TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Frequency (S1E12) -- "Harmonic" -- 1/18/17

Old 01-18-17, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Frequency (S1E12) -- "Harmonic" -- 1/18/17

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18

FREQUENCY

"Harmonic" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

RAIMY AND FRANK CONTINUE THEIR MISSION TO STOP THE NIGHTINGALE KILLER - Raimy (Peyton List) and Frank (Riley Smith) make a huge discovery while continuing their search for the Nightingale. Meanwhile, Stan (Anthony Ruivivar) is willing to do anything to bring Frank down. Mekhi Phifer, Devin Kelley, Daniel Bonjour and Lenny Jacobson also star. Stefan Pleszcynski directed the episode written by Jeannine Renshaw (#112). Original airdate 1/18/2017.

Episode 12 of 13

Next week is the expected series finale.

Such a shame this show didn't make it.
Old 01-18-17, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Frequency (S1E12) -- "Harmonic" -- 1/18/17

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post

Such a shame this show didn't make it.
I really enjoyed the story.

But with television/streaming overload, I'm kind of glad I can cross a show off the seemingly never-ending list.
Old 01-18-17, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
I really enjoyed the story.

But with television/streaming overload, I'm kind of glad I can cross a show off the seemingly never-ending list.
Yup for every show like this and No Tomorrow that gets cancelled, there will be 10 more new shows to replace it.

I liked Frequency, but I know a few months from now I probably won't think about it as something else will occupy my time.
Old 01-19-17, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

On the plus side, Raimy managed to bring back her Mom in 2016. Also looks like she and Daniel are back together.

On the other hand, doesn't look like things are going to be wrapped up nice and tidy. Looks like Deacon Joe has that apprentice who has been stalking Julie.

I have a feeling that next week's finale won't have any kind of closure to this story arc.
Old 01-20-17, 08:41 PM

So was he covering for his son?
Old 01-21-17, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is one of those canceled shows that would have seen a DVD release ten years ago.

I'm guessing that the CW finally gives up on Peyton List fronting a show. They've put her in everything hoping she'd carry a series. She must have very powerful friends high up the executive chain to get so many chances.

I actually wish we'd gotten a second season of The Tomorrow People.
Old 01-22-17, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwb0323 View Post
So was he covering for his son?
Not possible, unless the son has been murdering nurses since he was 9.
Old 01-22-17, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
I'm guessing that the CW finally gives up on Peyton List fronting a show. They've put her in everything hoping she'd carry a series. She must have very powerful friends high up the executive chain to get so many chances.
I don't think the demise of The Tomorrow People or Frequency has anything to do with Peyton List. Blame dumb US audiences and Nielsen (which, I'm told, throws out "outlier" viewing reports, as if non-mainstream viewing habits are not data).

I thought Journeyman was a tremendous series, for example, but it too bit the dust quickly.
Old 01-22-17, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~ View Post
Not possible, unless the son has been murdering nurses since he was 9.
I guess I forgot how long it's been happening. So why does the son have the pics of her mother if nightingale is in jail? Was he taking up the mantle?
Old 01-22-17, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by randian View Post
I don't think the demise of The Tomorrow People or Frequency has anything to do with Peyton List. Blame dumb US audiences and Nielsen (which, I'm told, throws out "outlier" viewing reports, as if non-mainstream viewing habits are not data).
That's not how television executives view it. Lead roles are coveted and most insiders believe a certain actor can make-or-break a series in the ratings. A lack of ratings are often blamed on the chosen leads.

Fair or not, it's very unlikely Peyton is given another leading role on a network series. She's also aging out of the CW's intended demo.
Old 01-22-17, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwb0323 View Post
So why does the son have the pics of her mother if nightingale is in jail? Was he taking up the mantle?
I honestly have no idea where they are going with that. One possibility is that while the son has been on hiding under an alias he still regularly shows up to the cabin in the woods to attend the Nightingale seminars on how to stalk and murder nurses. But even that is a stretch. Either way, they might address this in the final episode and leave it hanging.