Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Designated Survivor (S1E18) -- "Lazarus" -- 4/26/17

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-17, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Designated Survivor (S1E18) -- "Lazarus" -- 4/26/17

THE WHITE HOUSE FIGHTS TO PROTECT ONE OF THEIR OWN, ON ABC'S 'DESIGNATED SURVIVOR'

"Lazarus" - As President Kirkman considers candidates for Vice President, Kimble Hookstraten finds herself embroiled in scandal. Agent Wells and Jason Atwood return from North Dakota with a critical new lead while journalist Abe Leonard's investigation takes an unexpected turn, on ABC's "Designated Survivor," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26 (10:00 -11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

"Designated Survivor" stars Kiefer Sutherland as Tom Kirkman, Natascha McElhone as Alex Kirkman, Adan Canto as Aaron Shore, Italia Ricci as Emily Rhodes, LaMonica Garrett as Mike Ritter, with Kal Penn as Seth Wright and Maggie Q as Hannah Wells.

"Lazarus" was written by Jennifer Johnson. Chris Grismer is the director.

Episode 18 of 22
Old 04-27-17, 08:50 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Re: Designated Survivor (S1E18) -- "Lazarus" -- 4/26/17

Loved the blatant product placement of the Ford Fusion.

Old 04-28-17, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74

Seriously at that!

I want so bad to enjoy this show, but the last two episodes had two big reveals and...I couldn't remember who either one of the people were. Made them both completely fall flat.

I'm glad they have minimized the president's family storyline, but the political stuff is boring me. Ironically, I'm finding the current White House's political fights and drama are more interesting than this scripted series.

I'm pretty much just sticking around for the conspiracy. Sigh.
Old 04-28-17, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, the advertising made it seem like a major character was a traitor. Then it turns out to be a guy who I can't remember being in any previous episodes. AKA, a nobody.
Old 04-29-17, 01:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah thought their car was going to be hacked or such. So the traitor was that older Senator w Bowman at the table during the Supreme Court episode? Not terribly memorable ...
Old 04-29-17, 10:45 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'll watch this season out but it better wow me on the run home
Old 04-30-17, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
Yeah thought their car was going to be hacked or such. So the traitor was that older Senator w Bowman at the table during the Supreme Court episode? Not terribly memorable ...

http://www.tvguide.com/news/designat...lazarus-recap/
But who is his source? We found out it was... Jay Whitaker! Wait, who? Jay Whitaker, Homeland Security Adviser. Here's a picture to remind you who he is:

Now, I don't blame you for not knowing who Jay Whitaker is because we've only seen him a handful of times. In fact, I had to look it up. According to IMDB, he's been in three episodes before this, but he never made enough of an impression for me to remember him. Now he's the man who is working with Lozano and (likely) Lloyd. It's just too bad that promos treated the mole's identity as a huge revelation for the show, because it wasn't.
Yes, I had to look it up too. I also had to look up who the big baddie Patrick Lloyd was since I thought the actor looked like Anthony Michael Hall.
Old 04-30-17, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74

Lethal Weapon did something similar this season. Fucking terrible
Old 05-01-17, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Seriously at that!

I want so bad to enjoy this show, but the last two episodes had two big reveals and...I couldn't remember who either one of the people were. Made them both completely fall flat.

I'm glad they have minimized the president's family storyline, but the political stuff is boring me. Ironically, I'm finding the current White House's political fights and drama are more interesting than this scripted series.

I'm pretty much just sticking around for the conspiracy. Sigh.
You're watching a show about the Presidency and yet you want something other than his family or politics I think you just need to tune out now because I don't see how it can be about anything else.

If it's just the conspiracy that's caught your attention there's a lot more shows out there than to torture yourself sitting thru this.
Old 05-01-17, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by barelypure
You're watching a show about the Presidency and yet you want something other than his family or politics I think you just need to tune out now because I don't see how it can be about anything else.

If it's just the conspiracy that's caught your attention there's a lot more shows out there than to torture yourself sitting thru this.
You're probably right, but the first half of this season was largely focused on the conspiracy, action-oriented, etc. I felt like it was a 24-knock-off, with about half as much action and Jack as president. But now it's turned into a West Wing knock-off...which just isn't thrilling me.

But I still really like Kiefer Sutherland, so I'll probably stick around a bit longer.