Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E14/15) -- 2 Hour Finale & Reunion-- 12/14/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E14/15) -- 2 Hour Finale & Reunion-- 12/14/16

Old 12-14-16, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

AFTER 39 INTENSE DAYS, ONE CASTAWAY WILL BE CROWNED SOLE SURVIVOR AND AWARDED THE $1 MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE, ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE, FOLLOWED BY THE ONE-HOUR LIVE REUNION SHOW, OF "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, DEC. 14

"I'm Going For a Million Bucks" - Steady hands will earn a spot in the final three and a chance at the million dollar prize. Then, after 39 days, one castaway will be crowned Sole Survivor, on the two-hour season finale, followed by the one-hour live reunion show hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Dec. 14 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

MERGED "Vinaka" Tribe

Adam Klein

Bret LaBelle

Ken McNickle

Hannah Shapiro

Justin "Jay" Starrett

David Wright

MILLENNIALS "Vanua" Tribe GEN X "Takali" Tribe

Michaela Bradshaw (Seventh Eliminated)
Rachel Ako (First Eliminated)
Jessica "Figgy" Figueroa (Sixth Eliminated)
Sunday Burquest (14th Eliminated)
Adam Klein Chris Hammons (10th Eliminated)
Michelle Schubert (Eighth Eliminated)
Lucy Huang (Fourth Eliminated)
Hannah Shapiro Bret LaBelle

Zeke Smith (12th Eliminated)
Jessica Lewis (11th Eliminated)
Justin "Jay" Starrett Ken McNickle

Taylor Stocker (Ninth Eliminated)
Ciandre "CeCe" Taylor (Fifth Eliminated)
Mari Takahashi (Second Eliminated)
Paul Wachter (Third Eliminated)
Will Wahl (13th Eliminated)
David Wright

FYI,

Season 34 will premiere March 8th.
Old 12-14-16, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E14/15) -- 2 Hour Finale & Reunion-- 12/14/16

After the first few episodes this year, I never would have thought the season would have turned out to be this good.

There were so many memorable players (for the right reasons). Personally, I thought Hannah outperformed Adam at final tribal, but I think the deck was a little stacked against her, and Adam's bombshell made him hard to beat. Certainly he was also a deserving winner so I was happy for him.

I had heard that his mom died two days after the end of the show, but for him to be home only two hours was...something.

I'm surprised they never talked about Zeke being transgender.
Old 12-14-16, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E14/15) -- 2 Hour Finale & Reunion-- 12/14/16

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
...and Adam's bombshell made him hard to beat.
I cringed when he brought his mom's situation at the final tribal. I thought it was kind of bullshit to be honest. He keeps it secret the whole game and then reveals it seconds before they vote. Using his dying mom as a surprise closer at the final vote felt very wrong.
Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
Certainly he was also a deserving winner so I was happy for him.
I agree, so at least that made it easier to take.
Old 12-15-16, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/14...ff-probst-jaws

Next season is another all-star edition. Previous winners & Previous losers competing.

Old 12-15-16, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adam was a worthy winner but a part of me also thought it was a bit manipulative to drop that on the jury right at the end. And to even allude to it early in the final tribal by saying there's more to talk about during one of the early questions - it made it sound planned and not something that just spontaneously came out on the very last question. I was mostly happy Hannah didn't win, I'm not sure her game was as strong as she made it sound, though it's hard to tell the way this show is edited these days

Mostly I was very happy the ridiculous hero underdog edit David seemed to be getting didn't lead to a final 3; at times you'd think he had a disability the way Jeff was constantly fluffing him up.

I thought the gameplay was active this season, but I didn't think it was all that smart. And was folks making moves because Jeff kept feeding the "you need a resume in a season this strong" in most of the tribals post merge. It makes for compelling TV in a given week, but the season as a whole seemed more like chaos than smart gameplay.

at not a participation trophy being the puzzle
Old 12-15-16, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fucking Ozzy again next season?? He is officially the new Boston Rob... producers are going to keep bringing him back until he wins.
Old 12-15-16, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Adam as the winner, but didn't think he really did much at final tribal other than his "October surprise."

I was glad Ken voted out David instead of sticking to his loyalty line, but he was screwed either way.
Old 12-15-16, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Yeah, I don't have a problem with Adam as the winner, but didn't think he really did much at final tribal other than his "October surprise."

I was glad Ken voted out David instead of sticking to his loyalty line, but he was screwed either way.
Yeah, it was a no-win situation for Ken.

Adam would have been a more worthy winner if he'd have won without "playing the cancer card." Then again, after Ken played the "daughter" card, seemed like fair play to me. Poor Hannah should have just made up a terminal illness story (I posted in the Survivor Pool thread about how I'm waiting for someone to LIE about an illness just to win votes in a future season).
Old 12-15-16, 07:41 AM

I was of the understanding that the next season was shot before this season, but apparently not, since it includes Michaela. In that case, I would have thought they'd bring back the high school kid (though I'm sure he'll be back sometime in the future if he wants to).

I've never liked Sandra Diaz-Twine and I'm burnt out on Ozzy (and I recall a time when Probst and CBS said he'd never be welcomed back).
Old 12-15-16, 07:51 AM

Here's a supposed list of players for "Game Changers":

Mana tribe
1.Aubry Bracco, Survivor Kaoh Rong
2.Michaela Bradshaw, Survivor Millennials vs. Gen X
3.Ciera Eastin, Survivor Blood vs. Water and Survivor Cambodia
4.Hali Ford, Survivor Worlds Apart
5.Malcolm Freberg, Survivor Philippines and Survivor Caramoan
6.Caleb Reynolds, Survivor Kaoh Rong
7.Troyzan Robertson, Survivor One World
8.Jeff Varner, Survivor Australia and Survivor Cambodia
9.Tony Vlachos, Survivor Cagayan
10.Sandra Diaz-Twine, Survivor Pearl Islands and Survivor Heroes vs. Villains

Nuku tribe
1.Andrea Boehlke, Survivor Redemption Island and Survivor Caramoan
2.Brad Culpepper, Survivor Blood vs. Water
3.Sierra Dawn-Thomas, Survivor Worlds Apart
4.Cirie Fields, Survivor Panama, Survivor Micronesia, and Survivor Heroes vs. Villains
5.Sarah Lacina, Survivor Cagayan
6.Ozzy Lusth, Survivor Cook Islands, Survivor Micronesia, and Survivor South Pacific
7.Zeke Smith, Survivor Millennials vs. Gen X
8.JT Thomas, Tocantins and Survivor Heroes vs. Villains
9.Tai Trang, Survivor Kaoh Rong
10.Debbie Wanner, Survivor Kaoh Rong
Old 12-15-16, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I tend to give Adam a bit more of a pass on bringing up his mom's cancer b/c it was clear it was tearing him up. David's question led directly to that answer.
Old 12-15-16, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wasn't surprised Adam won but was really surprised that Ken didn't get one single vote. Not even David's vote.

I don't know if I have ever seen a 2nd player finisher look as bummed as Ken did. He looked like he wanted to die right on stage the entire time (except when Hannah was talking about him being a hottie).

That's crazy that Adam's mom dies an hour after he got home. She was probably in a ton of pain waiting. I know Adam's mom played into some of his win but do you think that was the main reason he got every single vote? I was just really stunned by that.
Old 12-15-16, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I would imagine they brought up his mom's cancer back at Ponderosa. I would imagine that's why he got every vote and the final tribal was just for show.
Old 12-15-16, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
I know Adam's mom played into some of his win but do you think that was the main reason he got every single vote? I was just really stunned by that.
I think going into that final tribal council it was Adam's to lose, but I don't know if he was an every vote winner. I just don't think most of the jury was prepared to accept Hannah as winner, even though she largely outperformed Adam at final tribal. I think she had at least Michelle's vote prior to the cancer, but Chris's question seemed to indicate the jury was predisposed to give Adam credit for Hannah flipping Ken's final four vote.

Ken is a strange dude, and his big loyalty argument was undercut by what he had just done the previous day.

It is strange to see guys get as close as Adam and Jay did without ever working together. It was definitely a unique Survivor relationship (in a good way).
Old 12-15-16, 11:00 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
Here's a supposed list of players for "Game Changers":

7.Zeke Smith, Survivor Millennials vs. Gen X
Strange if true, since they specifically mentioned Michaela would be participating on the reunion show but not him.
Old 12-15-16, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
I would imagine they brought up his mom's cancer back at Ponderosa. I would imagine that's why he got every vote and the final tribal was just for show.
How could they have discussed his mom's cancer at Ponderosa? Jay was the only one who knew about it and from what he said to Adam at the final tribal, it sounded like Jay was still keeping Adam's secret.

After Jeremy won every vote by telling everyone his wife was pregnant, at the final tribal, it's no surprise that Adam's story had the same effect.
Old 12-15-16, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

With the order of the questions at final council, I think they fixed it for Adam to win. Disappointing ending to what had been up until that point a great season.
Once he broke down and cried the cash was his. The fact he got all the votes negated anything anyone else said at tribal.
Old 12-15-16, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This season was a bunch of ineffectual goofballs making moves for the sake of making moves. Sucky season with a goodish finish that was too little too late. There just wasn't a single all around great competitor.

Ken was good at challenges but obviously must've played an awful social game. Hannah was too wishy washy and all that flipping cost her any friends/votes. So Adam wins because he's the best of a bad bunch. He would've won regardless of the cancer reveal. I don't mind that reveal either because what if he doesn't say anything and loses by one vote. Family must have a ton of medical bills, student loans etc and he's going to risk the million by not saying anything? Really?
Old 12-15-16, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I wasn't surprised Adam won but was really surprised that Ken didn't get one single vote. Not even David's vote.
I thought he might get Jessica's vote, as I'd thought they were buds, which is why she left him the legacy. But during that tribal, she looked really annoyed by it, I guess because she knew she might have been in that seat if not for the rocks.

I don't know if I have ever seen a 2nd player finisher look as bummed as Ken did. He looked like he wanted to die right on stage the entire time (except when Hannah was talking about him being a hottie).
Yeah, though in fairness he pretty much always looked like that.

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
I've never liked Sandra Diaz-Twine and I'm burnt out on Ozzy (and I recall a time when Probst and CBS said he'd never be welcomed back).
I'd have been fine with Ozzy never coming back, but at least it's been a while. I never liked Sandra either, especially for her "best player ever" bravado. She was a pioneer in the flying-under-the-radar strategy, which Jeff in this episode said doesn't work in the current game. It'd be worth seeing her come back if she gets voted out first.
Old 12-15-16, 01:19 PM

We should all just be happy that they're not bringing Rupert back.
Old 12-15-16, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Was it me, or did yet again almost everyone look better on the island than reunion? Especially Ken, Figgy, Michaela. I think only Sunday looked improved. Always find that fascinating.
Old 12-15-16, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
Was it me, or did yet again almost everyone look better on the island than reunion? Especially Ken, Figgy, Michaela. I think only Sunday looked improved. Always find that fascinating.
I thought Jessica looked better in the reunion.
Old 12-15-16, 04:31 PM

Michelle must really have a thing for dragons given her outfit. I guess they are part of her religious beliefs.

Old 12-15-16, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Such a shame, because she's so incredibly hot.
Old 12-15-16, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"The first thing I look for in a woman is intelligence. Because if she is smart, I have no shot."

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.