DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Santa Clarita Diet (Netflix) -- Series Thread -- S: Barrymore, Olyphant (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/638944-santa-clarita-diet-netflix-series-thread-s-barrymore-olyphant.html)

dex14 02-02-17 07:46 AM

Santa Clarita Diet (Netflix) -- Series Thread -- S: Barrymore, Olyphant

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-con...-1-600x889.jpghttp://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-con...-2-600x889.jpg

In Santa Clarita Diet, Joel (Timothy Olyphant, Justified) and Sheila (Drew Barrymore, Blended) are husband and wife realtors leading vaguely discontented lives in the L.A. suburb of Santa Clarita with their teenaged daughter Abby (Liv Hewson), until Sheila goes through a dramatic change sending their lives down a road of death and destruction...but in a good way. Santa Clarita Diet stars Drew Barrymore as Sheila Hammond, Timothy Olyphant as Joel Hammond, Liv Hewson as Abby Hammond and Skylar Gisondo as Eric Bemis. Showrunner Victor Fresco, Drew Barrymore, Timothy Olyphant, Aaron Kaplan, Tracy Katsky, Chris Miller and Ember Truesdell are executive producers on the series. Nancy Juvonen is a producer. Santa Clarita Diet is a Netflix production and is available globally ONLY on Netflix on February 3, 2017.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Drew Barrymore as Sheila
· Joy Osmanski as Alondra
· Liv Hewson as Abby
· Mary Elizabeth Ellis as Lisa
· Ricardo Chavira
· Richard T. Jones as Rick
· Skyler Gisondo as Eric
· Timothy Olyphant as Joel

CREW INFORMATION:
· Aaron Kaplan as EP
· Chris Miller as EP
· Drew Barrymore as EP
· Ember Truesdell as EP
· Nancy Juvonen as PROD
· Ruben Fleischer as EP/DIR (Pilot)
· Timothy Olyphant as EP
· Tracy Katsky as EP
· Victor Fresco as CRTR/EP
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xjRnbOgoAUQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="726" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NHqT88vu6Mc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="726" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XDR7lAamYmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10 episode first season.

TomOpus 02-02-17 11:10 AM

re: Santa Clarita Diet (Netflix) -- Series Thread -- S: Barrymore, Olyphant

Looking forward to this tomorrow. Hope it's binge-worthy.

Inhumans99 02-04-17 12:48 AM

Watching episode 8 right now....so far so good. It is a fairly fast binge what with each episode being less than 30 minutes long.

Finished it last night and I look forward to season 2.

flashburn 02-04-17 06:49 AM

This show is fucking hilarious. It's awesome seeing Timothy Olyphant in a completely comedic role. Hopefully it gets picked up for another season.

TomOpus 02-04-17 10:20 AM

Yeah, I binged the whole thing yesterday. It's more comedy than horror but that was pretty apparent from the trailer. I really like the characters. Nice cameos. Good twists. Now I have to wait for S2.

General Zod 02-04-17 10:25 AM

Watched the first 3 episodes last night. Enjoyed it so far.

Since I live here in Santa Clarita there's been a big buzz about this for the last year or so. Looking forward to watching the rest.

Eddie W 02-04-17 11:02 AM

I love that Netflix gives me a steady diet of 4K content for my new TV. This even has Dolby Vision.

Not sure what to make of this so far up to ep 2. I wasn't really expecting the comedy to be so broad.

Groucho 02-04-17 11:04 AM

I liked this show when it was called IZombie.

fiver 02-04-17 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 13005025)
I liked this show when it was called IZombie.

It's a cross between Suburgatory and iZombie - both of which I think are far better. This was ok, but I don't think I'll be back for another season.

RichC2 02-05-17 12:12 AM

I enjoyed it and would keep watching it if it keeps going

mdc3000 02-05-17 11:49 AM

Loved it - great seeing Olyphant having fun and just killing it with his comedic chops. He's easily the best part of the show for me. It is broad and silly but I laughed A LOT. Watched it all in the last two days - thought it was 13 eps though so when episode 10 was over and there weren't any more, I was pissed. Definitely want a second season.

dex14 02-05-17 02:01 PM

I laughed so hard at the "You're a pussy. I once saw you chase an ice cream truck" line.

starseed1981 02-06-17 01:51 PM

About halfway through this one. I'm definitely gonna finish the season but I think I'd describe it as very enjoyable/ fun but instantly forgettable. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

General Zod 02-06-17 09:48 PM

The house is about 4 blocks away. I'll drive by tomorrow and see if Drew is outside gardening or something.

DJariya 02-07-17 01:12 AM

I wasn't planning on watching this right away, but I watched the 1st 2 episodes tonight.

Wow, this was a surprisingly very gory dark comedy. Timothy Olyphant was hilarious.

Drew eating Nathan Fillion alive did make me squirm. :lol: That was a really gory scene. This is definitely an adult comedy.

redrum 02-07-17 01:14 AM

Olyphant owns this show

Barrymore is so bad at acting

thematahara 02-07-17 09:18 AM

Watched first 2 episodes. Love it.

I was a little afraid that the gore would turn off the wife, but surprisingly she loved the show

RichC2 02-07-17 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by redrum (Post 13006971)
Olyphant owns this show

I thought Barrymore was fine on here, though I know some people hate her valley girl-ish line delivery.

Raul3 02-07-17 09:36 AM

We binge watched it over the weekend. It was OK. It could easily be a network show.

Some critics are not too fond of the show, but it worked for me.

TheGuy 02-07-17 09:45 AM

Olyphant owns this show

I do not know if she has a bad complexion or something but she has so much makeup it was very distracting.

Did enjoy the show, will watch S2 and more.

bralph 02-07-17 02:21 PM

I too have watched the first two episodes, and I really like it. I've never seen iZombie, so I can't comment on how much they might have in common. Olyphant is awesome though. He does the comedy really well.

astrochimp 02-07-17 10:24 PM

So I just started on this tonight. I hadnt read anything about the show in advance, but I like Olyphant so I thought I'd give it a go.

What a surprise I had once it got going :lol:

Good stuff so far!

Rob V 02-08-17 06:23 AM

Olyphant owns this show

Olyphant owns everything he's in.... and for that reason, I give everything he does a watch... but not this. This looks awful.. plus, Barrymore - can't stand her.

Navinabob 02-08-17 02:57 PM

This was great. Loved it

Coral 02-10-17 12:08 AM

I blew through the 10 episodes. I enjoyed it - although it feels like it's been done many many times before.

Olyphant was good, but Barrymore's role should've been casted better. She has little variation in her acting - she has the same characteristics in every movie/show... which is probably her playing herself.

I really liked the daughter. The neighbor boy was great as well. I enjoyed watching their scenes more than the parents.