DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Flash (S3E12) -- "Untouchable" -- 2/7/17 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/638994-flash-s3e12-untouchable-2-7-17-a.html)

DJariya 02-07-17 04:27 PM

The Flash (S3E12) -- "Untouchable" -- 2/7/17

http://cdn1-www.comingsoon.net/asset...312b_0024b.jpg

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7

THE FLASH

"Untouchable" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

THE TOUCH OF DEATH - Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team at S.T.A.R. Labs work together to bring down Clive Yorkin (guest star Matthew Kevin Anderson), a criminal meta-human who is methodically killing people by causing them to decompose at an accelerated rate. Joe (Jesse L. Martin) becomes his next target but it's Iris (Candice Patton) who is caught in the crossfire. The Flash mentors Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale) and begins to elevate the newer speedster's training to another level. Rob Hardy directed the episode written by Brooke Roberts & Judalina Neira (312). Original airdate 2/7/2017.

Episode 12 of 23

DJariya 02-08-17 01:35 AM

Re: The Flash (S3E12) -- "Untouchable" -- 2/7/17

Fun episode. Nothing much to really talk about. The decomposing power from Yorkin was kind of cool. Pretty much a villain of the week episode.

The ending was interesting with Jessie Quick coming back and saying that Earth-2 Wells was in trouble. Plus, Grodd is coming back. :thumbsup:

Hokeyboy 02-08-17 06:02 AM

The return of Grodd = :up:

Vibrating the train = :up: :up: :up:

Really good episode. The reveal of victims from Flashpoint was pretty cool, as was the chain of causality that leads to Iris's death still unfurling.

dex14 02-08-17 07:16 AM

I'll be damned if "Run, Wally, run" didn't make me crack a smile.

Next week looks like a cool departure from the main narrative type episode.

TGM 02-08-17 07:45 AM

wouldn't it have been easier to vibrate the rubble pile?

Kid Flash is dumb. It's THE FLASH NOT THE FLASHES FFS.

jk, but his character is annoying and pointless.

Deftones 02-08-17 08:11 AM

Nitpick: the villain could disintegrate anything but he was seen holding a coffee cup...

The vibrating train thing was badass

hdnmickey 02-08-17 11:29 AM

Vibrate a whole train and everybody inside? That seemed kind of ridiculous even for a super hero show. The debris pile would have indeed made more sense.

So glad we are getting a significant villain like Grodd back again. Too many lame villains. They didn't even bother to give the last one a catchy name.

Hokeyboy 02-08-17 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13007939)
Nitpick: the villain could disintegrate anything but he was seen holding a coffee cup...

Why wouldn't his powers be consciously activated? Everyone else's are. It's not like Barry Allen moves at super-speed all the time. Caitlyn isn't frosting everything in site, etc.

robin2099 02-08-17 12:46 PM

I'm starting to come around on Julian. He's probably got the most character development this season and I think he's a good addition. Liking the pairing of him and Caitlin also. Vibrating the train was cool. Glad we get a two part episode with Grodd because I love me some Grodd.

PhantomStranger 02-08-17 02:11 PM

I actually thought that was a great moment when Barry vibrates the entire train. The episode showed that Wally is nearly as fast as Barry but when push comes to shove, it's Barry's quick decision-making and drive that makes him the better superhero. Of all the superhero shows on TV, the Flash writers understand the necessary character beats that best exemplify what makes superheroes different than other entertainment.

I wish they had consulted someone with a little deeper knowledge of Flash comics before running with the episode's plot details. Barry is supposed to be the only speedster that can vibrate through things. Wally always kept trying it and could never get it down. When Wally vibrated through stuff, it would end up exploding. Which is a neat trick in itself, but not the same thing.

I loved that scene with Joe at the coffee shop, with his girlfriend's daughter asking him which hero he prefers with Barry and Wally right there.

Jackskeleton 02-08-17 03:39 PM

I dunno, something about that coffee scene just got me all grossed out. So a potential half sibling if the relationship goes well is into another half sibling romance? Yeah, come on, Flash, stop walking that GoT potential incest love angles.

