Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Game Changers (S34E10) -- "A Line Drawn in Concrete" -- 4/26/17

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-17, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Survivor: Game Changers (S34E10) -- "A Line Drawn in Concrete" -- 4/26/17

FRIENDS BECOME ENEMIES WHEN ONE CASTAWAY IS CAUGHT TRYING TO SABOTAGE ANOTHER'S GAME, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26

"A Line Drawn in Concrete" - Friends become enemies when one castaway is caught trying to sabotage another's game, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, April 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"Maku Maku" Tribe

Andrea Boehlke

Aubry Bracco

Michaela Bradshaw

Brad Culpepper

Sierra Dawn-Thomas

Cirie Fields

Sarah Lacina

Troyzan Robertson

Zeke Smith

Tai Trang

Debbie Wanner

Eliminated Castaways

Ciera Eastin (1st Eliminated)
Tony Vlachos (2nd Eliminated)
Caleb Reynolds (3rd Eliminated)
Malcolm Freburg (4th Eliminated)
James "J.T." Thomas (5th Eliminated)
Sandra Diaz Twine (6th Eliminated)
Jeff Varner (7th Eliminated)
Hali Ford (8th Eliminated)
Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth (9th Eliminated)
Old 04-26-17, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Re: Survivor: Game Changers (S34E10) -- "A Line Drawn in Concrete" -- 4/26/17

While I appreciate something unexpected happening, I don't think that was a good move for Sarah. I think that "Power 6" was happy to cruise all the way to the final six. At that point Sarah should've been able to make the point that Sierra and Brad couldn't be beat at final tribal council. And with her vote stealing advantage she could've picked her preferred final three.

Unlike the members in the power alliance, the minority alliance is full of liars and schemers. Sarah won't be able to take anything they say at face value and I think her chances of winning the game (or even making it to final tribal council) just got a lot worse.
Old 04-26-17, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still really love this show and this season is very entertaining so far.
Old 04-26-17, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Sarah imo no way makes f3 if she sticks with that 6. Troyzan is really good friends with Sierra/Brad outside the show and no way he would he would flip on either,Debbie and Tai are also closer to to Sierra/Brad then they are her and as a 4some were together almost all the premerge. Sarah was a clear 6th in that group and it's possible they would have cut her even sooner.
Old 04-26-17, 11:25 PM

What was up with challenge? It seemed scripted for a Cirie hero moment. Jeff basically led her through that whole thing by building her up and then suggesting she finish the challenge (does she even consider it without him getting involved?). What was she going to say "Nah, I'm good" after he built her up like that? And then after doing that, it was "relax we'll give you a boat ride back while the winning team swims back"?

And maybe I missed something - the boat picked up the 5 folks on one platform, but no one noticed that Sarah declined to get on with everyone, swam over to the other platform for no obvious reason, waited for Michaela to get on the boat, then climbed up on the platform and retrieved the advantage after every one else was on the boat? And no one noticed that?
Old 04-26-17, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by wirefan
And maybe I missed something - the boat picked up the 5 folks on one platform, but no one noticed that Sarah declined to get on with everyone, swam over to the other platform for no obvious reason, waited for Michaela to get on the boat, then climbed up on the platform and retrieved the advantage after every one else was on the boat? And no one noticed that?
Dalton Ross explained that nicely at ew.com. He said the boat transports are completely blackened out from the inside. And players descend into the boat one at a time. Sarah pretended she had to take off her shoe to adjust it to ensure she was the last one in the boat. And then she could grab the advantage without any fear of anyone seeing her. BTW, both teams rode a boat back.
Old 04-27-17, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
While I appreciate something unexpected happening, I don't think that was a good move for Sarah. I think that "Power 6" was happy to cruise all the way to the final six. At that point Sarah should've been able to make the point that Sierra and Brad couldn't be beat at final tribal council. And with her vote stealing advantage she could've picked her preferred final three.
Exactly. While you never know what might be going on that we don't see, if the six was solid she could have named her final three from them. This was a move for the sake of making a move (ego) and didn't seem to make a whole lot of sense from a game strategy perspective. And I say that as someone who is thrilled to see Debbie gone.
Old 04-27-17, 12:34 AM

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

If the six was solid why was Sierra only offering Sarah a f3 on day 24? That's the kind of offer you make to someone to shore up their vote who is the shakiest in a big alliance.
Old 04-27-17, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez
If the six was solid why was Sierra only offering Sarah a f3 on day 24? That's the kind of offer you make to someone to shore up their vote who is the shakiest in a big alliance.
Last week was the first time the members of that alliance saw a clear path to the final six. It makes sense for this to be the time smart players are plotting seriously for the end game. Besides, who knows what kind of alliance talk has been going on. Theres probably a dozen different final three alliance promise combinations floating around out there.

That said, I hope you're right and Sarah ended up making a good move. I don't want to see Brad and Sierra power couple their way to the very end (with Troyzan along as goat). That seems like a dull way for this season to go.
Old 04-27-17, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by brainee
Dalton Ross explained that nicely at ew.com. He said the boat transports are completely blackened out from the inside. And players descend into the boat one at a time. Sarah pretended she had to take off her shoe to adjust it to ensure she was the last one in the boat. And then she could grab the advantage without any fear of anyone seeing her. BTW, both teams rode a boat back.
Thanks for the info.

But even if she had to fix her shoe - clearly they saw Michaela, who was on the other platform, get on before she did. So she fixed her show and then swam over to the other platform and they bought that? It's not like the boat turned around and went back after Michaela got on.
Old 04-27-17, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Once again, Debbie added another occupation. lol
Old 04-27-17, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 212 Likes on 188 Posts

Thanks for the info.

But even if she had to fix her shoe - clearly they saw Michaela, who was on the other platform, get on before she did. So she fixed her show and then swam over to the other platform and they bought that? It's not like the boat turned around and went back after Michaela got on.
Keep in mind you're looking at it with the context of knowing there's an advantage to be grabbed.
Old 04-27-17, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

It remains to be seen if that was the right move for Sarah, but it sure was entertaining to see Debbie get the ax.

And obviously Michaela lacks the social skills necessary to win this game. But her grabbing some food to munch on as the votes were read was hilarious to me. Especially in view of her tribemates pointing out that she eats all the time.

What was up with challenge? It seemed scripted for a Cirie hero moment. Jeff basically led her through that whole thing by building her up and then suggesting she finish the challenge (does she even consider it without him getting involved?). What was she going to say "Nah, I'm good" after he built her up like that? And then after doing that, it was "relax we'll give you a boat ride back while the winning team swims back"?
Yep, this was ridiculous. Way too much was made of this, both in making it happen and giving it so much air time.

I think Probst should have given Tai a chance to finish the immunity reward after the spelling disaster.

Last edited by Cardsfan111; 04-27-17 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-28-17, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I didn't mind the Cirie moment, but not only did it take up challenge time, but then they talked about it again after the commercial break, and then once more at tribal council. That's too much.

Michaela cracks me up. Drinking tea at one tribal, eating coconut at another. No way she's winning, but between her physical strength, short fuse, attractive looks, and villain mentality, she's doing a nice job making herself one of the few truly memorable Survivors. If they have another group show in 5 years, she'll probably be back.
Old 04-28-17, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

they had to build up the Cirie moment since everyone probably knew that once she was picked as one of the captains, the challenge was over.
Old 04-28-17, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
they had to build up the Cirie moment since everyone probably knew that once she was picked as one of the captains, the challenge was over.
Good point. You could argue that producers probably figured she'd be picked last and would get the secret advantage. [/conspiracytheory]
Old 04-28-17, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Strategically, Debbie seems like an odd target, but I would assume that was the move Sarah was willing to make. Brad or Sierra certainly seem like bigger targets though.

She's awful at building relationships, but I still love Michaela. It would be interesting to see what a 30 year old Michaela would be like on Survivor. Or at least one who had seen herself play on TV before playing again.
Old 04-29-17, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's no one here for me to root for, but imo Debbie's been the most annoying one since Sandra left. I was very happy to see her go, though my poor ears will appreciate her elimination the most.