Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Rick and Morty - Season 3

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-17, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: Rick and Morty - Season 3

I am also current on this, just have the past 2 episodes to go. Such a great show. Man, I feel like a fool for completely missing this. I think the Purge episode from late last season (9 maybe?) was my favorite. I was laughing throughout the entire thing. It definitely got dark with all the divorce stuff.
Old 08-19-17, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Was the Season 2 blu-ray uncensored? The Meeseeks episode from season 1 seemed completely different uncensored, curious if they did it for S2 as well.
Old 08-20-17, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Yeah, no *bleeps*/edits on the blu or dvds.
Old 08-20-17, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I am also current on this, just have the past 2 episodes to go. Such a great show. Man, I feel like a fool for completely missing this. I think the Purge episode from late last season (9 maybe?) was my favorite. I was laughing throughout the entire thing. It definitely got dark with all the divorce stuff.
Only with a show like this could a person talk about an ultra-violent episode featuring class warfare and genocide, but then say the episodes about divorce are dark. I fucking love it.
Old 08-20-17, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't know what they were going for when
Spoiler:
the kid shoots his sister in the head
but that was surpsingly grim. Actually it was all around a pretty strange episode.
Old 08-21-17, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Spoiler:
but that was surpsingly grim. Actually it was all around a pretty strange episode.
The point was that since people were immortal in that restaurant, people could die/kill each other multiple times. But when the device was destroyed, that went away.

This season is dark and it just got darker with what happened to Summer and Beth.
Old 08-21-17, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:
"Surprisingly"? It's pure R&M - they take a conceit, and flush it out to it's most outlandish conclusion. Kinda like how Beth kept mistaking what each thing did on the contraption.

Anyhoo, another great episode, and I think this was the first time I didn't want to kill Jerry.
Old 08-21-17, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

No I know what the plot point was, I meant intended audience reaction. I may just be getting old.
Old 08-21-17, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The dark part for me was how Morty seems to be inching closer and closer to "Evil Morty".
Old 08-21-17, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This may have been my favorite gag in the ep:

Old 08-21-17, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

I haven't really been feeling it with the last couple of episodes. Not sure if I like the entire group's dynamic falling apart like this.
Old 08-21-17, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Everyone wants people they like to be right. That's why popular people are fucking dumb. -Rick Sanchez

Oye.
Old 08-21-17, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Another good gag from last episode (sorry, I don't do animated gifs):

Old 08-22-17, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slop101
This may have been my favorite gag in the ep:

That had me rolling.

This season has been great.
Old 08-22-17, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Also: how doesn't censorship work on Cartoon Network? Because the pirated episodes I found on Youtube are uncensored. Unless I'm so used to it I fill in my own bad words.
Old 08-22-17, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think the episodes that airs is edited for language. And the episodes that stream on their site are unedited. But I'm not sure.
Old 08-22-17, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Spoiler:
Very grim, but it got a big laugh from me.
Old 08-23-17, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:
I must be a sick son-of-a-Rickch. I thought that was awful ... and hysterical.

Since this was a "Rick and Jerry adventure" they should have replaced Morty in the opening sequence with Jerry.

So, on a dark and serious note, is the potential breakup of Beth and Jerry showing Morty that it is OK for a person to examine his or her life and remove people that aren't "good for them"? That is to say, is Morty going to "divorce" Rick by the end of the season? Between the Vindicators episode and this one, Morty is pretty fed up with all of this.
Old 08-23-17, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
I must be a sick son-of-a-Rickch. I thought that was awful ... and hysterical.

Since this was a "Rick and Jerry adventure" they should have replaced Morty in the opening sequence with Jerry.

So, on a dark and serious note, is the potential breakup of Beth and Jerry showing Morty that it is OK for a person to examine his or her life and remove people that aren't "good for them"? That is to say, is Morty going to "divorce" Rick by the end of the season? Between the Vindicators episode and this one, Morty is pretty fed up with all of this.
Would have liked seeing Jerry in the opening credits, but it was probably more expensive than just adding Mr. Poopy Butthole.

As for Morty "divorcing" Rick, wouldn't that pretty much end the show?
Old 08-23-17, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 08-24-17, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It checks out!

Old 08-27-17, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh my god, yum!
Old 08-28-17, 04:02 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
Would have liked seeing Jerry in the opening credits, but it was probably more expensive than just adding Mr. Poopy Butthole.

As for Morty "divorcing" Rick, wouldn't that pretty much end the show?
It might end the adventures of C137 Rick and Morty, but there are plenty of other Ricks and Mortys we can follow. In fact, there's a strong theory that "Mortynight Run" and "Something Ricked This Way Comes" (and possibly "Vindicators 2") follow a different Rick and Morty than C137 R&M.

It could also be the series arc for season four, Rick and Morty getting along without each other and reconfiguring their dynamic.
Old 08-28-17, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
It might end the adventures of C137 Rick and Morty, but there are plenty of other Ricks and Mortys we can follow....
Theoretically yes, but I don't think fans would accept it. They already did the "reset" joke in Rick Potion #9, and it's the kind of joke you can only do once. The Venture Bros. realized this with the clone plotline.

In fact, there's a strong theory that "Mortynight Run" and "Something Ricked This Way Comes" (and possibly "Vindicators 2") follow a different Rick and Morty than C137 R&M.
I can't find a theory that ties "Mortynight Run" and "Something Ricked This Way Comes", although one tried to tie "Mortynight Run" and “Total Rickall”.
https://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/new...verse-1653599/

As for "Vindicators 2", it was made clear in "Vindicators 3" that the second adventure didn't have any Rick or Morty, since the rest of the team ended up destroying a planet that our Rick says he could've instead easily built a device to locate the shapeshifter. So they didn't have a Rick along, which was the point; Rick was such a jerk during Vindicators 1 that they tried to go it alone.

It could also be the series arc for season four, Rick and Morty getting along without each other and reconfiguring their dynamic.
I think it's more likely they'd try separating and reuniting Rick and Morty than switching to alternate versions.
Old 08-28-17, 05:17 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Theoretically yes, but I don't think fans would accept it. They already did the "reset" joke in Rick Potion #9, and it's the kind of joke you can only do once. The Venture Bros. realized this with the clone plotline.

I can't find a theory that ties "Mortynight Run" and "Something Ricked This Way Comes", although one tried to tie "Mortynight Run" and “Total Rickall”.
https://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/new...verse-1653599/

As for "Vindicators 2", it was made clear in "Vindicators 3" that the second adventure didn't have any Rick or Morty, since the rest of the team ended up destroying a planet that our Rick says he could've instead easily built a device to locate the shapeshifter. So they didn't have a Rick along, which was the point; Rick was such a jerk during Vindicators 1 that they tried to go it alone.

I think it's more likely they'd try separating and reuniting Rick and Morty than switching to alternate versions.
I meant "Total Rickall" and typed a 2 instead of a 3 in the Vindicators title by accident.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.