DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Here's the Story of a Lovely Lady: RIP Florence Henderson (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/638232-heres-story-lovely-lady-rip-florence-henderson.html)

Cardsfan111 11-25-16 12:07 AM

Here's the Story of a Lovely Lady: RIP Florence Henderson

https://apnews.com/2f3b33a3942d433fa...&utm_medium=AP

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Florence Henderson, the wholesome actress who went from Broadway star to television icon when she became Carol Brady, the ever-cheerful mom residing over "The Brady Bunch," has died. She was 82.

She died surrounded by family and friends, her manager, Kayla Pressman, said in a statement late Thursday.

Millions loved, and kept on loving, the innocent sitcom about a blended family. "The Brady Bunch," first aired in 1969, returned to television in various forms again and again, including "The Brady Bunch Hour" in 1977, "The Brady Brides" in 1981 and "The Bradys" in 1990. It was also seen endlessly in reruns.
:rip:

DJariya 11-25-16 12:08 AM

Florence Henderson aka Carol Brady from The Brady Bunch dead at 82

https://apnews.com/2f3b33a3942d433fa...&utm_medium=AP

Florence Henderson, "The Brady Bunch" mom, dies

Just now
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Florence Henderson, the wholesome actress who went from Broadway star to television icon when she became Carol Brady, the ever-cheerful mom residing over "The Brady Bunch," has died. She was 82.

She died surrounded by family and friends, her manager, Kayla Pressman, said in a statement late Thursday.

Millions loved, and kept on loving, the innocent sitcom about a blended family. "The Brady Bunch," first aired in 1969, returned to television in various forms again and again, including "The Brady Bunch Hour" in 1977, "The Brady Brides" in 1981 and "The Bradys" in 1990. It was also seen endlessly in reruns.

:(

JZ1276 11-25-16 12:09 AM

Florence Henderson has died

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/f...bunch-mom-dies

Florence Henderson, the wholesome actress who went from Broadway star to television icon when she became Carol Brady, the ever-cheerful mom residing over "The Brady Bunch," has died. She was 82.

General Zod 11-25-16 12:33 AM

Re: Here's the Story of a Lovely Lady: RIP Florence Henderson

Dammit. Another piece of my childhood just died with her.

B5Erik 11-25-16 12:54 AM

Three threads in a couple minutes. It is surreal watching this story break. I couldn't believe it when I read it.

The Brady Bunch was a HUGE part of my childhood - like a lot of people in my generation. We'd get home from school and watch the show for an hour. It was like a second family in a way.

And now the mom of that family is gone. So hard to believe. She seemed energetic and healthy enough to make it well into her 90's. Just goes to show that once you hit 80 every day is a bonus.

Yep. Part of our childhoods just died with her. Absolutely true.

Now all the adults from The Brady Bunch are gone (Mike, Carol, Alice, and Sam).

davidh777 11-25-16 12:55 AM

Might be a record: Three different threads on the same topic in the same forum created within minutes of each other. I'm posting in this one because it has the best title.

cultshock 11-25-16 01:03 AM

Dear 2016: FUCK OFF!!!

movieguru 11-25-16 01:08 AM

I know she was old, but she always seemed energetic and in good health depite her age. Was there any confirmatin what she died from? It says she was surrounded by friends and family, so it wasn't a sudden thing, but I never heard anything on the news that she was ill.

General Zod 11-25-16 01:11 AM

I heard she had a heart attack yesterday and today was a result of all that. So I guess she hung on as long as she could for her family to arrive. Kinda weird since I just saw her on DWTS (in the audience) on Monday night and looked very well.

The Valeyard 11-25-16 03:19 AM

Heartbreaking. The Brady Bunch was such a big part of my childhood. Florence Henderson made Mrs. Brady the coolest TV mom around.

RIP.

Alan Smithee 11-25-16 03:20 AM

Crappy day to die. My 2 cats are named Greg and Marcia, since they're brother and sister.

Spiderbite 11-25-16 07:21 AM

re: Here's the Story of a Lovely Lady: RIP Florence Henderson

She was a mom to millions. I watched Dancing With The Stars the season she was on just to see her. I always tried to catch on whatever she was on in the last several years. Always full of life with a smile on her face it seemed.

I actually watched this season of Dancing With The Stars until Marcia got kicked off. I enjoyed seeing Florence supporting her in the audience. She still looked great. Hell, she danced way better than Marcia did when she was on.

Very sad. :(

Everyone says this has been the worst year in recent memory and it really has for me in my personal life. Shit like this just adds to it. Fuck off 2016 indeed.

Troy Stiffler 11-25-16 07:32 AM

Never watched a full episode of The Brady Bunch (that's 10 years before my time). But I clearly remember her guest appearance on 30 Rock. "Are you the perverts who want to go to town on each other while I make a pie?" :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/jplLhsd.png

Cardsfan111 11-25-16 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 12955376)
Might be a record: Three different threads on the same topic in the same forum created within minutes of each other. I'm posting in this one because it has the best title.

Apparently the mods didn't think so. :(

I wonder if future generations will be affected as much by the passing of television stars. Taking Ms. Henderson as an example. My parents watched The Brady Bunch. I grew up watching it. And I've introduced it to my kids and they've loved. I know they'll be sad about this news when I share it with them this morning.

I had forgotten that she was also a native Hoosier. :rip:

Sonny Corinthos 11-25-16 08:29 AM

Huge, huge fan of the Brady Bunch as a kid. I still watch the show from time to time and it never gets old. RIP Mrs. Brady. :(

Coral 11-25-16 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by cultshock (Post 12955379)
Dear 2016: FUCK OFF!!!

People died every year before this one. Why the specific hate for 2016?

Troy Stiffler 11-25-16 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Coral (Post 12955456)
People died every year before this one. Why the specific hate for 2016?

I'm in my early 30's. I'm noticing a trend from "celebrities my parents know" to "celebrities I know" dying. The two keep converging.

Trevor 11-25-16 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 12955448)
Apparently the mods didn't think so. :(

Yeah, what's up with picking the worst of the three options?

Another here that grew up on the show, and think of it often. :rip: second mom.

TGM 11-25-16 09:10 AM

it's life guys. we're all getting old.

:(

RIP. She looked phenomenal for her age, pretty much right up until the end.

GuessWho 11-25-16 09:39 AM

RIP to a true innovator, the inventor of the mullet

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...58-400-500.jpg

TerryW 11-25-16 09:48 AM

So sad. I watched her everyday after school. Loved her appearance on Police Squad!

RIP

mcnabb 11-25-16 09:49 AM

I wasn't old enough to catch the Brady Bunch on it's initial run, but caught the reruns in the late 70's/early 80's as it was a big part of my childhood.

Does the show still resonate with kids today?

Troy Stiffler 11-25-16 10:45 AM

Re: Florence Henderson has died

Originally Posted by mcnabb (Post 12955482)
I wasn't old enough to catch the Brady Bunch on it's initial run, but caught the reruns in the late 70's/early 80's as it was a big part of my childhood.

Does the show still resonate with kids today?

I don't think it does. I remember syndication in the 90's. And I sort of remember the movie.

mphtrilogy 11-25-16 12:29 PM

RIP, she was a real treasure...

DJariya 11-25-16 01:10 PM

I grew up watching Brady Bunch repeats in the 80's.

Such a shame about Florence's passing. I've seen her quite often on TV in recent years and she seemed very vibrant and healthy for her age. A story I read today said that she woke up a few days ago feeling sick and then checked into the hospital where she died. So sad.