Xiroteus 02-08-17 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 13008134)
Vibrate a whole train and everybody inside? That seemed kind of ridiculous even for a super hero show. The debris pile would have indeed made more sense.

Yeah, I had an issue with that as well. Normally when he does that it would make things unstable and explode. It's not like a phasing power it's vibrating things really fast which would likely kill everyone. I can do comic book powers really well yet even I need things to make a LITTLE since here and there. Like Berry phasing himself is fine.

hdnmickey 02-08-17 07:56 PM

Yes, I have no problem with Barry phasic himself, or even just him and the train. But all the passengers as well? Come on. Just seemed like a convenient out.

It was much more believable when Wally figured it out. Getting the hang of things under stress just in the nick or time is very cliché, but it works.

Michael Corvin 02-08-17 08:57 PM

Loved it. I didn't mind the train thing one bit. That was bad ass. For those that thought he should phase the rubble, how would that work? Wouldn't each individual rock have to be phased?

I wasn't aware of Kid Flash's inability to phase. I'm still under the assumption Barry's going to reset the timeline somehow which will erase stuff like this anyway.

And Grodd next week?
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-conten.../fuck_yeah.gif

Xiroteus 02-08-17 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 13008563)
Loved it. I didn't mind the train thing one bit. That was bad ass. For those that thought he should phase the rubble, how would that work? Wouldn't each individual rock have to be phased?

I wasn't aware of Kid Flash's inability to phase. I'm still under the assumption Barry's going to reset the timeline somehow which will erase stuff like this anyway.

And Grodd next week?
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-conten.../fuck_yeah.gif

Or vibrate the rubble until it was smaller. Not sure if there was enough time for that as their perception of time makes everything slower so vibrating the rubble would still take however long it would take in real time. Maybe it would all be so close it would just explode. The show is just changing how things work a bit.

hdnmickey 02-08-17 11:14 PM

Questioning if he could vibe each individual, stationary, non-living rock but not each person on the train? :lol:

Even in comic book world things should make sense in order to be bad ass. :shrug:

will travel 02-09-17 12:26 AM

I love the train bit, so cool.

Since it's Valentine's Day next Tuesday, FLASH is off for a week and will return the 21st.

stingermck 02-09-17 07:13 AM

While the train was cool, he can phase all that, but isnt fast enough to stop Savitar in a few months? :lol:

But Grodd!

Lifepawn 02-09-17 11:41 AM

Was surprised non-speedsters were able to be sped up that much on the train. I guess I always thought Barry's phasing speed would kill a regular person.

Giantrobo 02-09-17 12:32 PM

-Someone was cutting onions in my house when they told Joe West about Iris' future.
-That last scene with Jesse was a "Oh Hellz Yeah!" moment.
-I like Julian :up:
-Do any of the women in the Arrow/Flash Verse wear comfortable shoes and clothing to the lab/Arrow hideout?? Why heels and club dresses all the time?

Giantrobo 02-09-17 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lifepawn (Post 13008913)
Was surprised non-speedsters were able to be sped up that much on the train. I guess I always thought Barry's phasing speed would kill a regular person.

It's within cannon. Speedsters can transfer and take kinetic energy so it makes sense.

Draven 02-09-17 12:37 PM

I never read The Flash comics, but that train bit seems like something straight out of a comic book. No problems with that.

I too am enjoying Julian now that he's part of the team. I mentioned to my wife that it was nice for Tom Felton to get a more sympathetic and heroic role than Draco Malfoy.

Jackskeleton 02-09-17 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by will travel (Post 13008676)
I love the train bit, so cool.

Since it's Valentine's Day next Tuesday, FLASH is off for a week and will return the 21st.

Talk about adding insult to injury. Not only is it valentine's day, the typical comic fan's loneliest day, but then there's no new episode of Flash to watch?

Too cruel, CW. too cruel.

Eric F 02-09-17 01:29 PM

So Cisco can "vibe" any possible timeline? That opens up a lot of possibilities...

hdnmickey 02-09-17 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 13009014)
So Cisco can "vibe" any possible timeline? That opens up a lot of possibilities...

Seemed to be possible only because Barry was there. If so, its limited to where/when people have been.

But apparently there are no limits to what the Flash can do. ;)