DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   There's not really any new WoW shows this season is there ? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/638211-theres-not-really-any-new-wow-shows-season-there.html)

Original Desmond 11-23-16 09:41 AM

There's not really any new WoW shows this season is there ?

I've checked out a lot of the new shows

There are some ok ones, but nothing really wow or even anything close to Wow

The best i have found is quite watchable (for me Westworld and a few others)

We don't have a new Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad

I do think TV show quality with all of the distribution platforms has been diluted a bit.

Goat3001 11-23-16 11:31 AM

Re: There's not really any new WoW shows this season is there ?

Breaking Bad is widely considered one of the greatest shows of all time and unless Game of Thrones completely falls apart, it'll be on the same short list.

If you expect shows like that to pop up every year, you'll be very disappointed.

mdc3000 11-23-16 11:35 AM

I'd put Westworld and Atlanta up against the greats - not those shows as a whole but first season vs. first season I think both have the potential to be WOW shows. There are some mostly OK shows (Designated Survivor, The Good Place) but they are definitely not breaking molds or trailblazing like those other ones.

I'm sure eventually we'll find a successor to BB and GOT but in TRYING SO HARD to become one of those shows, a lot just fail to live up to the hype.

davidh777 11-23-16 11:39 AM

Is the thread title a World of Warcraft reference?

RichC2 11-23-16 11:57 AM

Yeah, I didn't think there were many Warcraft shows any season.

Thrush 11-23-16 12:17 PM

The Exorcist is surprisingly good. Probably my favorite new show this season. Good Behavior is also very promising from the 1st 2 episodes.

cleaver 11-23-16 01:04 PM

Westworld has the wow factor for me; I think the 3rd episode on the credits it said "Written by Ed Brubaker and Jonathan Nolan" and maybe it's a self fulfilling prophecy for me and I've taken the show super seriously since I saw Brubaker was involved too. The last show for me that was even borderline wow was Animal Kingdom. Give Westworld a chance to be great; Breaking Bad didn't really click for me until 1/2 through season two when they introduced Saul.

morriscroy 11-23-16 02:14 PM

Nothing.

Last year, only Blindspot.

Navinabob 11-23-16 04:16 PM

Westworld is great. If you have Hulu track down Chance. I wasn't sold on it at first, but it's grown to where it's a contender to be the next Breaking Bad.

Count Dooku 11-23-16 06:47 PM

I literally only watched the pilot for Designated Survivor because Hulu auto-played it, but the show hooked me and I have enjoyed that series more than Timeless or This Is Us.

Gotham has gotten crazier this year and thus better.

Superstore is very funny.

Like Goat3001 said, expecting to find even one new show of BB or GoT quality is expecting too much.

DJariya 11-23-16 07:51 PM

This Is Us is excellent, but may be too sappy and dramatic for some here. Probably the best and most consistent drama of the year thus far.

I like Designated Survivor, but wouldn't call it a great show yet

Timeless is pretty good

Westworld is very good, but it's one of those shows that you need to pay attention to and half ass watch it like many here do watching TV.

I'm hoping that 24: Legacy will be a surprise come February.