Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24: Legacy (S1E03) -- "2:00pm to 3:00pm" -- 2/13/17

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-17, 08:55 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Re: 24: Legacy (S1E03) -- "2:00pm to 3:00pm" -- 2/13/17

In Season One he threatened to make a guy swallow and digest a towel then rip out his stomach lining.
Old 02-21-17, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandoman
The thing I loved about 24 was that Jack Bauer was a badass, trained spy and that he would do ANYTHING to prevent the terrorists from accomplishing their goals. Carter is a trained soldier, but not a spy, and he doesn't have the same experience and motivation as Bauer did. There's no "get me a hacksaw" moment, no "holy shit I can't believe he did that to that bad guy!" reaction. It's an ok action series, but it's not the 24 I loved.
Over the years, 24 had a few characters that I thought could easily make good leads.

Remember Chase, the young guy they brought on? He was about as good as Jack, but ended up losing a hand or something.

Then Cherry Jones was on and could have taken a lead position.

And of course, Tony could have done it.

I don't mind this lead, but he's not quite as compelling yet as any of those I just mentioned. But I'll give him time.
Old 02-21-17, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Over the years, 24 had a few characters that I thought could easily make good leads.

Remember Chase, the young guy they brought on? He was about as good as Jack, but ended up losing a hand or something.

Then Cherry Jones was on and could have taken a lead position.

Huh? Cherry Jones? President Allison Taylor in season 8?

Are you sure you'e not thinking about:

Yvonne Strahovski (Kate Morgan from season 9)??
Old 02-21-17, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jack was already a seasoned CTU agent when we start Season 1 of "24". The guy we're watching now isn't even a part of CTU (yet). I cut some slack there.

For me, there are minor problems with the show, but there always have been. The only thing that really concerns me is I'm not sure the lead can really act the role. For instance, he has lost just about his whole team and his wife was under threat. The words he's saying conveys how devastating that is, but I'm not seeing it in his eyes. I'm not seeing a guy who is ready to do whatever it takes because if he doesn't, he'll lose a lot more (hundreds or thousands of lives). Jack/Kiefer wore his loss and it affected his demeanor and decisions. I'm not saying the lead's a bad actor or anything, but not everyone can convey that type of thing well.

It's hard not to look back at Kiefer's portrayal of Jack and come away thinking that was pretty much spot on casting. That wasn't obvious initially because Kiefer isn't exactly physically intimidating (or at least he wasn't before we got the image of Jack Bauer in our heads).
Old 02-22-17, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

Huh? Cherry Jones? President Allison Taylor in season 8?

Are you sure you'e not thinking about:

Yvonne Strahovski (Kate Morgan from season 9)??
This was the move, go with Strahovski, although I have to admit, I have no idea what happened to her character...