DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   24: Legacy (S1E09) -- "8:00pm to 9:00pm" -- 3/27/17 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/639505-24-legacy-s1e09-8-00pm-9-00pm-3-27-17-a.html)

DJariya 03-27-17 05:12 PM

24: Legacy (S1E09) -- "8:00pm to 9:00pm" -- 3/27/17

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-co...gacy-109-9.jpg

CARTER AND CTU FACE AN INTENSE SITUATION ON AN ALL-NEW "24: LEGACY" MONDAY, MARCH 27, ON FOX

A threat forces CTU to go on lockdown. Meanwhile, Carter finds himself in a tense situation and Donovan reaches out to Rebecca when he faces a big decision in his campaign in the all-new "8:00 PM-9:00 PM" episode of 24: LEGACY airing Monday, March 27 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TFL-109) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Corey Hawkins as Eric Carter; Miranda Otto as Rebecca Ingram; Jimmy Smits as Senator John Donovan; Teddy Sears as Keith Mullins; Dan Bucatinsky as Andy Shalowitz; Anna Diop as Nicole Carter; Ashley Thomas as Isaac Carter; Charlie Hofheimer as Ben Grimes; Coral Pena as Mariana Stiles; Sheila Vand as Nilaa; Raphael Acloque as Jadalla Bin Khalid; Gerald McRaney as Henry Donovan

Guest Cast: Bailey Chase as Thomas Locke, Moran Atias as Sidra, Oded Fehras as Naseri

Episode 9 of 12

DJariya 03-27-17 05:28 PM

Re: 24: Legacy (S1E09) -- "8:00pm to 9:00pm" -- 3/27/17

http://www.24spoilers.com/2017/03/26...meida-answers/

I know no one here is going to watch this because this video interview is 13 minutes long.

But, Carlos Bernard was interviewed by Mario Lopez and he talks about the show and says answers are coming with Tony like how he got out of prison and who broke him out.

There is a transcript of the interview in the link if you want to glance it over.

He also mentioned that Manny Coto originally pitched a 10th season with Kiefer, but things got sidetracked to the spinoff instead.

MLBFan24 03-27-17 11:28 PM

Pretty good episode. Was hating it at first, but last 15 minutes was intense thanks to Sean Callery's music.

Still don't understand how Naseri knew to kidnap Jennifer Marshall way before Jadalla was in custody. Maybe had a plan B (extort someone at CTU) just in case he needed it?

Interested to learn more about Naseri.

DJariya 03-28-17 01:35 AM

The last 15 minutes with the breakout and the kidnapping of Donovan was decent.

:lol: but why the hell was Eric just sitting there in that basement at the end as the hour winded down?

Yeah I didn't get the connection either. How the hell did Naseri know about that CTU guard's girlfriend? And who the hell was the lady who strapped her in the bomb? That felt like a plot hole.

3 episodes in and Tony hasn't done anything. Although the preview seemed to hint he will be significant next week.

Hated the Nicole/Isaac part in this episode. She's being a fucking whiny bitch after Eric just saved her. And she knows there's a fucking psycho terrorist out there who wants to kill many Americans, but she's making this all about her.

It's been watchable, but this has not been a good season of 24. It might be worst than season 6. Pretty disappointing after Coto and Katz did a pretty good job with Live Another Day. I really don't have any clue how the hell they would do another season with Eric Carter as a lead character if that's even remotely in the cards. Nicole found that letter from Rebecca wanting to recruit him as a CTU agent.

MLBFan24 03-28-17 08:33 AM

I don't read 24 articles or fan sites on the internet, due to spoilers, but I thought of something this morning...

What if 24 Legacy takes place in-between the old seasons, and not after Live Another Day? If I recall, we haven't seen the President this season and they have yet to explain Tony's prison escape. Apparently he's a free man.

What if Legacy takes place between Day 6 and Day 7? That would seem like the right timeline based on Tony's storyline from past seasons.

Everything else about this season seems self contained, other than the Edgar Stiles name drop.

dex14 03-28-17 08:43 AM

Doubtful.

They mentioned the Starkwood incident this season, which took place during Season 7.

They are supposed to explain Tony being out of prison.

MLBFan24 03-28-17 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13041445)
Doubtful.

They mentioned the Starkwood incident this season, which took place during Season 7.

They are supposed to explain Tony being out of prison.

Ah yes, they did mention Starkwood. Forgot about that.

I might have to rewatch the scene where they mention Starkwood / Gabriel, if it's still on demand.

Edit - Carter did mention that "Starkwood went under" in the 3pm-4pm episode, so there goes my theory haha

randian 03-29-17 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13041357)
How the hell did Naseri know about that CTU guard's girlfriend?

Not just that. Why would anybody obey a "don't tell anybody about this" command? How would the extortionist on the other end of the line know if you did?

MikahC 03-29-17 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by randian (Post 13042460)
Not just that. Why would anybody obey a "don't tell anybody about this" command? How would the extortionist on the other end of the line know if you did?

Look, you're going to need to pay closer attention. Obviously the terrorists opened a socket, bypassed the firewall, and tapped into the CTU internal security feed, which sees and hears everything.

I'm OK with folks pointing out the absurdity of "24" as long as it's done in the same tone of voice one points out it's raining (again) in Seattle*.

*Several major cities in the U.S. actually get more rain than Seattle when measure by either number of days or amount of rainfall, but let's not get sidetracked and just accept that just like calling Chicago "The Windy City" ( as opposed to, say, "A Windy City") when there are other cities that are actually windier, it's often more important for the purposes of social interaction to have a shared understanding than for that understanding to actually be correct.