DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S4E14) -- "The Man Behind the Shield" -- 2/14/17 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/639069-marvels-agents-s-h-i-e-l-d-s4e14-man-behind-shield-2-14-17-a.html)

DJariya 02-14-17 08:33 PM

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S4E14) -- "The Man Behind the Shield" -- 2/14/17

https://s32.postimg.org/uahih913p/SHIELD.jpgimage url

A DEADLY TRAP LURES COULSON IN TO SAVE MACE, ON ABC'S 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.'

"The Man Behind the Shield" - Mace fights for his life while Coulson and team find themselves in a deadly cat-and-mouse game as they attempt his rescue, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso "Mack" MacKenzie and John Hannah as Holden Radcliffe.

Guest starring are Jason O'Mara as Director Jeffrey Mace, Mallory Jansen as Aida 2.0, Maximilian Osinski as Agent Davis, Zach McGowan as The Superior, Frederick Lawrence as guard, Stivi Paskoski as lead SVR agent and Alexander Chemyshev as Russian thug.

"The Man Behind the Shield" was written by Matt Owens and directed by Wendey Stanzler.

Flatlander 02-15-17 10:38 AM

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S4E14) -- "The Man Behind the Shield" -- 2/14/17

Not sure how I feel about the reveal at the end but we shall see what they do with it. Also, Mack is just annoying with all his whining about Inhumans and tech. Hello! you work with shield and yet you complain about everything they are working on.

DJariya 02-15-17 08:35 PM

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S4E14) -- "The Man Behind the Shield" -- 2/14/17

The LMD swap at the end caught me by surprise.

I kind of liked the Coulson and May backstory on their first mission. We knew they had a past since the first season, but the show has never gone into it.

fujishig 02-16-17 12:42 AM

That was such a horrible episode until the twist, and they should have dragged it out a bit longer instead of showing the next episode spoilers. Oh well maybe there's a second twist with Fitz since I have no idea how or why they'd have him involved with the pseudo matrix in the first place, or what the time difference in the base would mean.

But the superior was such a dud. I mean it was dumb enough that he thought Coulson was the cause of all this alien stuff instead of, I don't know, some guy whose job is to follow all this alien stuff. Then we find out his backstory, which even Coulson just shrugs off. The whole episode and the flashback seemed pretty pointless. And then he inexplicably takes on Quake hand to hand even though he's hopelessly outclassed by her powers (although there was that weird moment where his blade jumped into her).

randian 02-16-17 01:45 AM

They've basically forgotten Daisy is supposed to be the computer genius, Fitz has that role now.

Jason 02-17-17 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13013159)
The LMD swap at the end caught me by surprise.

I won't be surprised to find out Fitz and Simmons are in the Framework and the others being LMDs is a "storyline" just to keep their minds occupied and distracted.

Deftones 02-17-17 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 13014577)
I won't be surprised to find out Fitz and Simmons are in the Framework and the others being LMDs is a "storyline" just to keep their minds occupied and distracted.

I thought of something similar when she kept taking about the time gap.

Original Desmond 02-18-17 05:33 PM

not liking all these robot clones

Getting a bit unncessary

hdnmickey 02-18-17 05:54 PM

I liked the May twist, but this could quickly get ridiculous. Hopefully the pay off of this multiple replacement twist is worth dealing with the unbelievable aspect.

Unclejosh 02-19-17 05:28 AM

What was the twist? My recording missed the very end?

DJariya 02-19-17 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Unclejosh (Post 13015292)
What was the twist? My recording missed the very end?

Fitz and Simmons figured out that Daisy, Coulson, Mack, and Mace were all LMDs. Especially after a loss of time that they couldn't account for.