Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Legion (S1E08) -- Season Finale -- "Chapter 8" -- 3/29/17

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-17, 06:53 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Legion (S1E08) -- Season Finale -- "Chapter 8" -- 3/29/17

Season Finale - "Chapter 8" (Airs March 29, 10:00 pm e/p) - David faces his biggest challenge yet. Written by Noah Hawley; directed by Michael Uppendahl.
Renewed for a Second Season.

I read there was a scene either during or after the credits, so stick through it.

Last edited by dex14; 03-29-17 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-29-17, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Legion (S1E08) -- Season Finale -- "Chapter 8" -- 3/29/17

"Written by Noah Hawley; directed by Michael Uppendahl."

Old 03-29-17, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

I still think last week could have been the finale. Because of that, I am excited that much more for tonight. How often do we get a season finale (knowing there is a season 2) that we have no idea what to expect?

Old 03-29-17, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Dug the finale, although I'm not sure I understand the danger now that
Spoiler:
Farouk? is in Oliver. I don't recall what abilities Oliver had, but now that the parasite isn't in a mutant of David's power, you'd think he wouldn't be as much of a threat.

I'll tune in next season.
Old 03-30-17, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

I thought Oliver had similar powers, hence his abilities to create and contain in the Astral World.

Loved it! Definitely in for next year. Can't wait for Season 1 to come out on BluRay.

It took me a while to figure out what it was, but now that I have ... I find it amusing the MRI machine is still sitting outside.

Anybody have any thoughts on the Pokeball? I'm assuming it is taking David to D3. That or they had been searching all over for a Davichu.

Got a kick out of "What the f---(whoosh)".
Old 03-30-17, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't think the government has that level of tech, if they did they would have used it earlier. I'm thinking they probably wont do aliens or time travel so it must be someone on a Dr Doom level of tech. I doubt they would use Doom.

If they did go with aliens this did look like a attack MoJo would do for his tv show. I'm pretty sure he did this exact thing to kidnap players for his show.

Probably a all new creation just for the show. Maybe a tech mutant, a evil Forge but even smarter.
Old 03-30-17, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I don't think the government has that level of tech, if they did they would have used it earlier. I'm thinking they probably wont do aliens or time travel so it must be someone on a Dr Doom level of tech. I doubt they would use Doom.

If they did go with aliens this did look like a attack MoJo would do for his tv show. I'm pretty sure he did this exact thing to kidnap players for his show.

Probably a all new creation just for the show. Maybe a tech mutant, a evil Forge but even smarter.
Yeah, that's my guess as well. Some sort of Tech Mutant. Don't necessarily think it is a bad guy either, maybe someone who knows about David from his past. I thought at first, it could be an X-Men character, but I don't know if they'd start introducing that right now and Hawley has stated that he isn't in a rush to introduce Professor X.
Old 03-30-17, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

That orb thing - wasn't that what the guys in the room refereed to as "Equinox?" I thought that's what I heard the guy in charge say -- "send the Equinox."

I do like Shadow King's power of transference -- that was neat and now Oliver looks very much like Amahl Farouk's human form.
Old 03-30-17, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
That orb thing - wasn't that what the guys in the room refereed to as "Equinox?" I thought that's what I heard the guy in charge say -- "send the Equinox."
That's how I interpreted it.
Old 03-31-17, 12:39 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Didn't Oliver say something in the spectral plane about he and David having similar powers, except David was stronger?

I also got the impression the hoverball was "Equinox", whatever that is. Being that the government already had mutants on their payroll, this could just be one more.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Terranc...on_(Earth-616)

This is the Marvel U version of Equinox.
Old 03-31-17, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I need to watch the whole season again to pick up stuff I missed. It's great that the show is so subtle but aggravating too. Some thoughts on the finale:

Spoiler:
Great opening showing the other side's perspective for a change. I liked how the graphic patterns on the end credits were those of the machine that the interrogator was hooked to at the start of the episode.

Oliver's whispering "Melanie" just before being taken over by Farouk.

Interesting that it seems the show will keep the same villain for next season. At least I hope so, because I like Oliver Bird and hope he returns to his regular self.
Old 03-31-17, 12:58 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

For anyone who didn't sit through the credits:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M-GNnmOsyzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also:

<iframe width="656" height="359" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RNwxsXlr-og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-31-17, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I haven't paid attention to the name but Legion's underscore has been fantastically distinctive for serialized television. It's one of the best composing efforts on television in years.
Old 03-31-17, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

no idea what went on for most of the season, but I liked it a lot...
Old 04-01-17, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Eric F
Didn't Oliver say something in the spectral plane about he and David having similar powers, except David was stronger?

