DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Riverdale (S1E13) -- Season Finale -- "Chapter 13: The Sweet Hereafter" -- 5/11/17 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/640063-riverdale-s1e13-season-finale-chapter-13-sweet-hereafter-5-11-17-a.html)

DJariya 05-11-17 08:43 PM

Riverdale (S1E13) -- Season Finale -- "Chapter 13: The Sweet Hereafter" -- 5/11/17

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_fFwqiWsAANLcy.jpg:large

THURSDAY, MAY 11

SEASON FINALE

RIVERDALE

"Chapter Thirteen: The Sweet Hereafter" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LSV) (HDTV)

SEASON FINALE - Archie (KJ Apa) and Veronica (Camila Mendes) continue to grow closer. Betty (Lili Reinhart) is tired of her family acting as if nothing has happened and confronts her mother. Jughead (Cole Sprouse) finds himself in an unexpected situation, leaving Archie and the gang scrambling. Hermione (Marisol Nichols) makes Fred (Luke Perry) an offer that seems too good to be true. Meanwhile, the truth about Blossom's family business is revealed leaving Cheryl (Madelain Petsch) to take matters into her own hands. Madchen Amick and Ashleigh Murray also star. Lee Toland Krieger directed the episode written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (#113). Original airdate 5/11/2017.

The show was renewed for a 2nd season on March 7th.

Season 2 will reportedly be 22-23 episodes.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/05/riv...ving-full.html

They are beginning production this July and filming through April of 2018.

This will probably make a few of you unhappy as I know many here don't like long seasons.

DeadLamb 05-12-17 12:33 AM

Re: Riverdale (S1E13) -- Season Finale -- "Chapter 13: The Sweet Hereafter" -- 5/11/1

Originally Posted by DeadLamb (Post 13067425)
shows like this love to have a random twin no one knows about.

Well I was close! I should of tried for a single base hit and say "unknown brother" and not swung for the bleacher level grand slam of a twin in the attic. Other wise, for a season ending ep this was a total throw away.

A couple of people hooked up and the show fell back on 2 of the lamest cliff hanger cliches writers can do. They should of thrown in a car wreck too, just to cover all of their bases. Blah.. That said, Cheryl Blossom (Madelaine Petsch) looked extra hot this ep. I kind of hope we get evil daughter of ex drug dealing maple syrup empire dad in season 2.

DJariya 05-12-17 02:17 PM

Re: Riverdale (S1E13) -- Season Finale -- "Chapter 13: The Sweet Hereafter" -- 5/11/1

Well, we learned in this finale that Cheryl is still fucking crazy. :lol:

Damn, poor Fred. No way they kill off Archie's Dad though. I think next season will pick up with Fred and Archie going to the hospital and eventually he will recover.

:thumbsup: Veronica.

With the murder mystery wrapped, this felt more like an epilogue to episode 12 . Not really sure where they go next season.

DWilson 05-12-17 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13071893)

With the murder mystery wrapped, this felt more like an epilogue to episode 12 . Not really sure where they go next season.

I've read that was the intention, -to take an episode to re-establish the characters by having them take a breath and process what happened and then slowly move into elements that set up next season (the producers see Jughead taking the jacket as Betty watches to be similar to the end of "The Godfather", when Kay watches as Michael takes power).

Superman07 05-12-17 05:03 PM

Maybe some of that was cliche, but it was damn tense.

I jumped when Cheryl went through the ice and totally thought it was Archie that got hit.

I agree 22-23 episodes next season seems like too much. I hope they can structure the season so there are 2-3 distinct story elements.

Fred better be around next season. He was the foundation for this first season.

DWilson 05-12-17 10:41 PM

If it's going to be a regulation 20plus episode series then they've already lost me. That's more than I want to invest in this series, and I don't see how they can support that much story without falling prey to the usual tropes of every prime-time soap.

stopgap 05-13-17 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13071893)
Well, we learned in this finale that Cheryl is still fucking crazy. :lol:

Damn, poor Fred. No way they kill off Archie's Dad though. I think next season will pick up with Fred and Archie going to the hospital and eventually he will recover.

:thumbsup: Veronica.

Next season is

lwhy? 07-22-17 03:51 PM

New trailer for season 2 came out today: