Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race (S29E04/05) - "Another One Bites the Dust/Have Faith in Me, Broski"

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race (S29E04/05) - "Another One Bites the Dust/Have Faith in Me, Broski"

Old 04-21-17, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

A U-TURN CAUSES FRICTION IN TANZANIA AND RACERS CLIMB TO NEW HEIGHTS IN NORWAY ON SPECIAL BACK-TO-BACK EPISODES OF "THE AMAZING RACE," THURSDAY, APRIL 20

"Another One Bites the Dust" (Zanzibar and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania)
- A previously played U-turn causes friction between two teams in Tanzania, on THE AMAZING RACE, Thursday, April 20 (9:01-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan)
is the host.

"Have Faith in Me, Broski" (Alesund, Norway)
- Racers take on a record setting Roadblock by helping build a 13-story bonfire in Norway, on THE AMAZING RACE, Thursday, April 20 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan)
is the host.

Remaining Teams in THE AMAZING RACE:

Matt and Redmond

Shamir and Sara

Becca and Floyd

Vanck and Ashton

Tara and Joey

London and Logan

Michael and Liz

Scott and Brooke

2 episodes airing back to back tonight.

Sorry this was posted very late. Was out of town.
Old 04-21-17, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race (S29E04/05) - "Another One Bites the Dust/Have Faith in Me, Bros

Their promo blurb pushes the U-turn spat? Wasn't that like two minutes at the start of the episode?

I thought the kayak leg was going to be a lot easier than running around looking for trolls, but I guess the map made it a lot easier than those kind of treasure hunts usually are.

Originally Posted by DJariya
Perfect timing for those of us on the West Coast.
Old 04-21-17, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race (S29E04/05) - "Another One Bites the Dust/Have Faith in Me, Bros

Originally Posted by DJariya
2 episodes airing back to back tonight.

Brooke is giving Flo from Season 3 a run for her money. Are you kidding me right now? I think Scott is ready to do some bodily harm. So hilarious.
Old 04-21-17, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

A solid set of episodes. Surprised the fast forward wasn't as fast as they thought. I had no idea you can skydive from a helicopter.

Once again, Logan and London finish towards the end. It's not pretty, but just stay alive. Still rooting for them!
Old 04-21-17, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can tell Scott likes pushing Brooke's buttons. And boy she has a lot of them. Her complete meltdown at the ladle making challenge was funny. She probably could have finished in less than half the time if she stopped crying and feeling sorry for herself. Instead of : Hits ladle with hammer " I cant do this!, this is impossible!, its too hard!", Hits ladle with hammer.
Old 04-21-17, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My favorite part was when she said her ladle looked like a 1-year old made it. That was hilarious.
Old 04-21-17, 01:01 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These episodes really revealed who the a-holes (if any) in each pairing are.

I'm curious what happened with the Fast Forward planning. Either the setup and safety guidelines took up more time than they were expecting, or they overestimated how long the challenges would take. It seems like the first leg last night would have been a better choice for the FF.

The irony is Becca and Floyd had the Express Pass and probably would have easily gotten First Place if they had skipped the FF.
Old 04-21-17, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Alesund, Norway was one of the most beautiful places they've ever featured on the show in my opinion.
Old 04-21-17, 06:29 PM

The FF is always risky. They could've gotten all the way up then told it was too windy.
Old 04-21-17, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
These episodes really revealed who the a-holes (if any) in each pairing are.
Poor Vanck I'm getting flashbacks of what Blair had to go through during AR 26. That one scene was so sad, with Ashton just ripping on him to the camera with Vanck just standing silently next to her.
Old 04-21-17, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I found myself rooting for Vanck and Ashton as well during the leg, and yes, she is quite aggressive. Vanck really hasn't done much of what he did in the first episode (the right turn explanation). He's mostly being passive at this point as Ashton takes the alpha lead.

For example, he wanted to search the "royal doors" on the the computer and Ashton thought it was wasting time. It's a smart play.
Old 04-28-17, 04:56 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Alesund, Norway was one of the most beautiful places they've ever featured on the show in my opinion.
Yup for sure going to visit
Old 04-30-17, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Exclusive: Sara Fowler talks 'The Amazing Race' "nightmare" partner Shamir Arzeno and finding "love" with Logan Bauer -
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski - Reality TV World . com - 04/27/2017 - http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/e...auer-21902.php

Reality TV World: Were you leaning towards picking a different Racer after the season's very first suitcase challenge?
If Shamir was taken, whom would you have picked?

Sara Fowler: If Shamir had not chosen me as a partner and I had my pick, I would have chosen [Logan Bauer].
I saw him and thought, "Yes, please. I'll take the big strong werewolf!" Little did I know Logan is actually Wolverine. Good call [London Kaye]!

Reality TV World: Based on what I've seen on social media, it looks like you are dating Logan and might even be in love with him!
Could you confirm that, and if you're not dating, what is your relationship with him?

Sara Fowler: Even though I was eliminated, I feel like I won The Amazing Race. Logan and I are happily in love.

Reality TV World: Are you still living in the Virgin Islands and is Logan living in Georgia?
If that is the case, how you are two making a long-distance relationship work and are either of you planning on moving?

Sara Fowler: I have two homes these days. I travel back and forth between the US Virgin Islands, where I sell luxury real estate with Sotheby's International Realty, and Los Angeles. Jumping on a plane feels like taking a taxi ride these days, so traveling to see one another is easy. Of course we want to live together, but right now we are enjoying this adventure and allowing the rest to unfold.

Everyone can follow our story on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/sarafowler_/ - (Logan instagram is https://www.instagram.com/loganbauer/)
Now that I've been eliminated, we know our romance didn't play out on the show.
Logan and I realize that lots of fans are curious about our relationship and how it all began so we are having fun answering questions on our Youtube channel. Check it out!

‘The Amazing Race’ Season 29 Stars Logan Bauer And Sara Fowler Are Dating - By Lauren Dubois - International Business Times - 03/29/17 -
http://www.ibtimes.com/amazing-race-...dating-2517272

Last edited by LaxBandit; 04-30-17 at 08:52 PM.