Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Streaming shows (you're interested in) that you still haven't seen or finished yet

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Streaming shows (you're interested in) that you still haven't seen or finished yet

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-16, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Netflix:

Jessica Jones season 1 (finished 6 of the 13)

Orange is the new Black (only saw the 1st episode)

House of Cards (only finished the 1st season)

Bloodline (haven't not seen a single episode)

The Get Down (have not seen a single episode)

The Crown (have not seen a single episode)

Sense8 season 1 (watched 2 of the 13 episodes)

Marco Polo (only saw the 1st episode)

Stranger Things season 1 (watched 3 of the 8 episodes)

Luke Cage season 1 (have not watched yet, waiting to finish Jessica Jones 1st)

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (only watched 4 of the 13 from season 1)

Narcos (have not seen a single episode)

Making a Murderer (have not seen a single episode)

Longmire (have finished 5 or 6 of season 4. Have not started season 5 yet)

The Fall (have not seen a single episode)

Black Mirror (only saw the 1st episode)

Crossing Lines (just started season 2)

Hulu:

11.22.63 (only saw the 1st episode)

Chance (only seen 2 of the 10 episodes)

The Path (have not seen yet)

Crackle:

The Art of More (have not seen 1 episode. Now in season 2)

StartUp (have not seen 1 episode)

Amazon:

Bosch season 2 (watched 5 episodes of season 2)

Goliath (have not started)

The Man in the High Castle (only watched the Pilot)

Red Oaks

Hand of God (only saw the Pilot)

Good Girls Revolt

Catastrophe

Mozart in the Jungle

What about the rest of you? These are all the shows on streaming platforms that I have attempted to watch/want to watch, but for various reasons, I'm struggling to make time to watch them/finish them.

There's just so much between network shows, cable and new streaming shows coming year round that it's never ending content with almost no time to stay caught up. Directv DVR is getting full, more new network/cable shows keep premiering throughout the year. It really hurts my time keeping up with all these cool streaming shows that I want to see. And then I try to make time to stay caught up on new movies I want to see in the theater.

On Netflix, the only shows that I managed to finish was Daredevil and Fuller House shockingly.

I guess I'm kind of greedy and want to consume more content than I realistically have time to watch.

Last edited by DJariya; 11-29-16 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-26-16, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Re: Streaming shows (you're interested in) that you still haven't seen or finished ye

I tend to binge through a show, so almost all my unwatched shows are full shows. For example, from your list, I want to but still haven't watched any Orange is the new Black or Narcos. I have finished Jessica Jones, House of Cards, Sense8, Stranger Things, Luke Cage, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and Making a Murderer though.

There are also shows on other services I don't have that I want to watch. However, I feel like I should wait up until I can binge a number of shows on the service over a month, then cancel. For example, I don't have Hulu, so haven't watched 11.22.63. I did binge all of The Thick of It using a Hulu trial a few years back.

There is one show on Netflix I'm stuck in the middle of, Danger 5, because I've been watching it with the wife and after every episode she's like "what the f*ck did I just watch?" I suspect I'm going to just have to finish up that show without her.
Old 11-29-16, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts
Re: Streaming shows (you're interested in) that you still haven't seen or finished ye

House of Cards and the Marvel shows.

More generally, I wondered if I'm not willing to immediately watch a show which looks very interesting to me, then I have to ask myself whether it is a show that is worth watching in the first place.

When I do finally end up watching such shows long after the current hype and "newness" mania is gone (ie. months or years later), it frequently confirmed that many such shows were either very mundane or outright boring.
Old 11-29-16, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Bloodline (finally finished season 1)
Marco Polo (finished season 1 along with the spin off on 100 Eyes)

I've been playing catch up with TV shows... AOS, H50, Suits, Blacklist
Old 11-29-16, 12:55 PM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts

I need to get around to Narcos.

I would like to check out Mozart in the Jungle.
Old 11-29-16, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I've finished a few episodes of Jessica Jones and liked it but haven't gotten back to it. Would like to watch Daredevil and Luke Cage.

I'm interested in House of Cards. I watched a handful of episodes of OITNB but I didn't really like it that much. I've watched about five episodes of Kimmy Schmidt over the last year, usually when I have a 20-minute slot and want something light.

I've finished two seasons and the Christmas special of Black Mirror.

I have finished Stranger Things, Mozart in the Jungle, Man in the High Castle, and Red Oaks.

Last edited by davidh777; 11-29-16 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-29-16, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Netflix:
Gilmore Girls a year in the life: 2 of 4
3%: just started, interesting premise
black mirror: s3: need to watch last ep
spotless: just started
Sense8
Marseille
Doctor Foster: Watched 2 eps so far
Wentworth: on season 3 ep 8, great show, put on pause for a few mos, will dig back in the spring
Narcos: watched first 4 eps, need to get thru the rest
Marcella: on ep 1, looks pretty good
Daredevil: need to watch s2, started ep 1, wasn't too pleased so far..
Unbreakable kimmy: need watch s2
The get down: on ep 2, I keep forgetting about this one
Crossing lines: on season 2, looks great in high def
The fall: s3, maybe (I didn't like s2)
Last Tango in Halifax: on s1 ep 8, nice little british show
Lillyhammer: Need to start s2