I also got the impression the hoverball was "Equinox", whatever that is. Being that the government already had mutants on their payroll, this could just be one more.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Terranc...on_(Earth-616)

This is the Marvel U version of Equinox.

We also saw that Farouk has his own powers that he was able to use after body jumps. Which means that Oliver is that much more powerful now. It also makes me wonder how powerful David actually is. Was the stuff we saw him doing earlier just his powers or a combination of he and Farouk's powers?
Old 04-01-17, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Thrush
We also saw that Farouk has his own powers that he was able to use after body jumps. Which means that Oliver is that much more powerful now. It also makes me wonder how powerful David actually is. Was the stuff we saw him doing earlier just his powers or a combination of he and Farouk's powers?

David is much more powerful. I'm sure they'll expand on those powers he didn't use in season 1.
Old 04-02-17, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 553 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
We also saw that Farouk has his own powers that he was able to use after body jumps.
Like what? The only powers I saw him use were the one's of the person he entered.

Edit: Whoops. Forgot about the psychic gunshot!

Last edited by The Questyen; 04-02-17 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-03-17, 09:48 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I do like Shadow King's power of transference -- that was neat and now Oliver looks very much like Amahl Farouk's human form.
you mean how he moved from one body to the next? That did not appear to be his power:

1) Moved from David to Sydney - Result of Sydney's "switch" power
2) Moved from Sydney to Kerry - Result of Sydney's "switch" power
3) Moved from Kerry to Oliver - Result of David overpowering Kerry and "knocking" Shadow King out of Kerry. Next nearest host was Oliver.

I could definitely be wrong, it's been a while since I've read any Shadow King stuff, and whether he can just change hosts at will.
Old 04-03-17, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought it was pretty clear that one of the shadow king's main abilities is moving between people. How els would he have gotten into David in the first place. We see in the chalkboard that he steps out of a toy and into David. To me that looked like he entered David without any help from another mutant.
Old 04-03-17, 11:05 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

The Shadow King did seem to have powers of his own when he was fighting David in Kerry's body. As far as I could tell, Kerry exhibited no "powers" of her own other than able to "fight good" (besides the fact she and Carry were one person).
Old 04-03-17, 12:15 PM

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Anybody have any thoughts on the Pokeball? I'm assuming it is taking David to D3. That or they had been searching all over for a Davichu.

Got a kick out of "What the f---(whoosh)".
I was scratching my head at what you were talking about until I went back and watched the post-credit scene. Pretty important development that a lot of people probably missed.

I love the tower of SWAT guys David created. Wonder if those guys are still stuck there. Would suck to be the guys at the bottom.
Old 04-03-17, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
you mean how he moved from one body to the next? That did not appear to be his power:

1) Moved from David to Sydney - Result of Sydney's "switch" power
2) Moved from Sydney to Kerry - Result of Sydney's "switch" power
3) Moved from Kerry to Oliver - Result of David overpowering Kerry and "knocking" Shadow King out of Kerry. Next nearest host was Oliver.

I could definitely be wrong, it's been a while since I've read any Shadow King stuff, and whether he can just change hosts at will.

I probably glossed over it, but it reminded me of Elias Koteas doing that in that flick Fallen, with Denzel Washington.
Old 04-03-17, 07:06 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I thought it was pretty clear that one of the shadow king's main abilities is moving between people. How els would he have gotten into David in the first place. We see in the chalkboard that he steps out of a toy and into David. To me that looked like he entered David without any help from another mutant.
I took that as him being defeated by professor X, and he moved around hostless until he found David. But just my interpretation.
Old 04-04-17, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Questyen
Like what? The only powers I saw him use were the one's of the person he entered.

Edit: Whoops. Forgot about the psychic gunshot!
He also hurled scarface down the hall with just his psychic powers while inside Kerry. And projected an energy barrier around himself when he ran at David. Neither of those are abilities that Kerry possesses.
Old 04-05-17, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I saw most of the X-Men movies, but I've never read any of the comic books, and I don't follow all the various plotlines. So I went into this series totally blind, other than having read somewhere that the lead is the Professor's son, and knowing it was produced by Noah Hawley (I love his version of 'Fargo').

I have to say, I really liked it. I didn't try to follow the story too closely or try to "figure it out", I just went along for the ride. But the visuals (and audio!) are fantastic for TV, and the performances are pretty decent (Aubrey Plaza is the great, the others are good enough).

Looking forward to Season 2!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.