DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S2E07) -- "Invasion" -- Crossover Part 4 -- 12/1/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/638321-dcs-legends-tomorrow-s2e07-invasion-crossover-part-4-12-1-16-a.html)

DJariya 12-01-16 12:08 PM

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S2E07) -- "Invasion" -- Crossover Part 4 -- 12/1/16

http://images.tvfanatic.com/iu/v1479...ors-attack.jpg

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

"Invasion!" - (8:00:00-9:00:45 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL IN THIS CROSSOVER OF SUPERHEROS - After learning the Dominators plan for the world, the Legends must work together with The Flash (guest star Grant Gustin), Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist) and Green Arrow (guest star Stephen Amell) to kill them once and for all. Meanwhile, Stein (Victor Garber) figures out, with the help of others, how the team can terminate the Dominators, but is distracted by the aberration he realizes he created in 1987. Brandon Routh, Franz Drameh, Dominic Purcell, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Nick Zano and Caity Lotz also star. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer & Marc Guggenheim (#207). Original airdate 12/01/2016.

Episode 7 of 17

Tonight's the conclusion of the crossover event.

Jason 12-01-16 04:41 PM

Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S2E07) -- "Invasion" -- Crossover Part 4 -- 12/1/16

Prediction:

Spoiler:
Wally ends up joining up with the Legends

mwbmis 12-01-16 08:37 PM

Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S2E07) -- "Invasion" -- Crossover Part 4 -- 12/1/16

Certainly a better cross over episode than Arrow, and they actually let Firestorm do something other than fly around and shoot fireballs.

Still seemed they largely wasted bringing Supergirl over. And no one seemed particularly amazed enough by her.

Hopefully that is the end of mopey Cisco. Nobody wants to see mopey Cisco.

I was waiting three nights for Kara to make the "reminds me of my cousin" line about Ray. They went the opposite direction.

robin2099 12-01-16 10:11 PM

Really really liked it a lot. Thought it was a really strong episode and I liked the send off with everyone at the end. Seemed kind of strange that Kara wouldn't hug Barry but that's a minor complaint.

Benoist is so damn charming that I was actually sad to see her go back to her show. With all the charisma she showed with the cast of the other series it kind of made me realize how lacking she really is in her show.

Thought the final battle was cool, especially with Flash and Supergirl racing all around the world putting those devices on the dominators. Thought it was weird that Thea was absent though.

:lol: at Ray's line about Kara looking like his cousin.

Overall, I would say this was easily the best crossover yet and I can't wait for them to

Deftones 12-01-16 10:44 PM

Kara can come back anytime! Yay!

jwb0323 12-01-16 11:08 PM

Wait, why did Cisco have a change in heart about Barry? How did he feel he screwed things up, by saving the alien? I'm confused

jwb0323 12-01-16 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 12960262)
Kara can come back anytime! Yay!

When did he have time to make that!? But , yeah, awesome!

Koby 12-01-16 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by jwb0323 (Post 12960273)
Wait, why did Cisco have a change in heart about Barry? How did he feel he screwed things up, by saving the alien? I'm confused

He realized even with good intentions you never know how you'll screw up the time line. The fact that he saved the Dominator, allowed the Dominator to come in the present time to threaten the planet. Had he let him die instead, the present time event may have not ever needed to have existed. So he couldn't blame Barry for unintended side-effects when he literally just did the same thing.

Jason 12-02-16 08:57 AM

Well, so much for my Nostradamus skills. Was Wally even in the background anywhere tonight?

Really enjoyed this crossover arc, even though it really drives home the point that Supergirl, Flash, and Arrow are the same fucking show, just with different faces.

Mighty nice of Savitar and Alchemy to take a break while Flash was busy with this whole alien invasion business.

DJariya 12-02-16 10:36 AM

That was a really fun conclusion to the arc.

The big battle scene with all the heroes and the dominators was really cool.

I loved Rory's lines:

to Steel: "You look like a Star Spangled Idiot" :lol:

to Supergirl: "Hey Skirt, Call me" :lol:

mrhan 12-02-16 10:49 AM

Way better than I expected especially with the lackluster 2nd part. I wonder what the ratings are for this crossover.

DJariya 12-02-16 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by mrhan (Post 12960551)
Way better than I expected especially with the lackluster 2nd part. I wonder what the ratings are for this crossover.

What? You thought Part 2 (The Flash episode) was lackluster?

mrhan 12-02-16 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12960586)
What? You thought Part 2 (The Flash episode) was lackluster?