Amazon:
red oaks: on first season
fleabag: on season 1 ep 3
man in high castle, didn't start s1 yet
the night manager: on ep 2, good stuff
One Mississippi: on ep 3
Wolf hall: on ep 2
Good Girls Revolt
Sneaky Pete
Mozart in the jungle: need to start s3, enjoyed s1 and s2, will probably get to this very soon
That Girl: Fun sitcom from the 60's
Old 11-29-16, 01:08 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Netflix
Wet Hot American Summer
House of Cards S3-4
Orange is the New Black S3-4
Narcos
Marco Polo S2
Sense8
The Fall S2-3
Longmire S4-5
Lillyhammer - 1/2 way S2
Kimmy Schmidt

Hulu
11/22/63
The Mindy Project
The Path
Chance

Amazon
Bosch S2
Man in the High Castle
Tranparent
Red Oaks

Last edited by Geofferson; 11-29-16 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-29-16, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Not necessarily streaming, but:

The Crown - Watched episodes 1-8 quickly; took a week to get back to ep. 9, still need to watch 10.

Ripper Street - Stalled at s4 e4 over technical issues.

Masters of Sex - Still in s1; due to rumors of quality going downhill, might not continue.

Wentworth - Stalled at s1 e8 due to technical issues.

Orange is the New Black - Stalled at s3 ep 4, mostly due to lack of interest.

Banished - UK series. Interested, but can't seem to get past ep. 1.

Baron Noir - French political thriller; paused to watch other shows, wanna keep watching.

Les Revenants - French thriller. LOVED the first season, but forgot much of what happened in the time between seasons. S2 picks up immediately where s1 left off. Need to read a thorough s1 recap before continuing.

Pigalle, La Nuit - 2009 French series. Have watched e1 at least 3-4 times, can never move on to later eps.

Witness - French crime series. Have watched e1 maybe 3-4 times, can never move on to later eps.

Lava - Icelandic crime series. Have watched e1 maybe 3-4 times, can never move on to later eps.

Trapped - Icelandic crime series. Have watched e1 at least 2-3 times and started on e2 a few times, can never move on.

Salamander - Belgian series, stalled at e5. Got pushed for other shows.

Versailles - French historical series (which is almost entirely in English, for some reason). By far the most expensive French TV series ever made. I've watched e1 a couple times, am slightly put off by the Caligula-style "shocking just to be shocking" vibe.

The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst - Watched the first episode with my GF. She insisted we watch the rest together. Tried to get her to watch further episodes - usually get "too tired" or "not in the mood". Now she's forgotten the show exists.

The Making of the Mob Chicago - I watch 1-2 episodes, forget about it for a couple months, watch the next 1-2 episodes, then forget about it for a couple months... I'll finish this eventually for sure.

Keep in mind that these are shows I actually want to watch. This doesn't count shows I've formally given up on (Kimmy Schmidt, Marco Polo, The Man in the High Castle) or shows that I have watched but are considering giving up on (The Blacklist, Scream Queens, Frequency, Travelers).

Last edited by Rex Fenestrarum; 11-29-16 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-29-16, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by Rex Fenestrarum

Les Revenants - French thriller. LOVED the first season, but forgot much of what happened in the time between seasons. S2 picks up immediately where s1 left off. Need to read a thorough s1 recap before continuing]).
This. I have season 2 taking up a good chunk of DVR real estate, but I wanna rewatch season 1 first
Old 11-29-16, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Both seasons of Les Revenants are on Netflix.
Old 11-29-16, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm behind on most of the streaming series I watch since I wait for the Blu-ray/DVD releases.
Old 11-29-16, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

It would probably be easier for me to list the streaming shows I have seen! My problem, as someone else was saying, is that I have enough stuff recording on my regular DVR that I just don't feel the urgency to take on new shows or finish shows on streaming service. Not that I'm advocating them to do this, but I would probably feel differently if I knew these shows had limited streaming windows. As it is, I always feel like the shows will always just be there when I have the time, which I never seem to have.

Orange Is the New Black - haven't seen the newest season
House of Cards - still need to start season 2
Transparent - I think I'm on season 2
Mozart in the Jungle - I think I'm on season 2
Luke Cage - I haven't started it; it's the only Marvel show I haven't seen

There are a lot of other shows I've heard good things about or would like to see: the Woody Allen show, Red Oaks, Bloodline, Narcos, Kimmy Schmidt, Sense8, Making a Murderer and several others that I can't their names. I'm sure I'll get to some of them eventually.
Old 11-29-16, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 148 Likes on 95 Posts

Excluding anime (of which there is a lot on my list), the main ones I'm interested in but haven't started yet are Narcos, Stranger Things, and The Man In The High Castle.

I have caught bits and pieces of Chance, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and The Mindy Project when my wife has them on, but I don't find any of them particularly entertaining.
Old 11-29-16, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I amended my original post to include the Amazon originals like Bosch, The Man in the High Castle etc. I love Bosch, but I'm only halfway done with season 2.

I heard Mozart in the Jungle is good, but not sure when I'll get to it.

Mad Dogs was from Shawn Ryan, but got cancelled, so I'll probably pass on that.

I do want to see Jean-Claude Van Johnson when that comes out next year. I enjoyed the Pilot.

I included a few more Netflix shows like Crossing Lines, just started season 2, and Black Mirror.

It's crazy man. In addition to stuff on TV, this will take me months to watch and finish.

Last edited by DJariya; 11-29-16 at 04:31 PM.