Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead (S7E16) -- Season Finale -- "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life"

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S7E16) -- Season Finale -- "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life"

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-17, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S7E16) -- Season Finale -- "The First Day of the Rest of Your L

So nobody thought to aim their shots at Negan when was being attacked be Walker-Sasha?

The freak leader of FantasyTown: "Alexandria will not fall... not on this day!!" Even during a battle he has to try and be Shakespearean with some sort of soliloquy. What a ridiculous character he is.

Rick seemed to have miraculously heal as soon as the Tiger first started attacking.

Any yaaay for bikes! Of course they're going to again forget about their existence and usefulness again... just like they keep conveniently forgetting that walker-guts camouflages them from walkers.

Why are they making out Sasha as some sort of martyr? The stupid bitch is the reason why they didn't have enough time to plan a true attack that could've increased their chances and taken out more Saviours.

I guess this Negan/Saviours thing will drag out for at least another half-season.
Old 04-03-17, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S7E16) -- Season Finale -- "The First Day of the Rest of Your L

Could have cut out ALL of the Sasha shit and trimmed 30 minutes without any adverse effect.

Really, not one surprise. More of the same.

What didn't Dwight know? Darryl found the wooden soldier by the gate and it had "Didn't know" written on it. When did Dwight have time to whip out a Sharpie?

Can't wait to see the ratings. Can we fire Gimple yet, please?
Old 04-03-17, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
Why are they making out Sasha as some sort of martyr? The stupid bitch is the reason why they didn't have enough time to plan a true attack that could've increased their chances and taken out more Saviours.
I don't think this is true. The garbage pail kids told Negan the Alexandrians were planning an attack before Sasha even went to the compound to try to kill him. This was their motivation for attacking Alexandria, not Sasha.
Old 04-03-17, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TGM
hate watching out of habit.
You hate watching out of habit? I like watching out of habit.

If I didn't like watching out of habit, I would stop watching out of habit.
Old 04-03-17, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Oh no, we lost a third tier character and a dozen red shirts. Literally only one character with a name died in this enormous battle of all of the principle characters. I also don't get why losing Sasha is a big deal. Too bad she couldn't take Tara and Rosita and all the time we now have to waste with those two characters in season 8 with her.

Anyway, at least something finally happened and it was a decent episode, but it really should have only taken to the mid-season finale to get here.
Old 04-03-17, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Could have cut out ALL of the Sasha shit and trimmed 30 minutes without any adverse effect.

Really, not one surprise. More of the same.

What didn't Dwight know? Darryl found the wooden soldier by the gate and it had "Didn't know" written on it. When did Dwight have time to whip out a Sharpie?

Can't wait to see the ratings. Can we fire Gimple yet, please?
Absolutely terrible episode. Why is anyone listening to Rick. Thank god this season is over.
Old 04-03-17, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

I was hoping that Rick would have just shot Eugene in the head when he was talking.
Old 04-03-17, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I skipped past all the Sasha dream scenes.

Better than many other episodes this season although that does not say much.

I hope they are replacing the current showrunner since he is horrible.

I suspect they will draw out the war for all of the next season.
Old 04-03-17, 07:28 AM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by gcribbs
I skipped past all the Sasha dream scenes.

Better than many other episodes this season although that does not say much.

I hope they are replacing the current showrunner since he is horrible.

I suspect they will draw out the war for all of the next season.
This is correct. With the amount of time they spent on the war in the Comics, anything less than an entire season on the war would be surprising to me.

At least they had me rooting for Walker-Sasha.

Nice Kudlitz cameo, or did they shoot that scene a year ago and had it in the tank for this week?
Old 04-03-17, 07:35 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Walker-Sasha was the only good moment of the episode.
Old 04-03-17, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i have questions

1) daryl saw that toy figure with something written on it. who wrote that?

2) was dwight double crossing them or is he still helping them?
Old 04-03-17, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 248 Likes on 176 Posts

No issue with Negan not getting shot at. If I was in a firefight I'd go for the armed people shooting at me
Old 04-03-17, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

It was dumb, but I laughed at Negan shooting a bird from the passenger seat as bullets struck all around him.
Old 04-03-17, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Oh no, we lost a third tier character and a dozen red shirts. Literally only one character with a name died in this enormous battle of all of the principle characters. I also don't get why losing Sasha is a big deal.
Any time anyone dies on this show they retcon it for a couple episodes and pretend like that character was super fucking important.
Old 04-03-17, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Finisher
Any time anyone dies on this show they retcon it for a couple episodes and pretend like that character was super fucking important.
Not only did Sasha get a dedicated extended exit, but we get some post-death crap with Abraham because of it. Yet Glenn, who was with us since the beginning, got a sudden/surprising death and no post death flashbacks or fantasies other than a quick shot at him at a dinner table the end of that infamous episode.
Old 04-03-17, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by raven56706
i have questions

1) daryl saw that toy figure with something written on it. who wrote that?

2) was dwight double crossing them or is he still helping them?
Dwight carved the figure. I assume he also wrote the message that read, "I didn't know".
Old 04-03-17, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by astrochimp
This to me still felt like nothing happened
This whole season felt like filler..
Oh it was not as bad as the zero budget never leave the farm, -where is carl?- season but it's a close second to me. I.... I never thought I would say this but I think I liked Fear the Walking Dead's last season more. *shame!* ring bell *shame!* ring bell

TWD just re-used the same story and set ups way too many times the season. I mean really think about it, they just looped back over the same gound every other ep. Negan a good bad guy character wise but the camp and his tactics are not that interesting to watch.

4+ eps of someone showing up, talking threats and leaves the outpost. Person in the closet prison, again. Time for another iron burning.

I don't know, we are 7 seasons into the show now and I think we all know series just start to run out of steam.
Old 04-03-17, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Dwight carved the figure. I assume he also wrote the message that read, "I didn't know".
I didn't understand who did it until this thread. It makes sense now.
Of course it's pretty convenient that Daryl was able to spot it.
Old 04-03-17, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i hope next season is last... jesus christ, there needs to be an end
Old 04-03-17, 10:01 AM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by raven56706
i hope next season is last... jesus christ, there needs to be an end
Scott Gimple said 20 seasons is possible.
Old 04-03-17, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by VinVega
Scott Gimple said 20 seasons is possible.
god... i hope my ending that i said "ala I am legend ending" comes true... that would be cool
Old 04-03-17, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Eh, I don't "hate watch" like alot of the posters here seemingly do, but that whole tiger attack was eye roll inducing. The Hilltop and Kingdom crews, comprised of at least a couple dozen people and a tiger sneak into Alexandria (why didn't the Saviors set up a perimeter or have anyone on lookout?), and no one notices until the tiger jumps on one of them a second before Carl is about to get his head smashed? And someone already brought up the point of how does the tiger know who to attack. It's a wild animal, not a trained dog. Pretty silly.

Despite that moment, I've enjoyed it enough to continue with the show. I really hope it doesn't run a dozen or more seasons though.
Old 04-03-17, 10:33 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Maybe they're all already dead and the smoke monster will tell them.
Old 04-03-17, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Technically if the tiger knew who to attack it would have went after Negan. I'm guessing Ezekiel pointed it in that direction.

You could also hear gunshots in the distance during that entire scene, so they most likely fought their way in.
Old 04-03-17, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

So Negan had his chance to catch a tiger by the toe, but he runs away instead?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.