Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead (S7E08) -- Midseason Finale (86 mins) -- "Hearts Still Beating"

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S7E08) -- Midseason Finale (86 mins) -- "Hearts Still Beating"

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-16, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S7E08) -- Midseason Finale (86 mins) -- "Hearts Still Beating"

Let me guess, the second episode after they return will be from the boot guy's perspective.
Old 12-12-16, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S7E08) -- Midseason Finale (86 mins) -- "Hearts Still Beating"

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
what happened in the post credit scene? i missed it. swamp boots watched Father Gabriel do something?
Just some guy in the bushes with binoculars observing the Alexandria safe zone. And touching himself.
Old 12-12-16, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

Knowing how this show does things I'm half expecting Glenn's long lost twin brother to be the one spying on them. Or better yet it'll be Glenn after they switched places offscreen sometime last season.
Old 12-12-16, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

I could totally see Eugene enjoying "Easy Street."
Old 12-12-16, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 945 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
I could totally see Eugene enjoying "Easy Street."
Except he'd swear allegiance to Negan before the first verse ended
Old 12-12-16, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
What did Arat have against Olivia? Wouldn't it have made more sense to kill Rosita, who obviously has it out for Negan and will likely try to end him again?
That's not how Negan does things. If you act up, innocent people die and it's your fault. No sense killing someone who is prepared to die when you can break them instead.

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Daryl should have capitulated to Negan, and put an inside man in Negan's inner circle. Hell it looked like Negan was interested in making Daryl his right hand man.
I thought that too, but no doubt Negan's first act would be to take Daryl to Alexandria and force him to kill/mutilate someone in order to prove his loyalty.
Old 12-12-16, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
What the hell was the hole car ride thing with Michonne? They drive all the way somewhere just to turn around and go back? I must be missing some of the nuance there.
She knows where they are now, and how many people they have. Huge intel gain.
Old 12-12-16, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

Negan should have died 5x over already. How the fuck did Rosita wind up shooting the bat?

The writers made it painfully obvious that eventually in a future episode Spencer and Olivia were going to die. This was the episode. Stupid way to kill off Olivia though - just a random shot aiming at someone and it had to be her.

Why do people of Alexandria gather around Negan? If/when something bad happens, he will simply kill a random person. He's proven that already. So why be a possible victim? I wouldn't be anywhere near him if I didn't have to be.

Of course Negan would find out that it was a homemade bullet. I'm not sure why he would be interested in the casing in the first place. I'd be concerned over where Rosita got the gun and just assumed it was a regular bullet. And couldn't Eugene/anyone have said the homemade bullet was old during a time they were low on ammo?

The acronym of WWJD should now be WDJD... as in "What Did Jesus Do?"... he snuck into the Saviour compound, found Daryl escaping and left with him. Maybe I forgot from a previous episode - but why did he go there?
Old 12-12-16, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
The acronym of WWJD should now be WDJD... as in "What Did Jesus Do?"... he snuck into the Saviour compound, found Daryl escaping and left with him. Maybe I forgot from a previous episode - but why did he go there?
I could have sworn he left Negan's camp on top of a truck in the previous episode.

Maybe it was meant to show that Jesus was the one who slid the note under Daryl's cell door and then helped facilitate his escape from outside? Otherwise it was very random and kind of bizarre that he just popped up seemingly out of nowhere and for no reason. Did he come back just to ride bitch on Daryl's motorcycle?
Old 12-12-16, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Return date announced today
Old 12-12-16, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 310 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Maybe it was meant to show that Jesus was the one who slid the note under Daryl's cell door and then helped facilitate his escape from outside?
Yes, that was the exact implication.
Old 12-12-16, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Enjoyed the whole thing. Spencer's was demise set up well. Negan doesn't care for pussy weasels.

It will be interesting to see the reaction to Daryl's escape at the Sanctuary. I suspect Negan's going off in reaction to Daryl will be beginning of the end for his following there. Seemed like Dwight has been looking for an excuse to turn.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 12-12-16 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-12-16, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Best scene ever.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cGjBGjx9iSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-12-16, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by JTH182
She knows where they are now, and how many people they have. Huge intel gain.
Ok that makes sense. They were so far away I wasn't sure what they were looking at.
Old 12-12-16, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Ok that makes sense. They were so far away I wasn't sure what they were looking at.
Yeah, they were pretty far away, but I think that's how Michonne realized they were no small group.
Old 12-12-16, 11:10 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I could have sworn he left Negan's camp on top of a truck in the previous episode.
We saw him on top of the truck, then the camera panned around to show Negan and when the truck drove away, Jesus was gone. So it makes sense he was still at the Sanctuary.
Old 12-12-16, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
Of course Negan would find out that it was a homemade bullet. I'm not sure why he would be interested in the casing in the first place. I'd be concerned over where Rosita got the gun and just assumed it was a regular bullet. And couldn't Eugene/anyone have said the homemade bullet was old during a time they were low on ammo?
That reminds me ... Last week, why did Negan NOT question where Carl got a "machine gun" from?
Old 12-13-16, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
That reminds me ... Last week, why did Negan NOT question where Carl got a "machine gun" from?
Wasn't it already in the truck? Pretty sure Carl just picked up while back there...
Old 12-13-16, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Koby
Wasn't it already in the truck? Pretty sure Carl just picked up while back there...
He did and he even asked if he picked it because it looked cool as shit.
Old 12-13-16, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Solid mid-season finale. But I have to say that there was no reason this season (so far) couldn't have been truncated into two or three episodes.
Old 12-13-16, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JTH182
Yeah, they were pretty far away, but I think that's how Michonne realized they were no small group.
Didn't they already know this when they were captured though? I thought it came out they only got one of their outposts.
Old 12-13-16, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

Didn't they already know this when they were captured though? I thought it came out they only got one of their outposts.
They already knew they were laregely outnumbered, but I guess Michone now discovered about how severely they're outnumbered.

Now that Daryl is back, and I'm sure that's going to piss off Negan - why don't they just get just take off already? It's obvious the Saviours aren't watching them - because we're seeing Rick and the gang come and go as they please.

The odds are stacked against them - and even if they do win, they stand to lose a lot of people in the fight. Just take off in the middle of the night... split up into numerous groups and go in different directions and meet up somewhere a week or two later far away from the Saviours. Sure, the Saviours have Eugene now - who cares? Better to lose 1 person than 5, 10 or everyone.
Old 12-13-16, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Pretty pretty incredible that Rosita could not hit Negan right in front of her, yet Negan's gal could hit Olivia right in the head while turning to the side in a millisecond.
Old 12-13-16, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by uteotw
Pretty pretty incredible that Rosita could not hit Negan right in front of her, yet Negan's gal could hit Olivia right in the head while turning to the side in a millisecond.
She must have had auto-aim enabled.
Old 12-13-16, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They still don't have any weapons so at some point Tara will have to give up her Intel.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.