Reload this Page >

Designated Survivor (S1E09) -- "The Blueprint" -- 12/7/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-07-16, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 370 Likes on 277 Posts

CLASSIFIED GOVERNMENT DOCMENTS ARE LEAKED ONLINE WHILE AGENT HANNAH WELLS RACES THE CLOCK TO EXPOSE THE TRUTH ABOUT CONGRESSMAN MACLEISH, ON ABC'S 'DESIGNATED SURVIVOR,' WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 7

"The Blueprint" - When classified government documents are leaked online, President Kirkman searches for the party responsible only to find that they have taken refuge inside a foreign embassy and are behind even his reach. Meanwhile, Agent Hannah Wells races furiously to gather evidence of MacLeish's involvement in the conspiracy before he can be confirmed as the country's next Vice President, on ABC's "Designated Survivor," WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 7 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST).

"Designated Survivor" stars Kiefer Sutherland as Tom Kirkman, Natascha McElhone as Alex Kirkman, Adan Canto as Aaron Shore, Italia Ricci as Emily Rhodes, LaMonica Garrett as Mike Ritter with Kal Penn as Seth Wright and Maggie Q as Hannah Wells.

Guest starring Virginia Madsen as Kimble Hookstraten.

"The Blueprint" was written by Dana Dedoux Miller & Michael Russell Gunn. Richard J. Lewis is the director.

Episode 9 of 22

Glad after last week that they didn't drag out the paternity storyline.

I'm intrigued about the folks who blackmailed Atwood into that confession.
Old 12-08-16, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Designated Survivor (S1E09) -- "The Blueprint" -- 12/7/16

I'm really enjoying this show, but once the mystery of who blew up the capitol and why is solved, I wonder if I'll still be interested.
Old 12-09-16, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

I like this show too, but I hate how most of the scenarios/problems would be solved if most people would just talk to each other instead of dancing around the answers like some sort of daytime soap opera. Like the NSA guy that got 5 minutes with the President...could he have been any more vague? Just tell him what's on the chip! Sheesh. And Maggie Q on the phone...I'm driving to the Capitol right now with all the answers...just tell her over the phone!

It would be awesome if we found out Sutherland's character is the main bad guy...and he turned into a Frank Underwood type of President...but ABC/Disney would never go there - too afraid of losing viewers.
Old 12-09-16, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
I like this show too, but I hate how most of the scenarios/problems would be solved if most people would just talk to each other instead of dancing around the answers like some sort of daytime soap opera. Like the NSA guy that got 5 minutes with the President...could he have been any more vague? Just tell him what's on the chip! Sheesh. And Maggie Q on the phone...I'm driving to the Capitol right now with all the answers...just tell her over the phone!

It would be awesome if we found out Sutherland's character is the main bad guy...and he turned into a Frank Underwood type of President...but ABC/Disney would never go there - too afraid of losing viewers.
And Sutherland's "debriefing" or five minutes with the whistleblower. He should have pumped him dry for intell before sending him off to prison. It seems like the writers program the actors to do it dumbly to stretch the show out to the required number of episodes. I'm still with it but sometimes the stupidity is frustrating.
Old 12-10-16, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like it yet somethings are quite annoying. People that just will not talk, say what needs to be said. Stop being so vague. A car wreak? Yep saw that coming for an episode away. Twenty two episodes seems a bit long.
Old 12-10-16, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Seems like the embassy storyline was loosely cherry picked from 24 Day 4. I was expecting Kirkman to raid the embassy, illegally of course.
Old 12-11-16, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would think the atmopshere would be a lot more morose after an event like this, we are heading back to politics and bau backstabbing.

Show needs to ratchet up the emotions and the chaos a lot more.