The Challenge: Invasion of the Champions (MTV) -- premieres 2/7/17

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Invasion of the Champions (MTV) -- premieres 2/7/17

Old 02-08-17, 12:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: The Challenge: Invasion of the Champions (MTV) -- premieres 2/7/17

Spoiler:
really dont like tony, hate that he won

kinda liked nicole at first but then she started really throwing that accent on, damn
Old 02-08-17, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I like Tony despite his very glaring flaws. Surprising how big he appeared next to every other guy there, they really have a bunch of manlets on this underdog cast.
Old 02-08-17, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I had to look up what a manlet was. I think Tony's just that tall moreso then everyone else being small. Anyway, not a fan of his after the way he's acted on previous shows, but we'll see how true all the stuff he's saying about his kids last the rest of the season.

I was expecting them to get in to the Invasion stuff more, but I guess it's nice that they're giving the competitors plenty of time before springing the twist on them.

Kind of neat that they're not automatically in the fancy house/mansion.
Old 02-08-17, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Anyway, not a fan of his after the way he's acted on previous shows, but we'll see how true all the stuff he's saying about his kids last the rest of the season.
Maybe coming out of the show he can have a third kid with a third different woman. Then next challenge he can be even more humbled by the ever increasing number of broken families he has created.

Needless to say I find him utterly repellent.
Old 02-08-17, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Maybe coming out of the show he can have a third kid with a third different woman. Then next challenge he can be even more humbled by the ever increasing number of broken families he has created.

Needless to say I find him utterly repellent.
Yeah, he's a giant douche. Funny how people on this show act incredulous and get butt hurt when someone is doing something in their best interest to get further in the game. Like that's not the point of the game or anything and like Tony would've have done the same damn thing.

Also like how the clueless newbs have no idea what's in store. It was cute watching some of them trying to act alpha with the power vacuum.

Kailah is pretty hot. Will be interesting to see if she or Cara Maria can do anything against Laurel.
Old 02-08-17, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Speaking of Kailah, she has some very nice pictures out in the interwebs for those so inclined to peruse. She is a Suicide Girl apparently.
Old 02-08-17, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Finisher
Kailah is pretty hot. Will be interesting to see if she or Cara Maria can do anything against Laurel.
Old 02-09-17, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 805 Likes on 594 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Invasion of the Champions (MTV) -- premieres 2/7/17

I had technical difficulties trying to watch the first episode. I tried to record the repeat, but the weather was bad in Nashville and my DVR cut off halfway in. I then tried to watch it on demand and had a bunch of issues. I watched the first hour before I went to work, and tried to watch the second hour when I made it home from work. Usually when you stop an episode halfway though, Comcast on demand will let you continue it, but it made me start it over from the beginning.....

I think they cast the Underdogs poorly. There's not much eye candy except for Jenna and Kaliah. Also, I don't see anyone being much of a threat to the Champions besides Jenna and Cory. Kaliah and Theo also might be a little competition. I don't know if things will get very interesting until they unlease the Champions.

Are you safe from elimination once you have your ticket to the Oasis or can you still be eliminated? They didn't do a good job of explaining that. Maybe they will in the next episode.
Old 02-09-17, 11:26 AM

Received 4,551 Likes on 3,087 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Are you safe from elimination once you have your ticket to the Oasis or can you still be eliminated? They didn't do a good job of explaining that. Maybe they will in the next episode.
That is what it seems to me. The first 8 people to make it to the Oasis are locked in. The rest go home, then those 8 compete against the champs. I think...
Old 02-09-17, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,012 Likes on 837 Posts

Was it just me, or was this thread randomly locked recently with no explanation?
Old 02-09-17, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,058 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
Two hour premiere tonight - 9:00 pm ET - 11:01 pm ET. Also there is a special on CT airing 8:30 pm ET - 9:00 pm ET.
My DVR didn't automatically tape the show so I went back and recorded a rerun but must have missed the CT show.

Anybody here watch it? Was it very interesting? He is one of my long time favorites so I was just curious. That kid of his was pretty dang cute when he grunted to the camera in the regular show.

