Reload this Page >

Survivor: Game Changers (S34E05) -- "Dirty Deed" -- 3/29/17

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-29-17, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,211 Posts

ONE CASTAWAY SEARCHES FOR AN IMMUNITY IDOL THEY DESPERATELY NEED IN ORDER TO STAY IN THE GAME, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 29

"Dirty Deed" - One castaway searches for an immunity idol they desperately need in order to stay in the game, and another castaway throws their game off balance after they lose their cool, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, March 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"Mana" Tribe "Nuku" Tribe "Tavua" Tribe

Brad Culpepper Aubry Bracco Andrea Boehlke

Sierra Dawn-Thomas Michaela Bradshaw Cirie Fields

Hali Ford Sandra Diaz-Twine Sarah Lacina

Tai Trang James "J.T." Thomas Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth

Debbie Wanner Jeff Varner Troyzan Robertson Zeke Smith

Eliminated Castaways

Ciera Eastin (1st Eliminated)
Tony Vlachos (2nd Eliminated)
Caleb Reynolds (3rd Eliminated)
Malcolm Freburg (4th Eliminated)
Old 03-29-17, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 92 Likes on 63 Posts
Re: Survivor: Game Changers (S34E05) -- "Dirty Deed" -- 3/29/17

Kind of fitting JT goes home without even bringing his idol to tribal. I know you can't steal idols. But does that mean it's just sitting somewhere in camp, and someone can take it now?

Debbie has to be playing an act, right? Either that or she's truly mentally unhinged and actually has an alternative memory of that challenge where she zipped across the balance beam and Haley took forever costing them the victory.
Old 03-29-17, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 151 Likes on 112 Posts

Last season, most of the early boots were women. This season seems to be going the opposite way with almost only men voted out so far.
Old 03-29-17, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee View Post

Debbie has to be playing an act, right? Either that or she's truly mentally unhinged and actually has an alternative memory of that challenge where she zipped across the balance beam and Haley took forever costing them the victory.
It appears she suffers from Trumpitis.
Old 03-29-17, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe she forgot that you had to balance the ball too while on the beam.
Old 03-29-17, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Those beams were YUGE,believe you me Debbie could walk across them in 30 seconds flat if they didn't rig the sctructure against her. No one is as quick and balanced as Debbie,she is so balanced you would get tired of it after a while if you knew her.
Old 03-30-17, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 99 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by windom View Post
Last season, most of the early boots were women. This season seems to be going the opposite way with almost only men voted out so far.
Old 03-30-17, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Debbie is a legit delusional crazy person but they must've edited things to make it look like Hali breezed while Debbie took forever (i.e. don't show Hali struggling and only show Debbie struggling). Having said that, she lied about Culpepper assigning tasks and pretty much everything out of her mouth is insane so .. yeah.

Is there some reason Michaela couldn't make her own fucking coffee? That bitch gets on my nerves.
Old 03-30-17, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are few of these people left who don't get on my nerves, and probably half of those "few" are because they aren't getting much/any screen time.

I really hate the preview for next episode though. These tribes keep voting out the men, but then get shuffled rather than having to face the consequences. I very much wanted to see a tribe of Aubry, Michaela, Sandra and Varner in some real physical comps. Sandra vs. Ozzy vs. Brad, that sort of a thing.
Old 03-30-17, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Even if the voting was based on challenge strength a man would have gone because Jeff is their worst challenge player as Jeff/Sandra are both physically not strong but she helped her team win puzzle challenges before. Ironically as well half the guys are gone mostly because of 1 person( JT) . If he played his idol last night Michaela would have gone and if he had not told Culpepper where his tribe was voting the week before Sierra would have left over Malcomb.
Old 03-30-17, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't watch the previews, but I hope they don't shake things up again (EDIT: Welp... there goes that hope). That tribe should be punished for the choices they make.

And while Debbie might be nuts, I wonder if part of it is her playing the persona Survivor expects. That seems like what happens when folks come back.

Has Sandra basically been to every tribal council but one?
Old 03-31-17, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

OMG... I was yelling at the screen the whole time. That was awesome entertainment.

I thought for a moment Debbie was psychotic (well, I still do, but not as much as I did before) because she kept saying Hali lost them the game and so I went back and saw the RC 2-3 times more and they showed Debbie falling off and Hali nailing it but no one contradicted Debbie either at camp or at the IC strategy session which leads me to believe Survivor edited it to make it believe it was Debbie who took 10 minutes and Hali who nailed it when in fact it was the opposite.

But when Debbie said "Oh yeah don't send the gymnast in" while Hali fell during the IC I was yelling at the screen shut up OMG you're an idiot!!!

JT is an idiot too for not playing the II. So now it's hidden in his stash for someone to find? If I were one of those four I'd go through his things as soon as we got back and no one was looking!!

Would Aubry face repercussions for voting for Michaela?

Why would The Queen fess up to the sugar? And Michaela didn't seem bothered to be set up!!
Old 03-31-17, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully it's clear now that Debbie is one of the worst people to ever get cast on Survivor. Can't believe there are people ever supported her.

If I remember correctly, I seem to be totally surprised that JT won his prior season. Makes clueless mistake after clueless mistake.

I don't think they have ever had a player find an idol that was left behind. As much as I would love to see that happen for the firs time, it's just as enjoyable as the remaining players get paranoid about the idol that seems to be out there, but never gets played.
Old 03-31-17, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Would Aubry face repercussions for voting for Michaela?
It just looks like went with the marching orders "Queen Sandra" doled out at camp. I don't think she'll face any repercussions other than being at the bottom of the pack.

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
Hopefully it's clear now that Debbie is one of the worst people to ever get cast on Survivor. Can't believe there are people ever supported her.
While I wouldn't say I am a Debbie "supporter", I do miss the facetious job titles they gave her in Kah Rōng. "Olympic Gymnast" would have been nice to see this episode.
Old 03-31-17, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fanboy View Post
While I wouldn't say I am a Debbie "supporter", I do miss the facetious job titles they gave her in Kah Rōng. "Olympic Gymnast" would have been nice to see this episode.
They don't get mentioned much so I always wondered how many people noticed.
Old 03-31-17, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 466 Likes on 387 Posts

I forgot she had those during her season. Those were hilarious.
Old 03-31-17, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 174 Likes on 129 Posts

Debbie has always been a psycho and this episode highlighted it.

J.T. has always been an idiot and this episode highlighted it.

And as much as I hate to admit it, this episode highlighted Sandra's ability to run things.

By the way, a to Culpepper for how he responded to Debbie's rants. He seemed to remain calm throughout even when she was bragging about herself during the challenge.

Also, is it possible that they could show someone look for an idol/clue unsuccessfully? It seems like every time someone sits around thinking they need an idol, they simply go out and get it.
Old 04-01-17, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
By the way, a to Culpepper for how he responded to Debbie's rants. He seemed to remain calm throughout even when she was bragging about herself during the challenge.
DID YOU NOTICE I WAS THE FIRST PERSON OVER!!! was hilarious and she kept repeating it. Culpepper handled her like a pro and it made her insane ranting funnier because his calm diplomatic demeanor contradicted everything she was saying.
Old 04-01-17, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 208 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
Also, is it possible that they could show someone look for an idol/clue unsuccessfully? It seems like every time someone sits around thinking they need an idol, they simply go out and get it.
I am sure there is a ton of idol searching footage that we never see but they do edit it that way.