Reload this Page >

Trollhunters (Netflix) - Animated series from Guillermo del Toro - 12/23/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-23-16, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

From the limitless imagination of master storyteller Guillermo Del Toro comes a tale of two worlds set to collide in the epic saga DreamWorks' Trollhunters. When ordinary teenager Jim Lake Jr. stumbles upon a mystical amulet on his way to school one morning, he inadvertently discovers an extraordinary secret civilization of mighty trolls beneath his small town of Arcadia. Strong-willed and seeking adventure but wholly unprepared for the responsibilities thrust upon him, Jim is forced to take on the exalted mantle of Trollhunter, sworn to protect the good trolls from powerful enemies bent on revenge. The first human ever to hold the honor, Jim abruptly goes from fighting his way through the daily mayhem of high school to joining a war that has raged for centuries, a conflict that now threatens all of mankind and troll-kind alike. Accompanied by his closest human friends and a few key troll allies, the courageous fifteen-year-old must plunge headlong into a fantastical world of astonishing creatures, glorious cities, and fierce enemies desperate to destroy him. Suddenly destined to play a crucial role in an ancient battle of good and evil with stakes that couldn't be higher, Jim is determined to save the world - right after gym class. DreamWorks' Trollhunters is a heroic tale that uncoils with ambitious, complex storytelling and stunning visuals that raise the bar for animated series, creating an event series that will thrill the entire family.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Anton Yelchin as Jim
· Charlie Saxton
· Kelsey Grammer as Blinky
· Ron Perlman as Bular
· Steven Yeun

26 episode season

Anton Yelchin was working on this project at the time of his death.

Another actor was brought in to fill the void and complete his work after his passing.

It's mentioned in this article.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...oduction-death

Marc Guggeinheim from Arrow along with del Toro are Executive Producers on this series.

Collider gave it a great review.

http://collider.com/trollhunters-review/
Old 12-23-16, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Trollhunters (Netflix) - Animated series from Guillermo del Toro - 12/23/16

I added this to my queue. I watched the trailer and it did play like it was for younger kids. I don't mind the look of the animation - it reminds me of that Batman cgi show from a couple of years ago. I have but have not read the novel that this is based on.
Old 12-26-16, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched the first four episodes. It's pretty good for a kids show.
Old 12-26-16, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I watched the first episode and it's definitely aimed at the younger kids. The animation is solid, as is the voice direction.
Old 12-26-16, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

looking at the pic in the first post, anybody else get a Jon Snow/Samwell Tarly vibe?
Old 01-01-17, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm View Post
looking at the pic in the first post, anybody else get a Jon Snow/Samwell Tarly vibe?
No
Old 02-09-17, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Renewed for a 2nd season: http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/09/guillerm...ters-season-2/

Guess this series was too younger kid friendly for the old farts here.
Old 02-09-17, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

My dad really enjoyed it
Old 02-09-17, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son likes it.

I'm guaranteed to fall asleep if I watched it.
Old 02-10-17, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Surprisingly, to me anyway, my 6 year old daughter loves it. My 9 year old son likes it. With her, she often has nightmares based on certain content, so I wasn't sure if this would be appropriate, but she is enthralled with it. This is the same child that had nightmares for a week after seeing a 30 second clip of a pretend horror movie in Diary Of A Wimpy Kid about a foot. But she digs this.
Old 12-15-17, 08:07 AM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5D1ufBw0xEA" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DreamWorks Trollhunters Part 2, from Guillermo del Toro, premieres on Netflix, on Friday, Dec. 15, with a third and final chapter of the Emmy-winning series set to debut in 2018. 3 Below, the second series in the previously announced Tales of Arcadia trilogy, will premiere in late 2018 and feature two royal teenage aliens and their bodyguard who flee a surprise takeover of their home planet by an evil dictator and crash land in Arcadia. Now on the run from intergalactic bounty hunters, they struggle to blend in and adapt to the bizarre world of high school all the while attempting to repair their ship so they can return and defend their home planet. A final chapter, Wizards, is set to debut in 2019. Premiering in 2016 to critical acclaim, Trollhunters introduced audiences to the seemingly quiet town of Arcadia and an ordinary kid who embarks on an extraordinary adventure in a hidden world right beneath his feet featuring the voices of Anton Yelchin, Kelsey Grammer, Ron Perlman, Steven Yeun, Anjelica Huston and more. Recently nominated for six 2018 Annie Awards, the first season lead the Creative Arts Daytime Emmys with six wins, more than any other program, including writing for an animated program (Marc Guggenheim), directing (Rodrigo Blaas, Guillermo del Toro), casting (Ania O'Hare, Mary Hildalgo) and a voice acting win for Grammer.