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
Speaking of Kailah, she has some very nice pictures out in the interwebs for those so inclined to peruse. She is a Suicide Girl apparently.
Thank you kind sir. I had no idea. Tight little body but I am not a fan of the tattoos. Any other Challenge chicks out there on the internets? I sure wish Jenna would pose nude. She always looks fantastic and has a gorgeous face, in my opinion.
Old 02-09-17, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This used to show up on Hulu but no update past last season. This is sad.
Old 02-09-17, 04:37 PM

Received 4,551 Likes on 3,087 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Was it just me, or was this thread randomly locked recently with no explanation?
That was my mistake. I changed the name to add "of the Champions". I did it from my phone and something went wrong.
Old 02-09-17, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,012 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
That was my mistake. I changed the name to add "of the Champions". I did it from my phone and something went wrong.
Thanks! Glad I wasn't crazy, at least this time.
Old 02-09-17, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Navinabob
This used to show up on Hulu but no update past last season. This is sad.
They usually show up after a 4 or 5 week delay. You should be able to watch it with commercials on the mtv app.
Old 02-09-17, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
My DVR didn't automatically tape the show so I went back and recorded a rerun but must have missed the CT show.

Anybody here watch it? Was it very interesting? He is one of my long time favorites so I was just curious. That kid of his was pretty dang cute when he grunted to the camera in the regular show.

Thank you kind sir. I had no idea. Tight little body but I am not a fan of the tattoos. Any other Challenge chicks out there on the internets? I sure wish Jenna would pose nude. She always looks fantastic and has a gorgeous face, in my opinion.
I watched it. It was basically just a recap of all his Challenge moments and they showed his kiddo in it too. It should be on the app or on demand if you want to watch it. They are doing one for Bananas next week.

I agree with you about the tattoos. I'm not a fan. There are only a few women who can pull the tattoo look off for me.
Old 02-23-17, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone catch the last two episodes. The elimination challenges were really well designed. The last one was physically brutal.
Old 02-24-17, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I thought they were pretty good. I am really looking forward to seeing what "Champions" flame out and who does well. Zach is a whiny giant bitch. I know they brought him back to torment Jenna more than anything but he has never impressed me on these shows.

Anyone check out MTV's Survivor ripoff "Stranded with a Million Dollars?" It was pretty interesting and I liked they way they have laid out the rules. I see them likely pulling future Challenge contestants from this show.
Old 02-24-17, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone check out MTV's Survivor ripoff "Stranded with a Million Dollars?" It was pretty interesting and I liked they way they have laid out the rules. I see them likely pulling future Challenge contestants from this show.
I found myself surprisingly entertained by it. I actually think it's a bit unfair to call it a Survivor rip-off. Sure it's part of the wave of survival type shows, but as you said the rules of the game are quite unique among them. I really enjoyed the different (and non PC) strategy a couple of them came up with. Definitely will keep checking it out.
Old 02-24-17, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I thought they were pretty good. I am really looking forward to seeing what "Champions" flame out and who does well. Zach is a whiny giant bitch. I know they brought him back to torment Jenna more than anything but he has never impressed me on these shows.
I'll never forget when Zach cried during the Free Agents Final. He almost kept Laurel from Winning.
Old 02-24-17, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I'll never forget when Zach cried during the Free Agents Final. He almost kept Laurel from Winning.
Yeah. That was hilarious.

And didn't he just quit on one of the shows? I have seen so many that I tend to get them all mixed up.
Old 02-24-17, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Zach for all his athletic gifts is really a big pussy when pushed. He has no heart and would be the champion I would least fear out of the 4 returning.
Old 02-24-17, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Zach reminds me of Big Easy. Every time they come on the show they tell us how they've done new training and this time will be different... then they suck. Of course, there's an obvious difference between the two.

I know that they idea was that the wanted the Champs to look physically imposing but it would have been better if they replaced Zach with Frank or Jordan.

Last edited by Goat3001; 02-24-17 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-24-17, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I know that they idea was that the wanted the Champs to look physically imposing but it would have been better if they replaced Zach with Frank or Jordan.
Or Kenny.

Or especially Mark. I always loved that guy.

Hell, I would have even welcomed Wes back over Zac...but you know...Jenna.

Last edited by Spiderbite; 02-24-17 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-24-17, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Or Kenny.
Yeah...Kenny coming back will never happen.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.