a first ex-wife. Can't imagine that Vince & Co. don't eventually come around to dealing with that -- one way or another (like it being a cover story he likes to tell perhaps).
Old 05-22-17, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Saul mentioned that his second ex-wife screwed his step-dad on Breaking Bad. Has not been addressed on BCS at all. I don't think they've ever mentioned even a first ex-wife. Can't imagine that Vince & Co. don't eventually come around to dealing with that -- one way or another (like it being a cover story he likes to tell perhaps).
On BCS Saul mentioned an ex-wife cheated on him with "Chet" - which is why he performed the Chicago Sunroof on his car. I'm assuming this is his first ex-wife because he would've mentioned "Chet" being his step-dad otherwise.

I doesn't sound like there was enough time between BCS and BB for Saul to have a second marriage/divorce - so I'm assuming both marriages happened before BCS - unless he lied to Walk about there being a second ex-wife, which really doesn't make sense.

There's a theory out there that says Kim is Jimmy/Saul's first wife/ex-wife.
Old 05-22-17, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Coral

There's a theory out there that says Kim is Jimmy/Saul's first wife/ex-wife.
You mean second ex-wife? The first ex-wife would have been in Chicago before Jimmy moved to NM.
Old 05-22-17, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You mean second ex-wife? The first ex-wife would have been in Chicago before Jimmy moved to NM.
I ruled out second ex-wife since I can't see Kim screwing Jimmy's step-dad, and her being acquainted with Jimmy's family (mother/step-dad) who are probably still in Chicago kill that as well. But I guess her being the first ex-wife doesn't work either - which was the theory others were going on.

In my opinion, I'm not seeing Kim being either of the ex-wives.
Old 05-22-17, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Spoiler:
That Kim, at some point before BB, had Ed scrub her identity and send her away to Omaha? I don't really see that happening. Since she's from Nebraska, it wouldn't make sense to set her up in Omaha.

Maybe she ended up moving back to Nebraska, and that's why Saul ended up there. I doubt it's a coincidence that Nebraska is in Kim's past and Jimmy's future. I don't remember the details, but if Saul got to choose where to set up his new identity, maybe he chose Omaha so he could ne close to Kim.
No, I am thinking something different, I think they have already hinted at.
Old 05-23-17, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had to catch up with this ep before 'Expenses' tonight. But yeah, Lydia was a nice surprise. She has to show up in BCS eventually due to Gus.

I liked Gus scoping out his new 'domain'.
Old 05-23-17, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
I wonder if they'll skip the majority of Jimmy's 12-month suspension.
I think they go with it as it's already the end of the season soon. Most why they waited so late (it's already getting cumbersome).

Next season will be a full year and he'll be back. It looks like they want to show him going through some serious hardship, leading to Saul.