Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Bounty Law TV series in the works -- Quentin Tarantino to write and direct all episodes

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bounty Law TV series in the works -- Quentin Tarantino to write and direct all episodes

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-20, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...nty-law-series

Quentin Tarantino will write and direct all 5 episodes of Bounty Law series

It’s Jake Cahill, and he goes by Bounty Law! Do you want more of that? Well, you’re gonna get it, and Quentin Tarantino himself is gonna direct. That’s right, the man himself is planning a five episode spinoff of fictional TV series Bounty Law, as featured in the Academy Award-nominated Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

“As far as the ‘Bounty Law’ shows, I want to do that, but it will take me a year and a half,” Tarantino told Deadline and said, ”I ended up writing five half-hour episodes. So I’ll do them, and I will direct all of them.”

The fictional series follows Jake Cahill as he wonders the old west looking for bounties to collect. In Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, the show marks one of the high points in the career of actor Rick Dalton (played by Leonard DiCaprio) before his gradual descent into mediocrity.

“It got an introduction from ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,’ but I don’t really consider it part of that movie even though it is,” Tarantino said. “This is not about Rick Dalton playing Jake Cahill. It’s about Jake Cahill. Where all this came from was, I ended up watching a bunch of ‘Wanted, Dead or Alive‘, and ‘The Rifleman,’ and ‘Tales of Wells Fargo,’ these half-hour shows to get in the mindset of ‘Bounty Law,’ the kind of show Rick was on. I’d liked them before, but I got really into them. The concept of telling a dramatic story in half an hour. You watch and think, wow, there’s a helluva lot of storytelling going on in 22 minutes. I thought, I wonder if I can do that?”

No official word on Leonardo DiCaprio’s involvement, or Brad Pitt for that matter, though you’d have to assume they’d be game to reprise their role as Rick Dalton and stuntman Cliff Booth, respectively.
Old 01-17-20, 02:03 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Bounty Law TV series in the works -- Quentin Tarantino to write and direct all episodes

This will never happen, but it would be cool to see if DiCaprio was involved.
Old 01-17-20, 05:47 PM

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Re: Bounty Law TV series in the works -- Quentin Tarantino to write and direct all episodes

This will never happen, but it would be cool to see if DiCaaaaah, okay, Groucho beat me to it.
Old 01-17-20, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

If Tarantino actually is serious and does it then I’m totally game for it, but yeah who knows if it’ll actually pan out. Part of me is optimistic because this wouldn’t be a full on series. Five half hour or less episodes seems pretty doable to me.
Old 01-17-20, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Hey, it's not like QT has ever before talked about an exciting upcoming project that he really wanted to do, but ended up never actually doing.
Old 01-17-20, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

I’m not saying that. Just saying I could maybe see it but who knows. His track record for projects he’d like to do versus what he actually does isn’t the greatest.
Old 01-17-20, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I’m not saying that. Just saying I could maybe see it but who knows. His track record for projects he’d like to do versus what he actually does isn’t the greatest.
No, I wasn't making fun of your post at all. Just sarcasticaly pointing out the same thing you just did, that QT talks about a lot of projects that he never gets to. It really gets old. Makes me wonder why he's still seemingly so firm about 10 movies for a career...
Old 01-17-20, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

If he's actually serious about this, I'm sure a bunch of providers would be more than happy to cut him a check right now.