I meant the Arrow episode. My bad. I forgot Supergirl was the first part. :lol: Compared to the Flash and Legends episode it sure was weak. It was a Matrix rip off and the fact that they didn't use Manu Bennett was weak. Maybe he couldn't do it. Who knows? They should have just left the character out. It could have been a stand alone Arrow episode if it wanted to be.

Deftones 12-02-16 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by mrhan (Post 12960656)
Compared to the Flash and Legends episode it sure was. It was a Matrix rip off and the fact that they didn't use Manu Bennett was weak. It could have been a stand alone Arrow episode if it wanted to be.

Technically the Flash episode was the 2nd one.

randian 12-02-16 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 12960433)
Mighty nice of Savitar and Alchemy to take a break while Flash was busy with this whole alien invasion business.

Maybe they'd prefer to rule over a plant not taken over by aliens?

Flatlander 12-02-16 05:07 PM

Really enjoyed this whole crossover. I liked how each show had it's own style and I didn't mind the Arrow one at all. Only neg like everyone else was the mopey Cisco storyline.

Very impressed with what they were able to pull off technically being on the CW.

Kdogg 12-02-16 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Koby (Post 12960302)
He realized even with good intentions you never know how you'll screw up the time line. The fact that he saved the Dominator, allowed the Dominator to come in the present time to threaten the planet. Had he let him die instead, the present time event may have not ever needed to have existed. So he couldn't blame Barry for unintended side-effects when he literally just did the same thing.

I'm getting tired of these guys complaining about timelines. Don't they realize that they are in the third different time line for the series. The entire first season was a different timeline because of Thawne killing Nora. It's not the original one were Barry becomes the Flash years later and were the real Wells and Eddie are alive. Who is to say there are not better off now? And let's not get starts of the Legends who have mocked up things at every step it seems.

Originally Posted by mrhan (Post 12960656)
I meant the Arrow episode. My bad. I forgot Supergirl was the first part. :lol: Compared to the Flash and Legends episode it sure was weak. It was a Matrix rip off and the fact that they didn't use Manu Bennett was weak. Maybe he couldn't do it. Who knows? They should have just left the character out. It could have been a stand alone Arrow episode if it wanted to be.

Apparently so did the people who did the opening "Previously On" segment. It said previously on "Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow."

TGM 12-02-16 08:06 PM

was that a dig at Marvel? Kara's "you are 'Earth's Mightiest Heroes'" line? :lol:

great episode... great crossover event...

randian 12-02-16 10:28 PM

I thought Diggle's complaint about Flashpoint was especially stupid. "You erased my daughter" No, you idiot, your daughter got replaced with a son. Also, such disrespect for his son.

PhantomStranger 12-03-16 02:07 AM

This episode confirmed one thing for me.

It is their moral imperative to make a big Legion of Super-Heroes mega-crossover. This Invasion crossover proves they can pull it off. Don't let me down, Berlanti. I won't rest until I see Saturn Girl and Triplicate Girl on television.;)

Xiroteus 12-03-16 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Kdogg (Post 12960946)
I'm getting tired of these guys complaining about timelines. Don't they realize that they are in the third different time line for the series. The entire first season was a different timeline because of Thawne killing Nora. It's not the original one were Barry becomes the Flash years later and were the real Wells and Eddie are alive. Who is to say there are not better off now? And let's not get starts of the Legends who have mocked up things at every step it seems.

When Barry saved his Mom that was likely closer to whatever original time there was before Thawne killed his Mom. Stuff happens regardless of intentions. They do kind of forget about that.

Still wonder why Berry's memory is not adjusting to the new timeline like it did when he saved his Mom. A few smaller things are different so it seems like it should change.

Eric F 12-03-16 03:40 AM

Wally did nothing and Firestorm did something. Yay!:lol:

Did Rory say, "Call me" to Kara at the end of the episode?:lol:

Deftones 12-03-16 07:53 AM

Yeah he said call me skirt

Lifepawn 12-03-16 09:35 AM

Sooner or later they will get Martian Manhunter into a crossover and that will be epic. This was okay but seemed clear that it was based on ideas from before Supergirl joined CW and she was shoehorned into it. Flash was the best episode with Legends having some good stuff too. Arrow was some boring shit and killed any momentum the crossover story had.

Defiant1 12-03-16 10:50 AM

Loved the Star Trek: TNG shout out.