DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Gotham (S3E14) -- Winter Finale -- "The Gentle Art of Making Enemies" -- 1/30/17 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/638901-gotham-s3e14-winter-finale-gentle-art-making-enemies-1-30-17-a.html)

DJariya 01-30-17 12:21 PM

Gotham (S3E14) -- Winter Finale -- "The Gentle Art of Making Enemies" -- 1/30/17

https://s24.postimg.org/6bo30pug5/Gotham.jpgimage upload no ads

TURN THAT FROWN UPSIDE DOWN ON THE ALL-NEW WINTER FINALE OF "GOTHAM" MONDAY, JANUARY 30, ON FOX

With Jerome (guest star Cameron Monaghan) on the loose with one target in mind, Bruce and Alfred's safety is compromised. Meanwhile, Gordon's uncle Frank (guest star James Remar) pays him a visit, and ?Nygma and Penguin are forced to confront their issues face-to-face, with possible deadly consequences in the all-new "Mad City: The Gentle Art of Making Enemies" winter finale episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Jan. 30 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-314) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Morena Baccarin as Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, Jessica Lucas as Tabitha Galavan, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, Maggie Geha as the future Poison Ivy, Michael Chiklis as Detective Nathaniel Barnes, Benedict Samuel as Mad Hatter

Last episode for the next 3 months.

Scheduled to return April 24th.

24: Legacy will take over this timeslot next week.

DJariya 02-01-17 03:13 AM

Re: Gotham (S3E14) -- Winter Finale -- "The Gentle Art of Making Enemies" -- 1/30/17

No way did they just kill off Penguin?

Thought that was a solid winter finale. Lots of mayhem.

This was also probably the 1st time in the 3 years that the show has been on that I'm finally starting to like Bruce. He started showing his future potential here. Enjoyed him beating the shit out of Jerome.

Looking forward to Nygma making the full transformation to the Riddler when the show comes back.

14 episodes in, I think this has been Gotham's strongest season of the 3.

TGM 02-01-17 09:44 AM

Re: Gotham (S3E14) -- Winter Finale -- "The Gentle Art of Making Enemies" -- 1/30/17

no, this is how the penguin now becomes cold and clammy like he always has been.

hdnmickey 02-01-17 07:40 PM

No way Pengy's dead. Same as Fish. Same as Jerome. But like Jerome, the show will eb better for having brought him back. Eventually. But only after they let Nygma go full Riddler.

I been wondering if they were able to tell via his parents that the kid playing Bruce would grow so much is just a few years. As Jerome commented on, the kid is even much bigger than when they last had him and Jerome in the same scene. With some more filling out and training I could buy him as the young Bruce we were expecting all along.

Original Desmond 02-02-17 04:37 AM

100 times better Joker than that abortion Jake from Suicide Squad

rw2516 02-02-17 04:40 PM

When Joker was going to fire cannon at Bruce handcuffed to the pole, reminded me of the cliffhangers from 60s tv show?

Is This Curtains For Young Master Bruce???
Keep Your Faces Stapled On Till Tomorrow!!!

hdnmickey 02-02-17 05:57 PM

The whole setup Nygma created for Penguin sure felt right out of the 60's TV show. Or a Bond villain. Let me put together some complex killing machine and then leave the scene assuming it will be successful. At least Jerome didn't seem like he was going to leave the scene until the cops showed up. :lol:

Eric F 02-06-17 04:26 PM

Eh. Nobody dies on Gotham, and Gordon is still a scumbag.

Who was the Court referencing when they said they had faith in "him"? Was it Bruce? Gordon? Penguin? Someone else?

Groucho 02-06-17 04:36 PM

I thought it was a reference to Clone Bruce.

Eric F 02-07-17 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 13006716)
I thought it was a reference to Clone Bruce.

Clone Bruce hadn't done anything yet. I thought it was referencing someone actively working to curtail the current crisis in Gotham, so it had to be one of those I mentioned. I was leaning towards either Gordon or real Bruce.

hdnmickey 02-07-17 08:41 AM

Seemed like they were hinting at some unseen character than hasn't been shown or talked about yet.

Neil M. 02-07-17 11:11 AM

I'm pretty sure Groucho is right.

raven56706 02-15-17 08:49 AM

finally got around to seeing this...

jerome just brings out the best in the show. glad to see the riddler finally becoming a real bad guy.