TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Timeless (S1E07) -- "Stranded" -- 11/21/16

Old 11-21-16, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Timeless (S1E07) -- "Stranded" -- 11/21/16

"TIMELESS"

"STRANDED" ORIGINAL

11/21/2016 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Monday) : THE TEAM FACES A TRUE TEST OF TIME WHEN THEY FOLLOW FLYNN TO 1754. The team chases Garcia Flynn (Goran Visnjic) to 1754, but after he reveals his true intentions, they're forced to scramble through hostile territory. Now, if they want to survive, they'll need to learn to trust each other. Meanwhile, Agent Christopher (Sakina Jaffrey) quietly investigates Connor Mason (Paterson Joseph), and Jiya (Claudia Doumit) has a hunch that Rufus (Malcolm Barrett) might be resourceful enough to open a line of communication with the present. Also starring Abigail Spencer and Matt Lanter. Guest starring Chad Rook, Hector Hugo and John Getz. TV-PG D, L, V

Episode 7 of 16
Old 11-22-16, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Timeless (S1E07) -- "Stranded" -- 11/21/16

I liked how they mixed things up this week, starting the episode already back in time. I loved Rufus' reaction to Lucy's enthusiasm for 1754: "I'll just wipe my butt with a leaf." However, I thought it was too convenient how the blacksmith in the French camp walked away just as Rufus arrived and then stayed away long enough for him to do what he needed to do... and no one else heard or saw Rufus banging metal.
Old 11-22-16, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe View Post
I liked how they mixed things up this week, starting the episode already back in time. I loved Rufus' reaction to Lucy's enthusiasm for 1754: "I'll just wipe my butt with a leaf." However, I thought it was too convenient how the blacksmith in the French camp walked away just as Rufus arrived and then stayed away long enough for him to do what he needed to do... and no one else heard or saw Rufus banging metal.
I'm sure somebody would have noticed, but maybe they're just so used to the sound they didn't give it any notice. Be like a bus driver or a plane in the background - how much attention do you pay at the details if it's not something you're focused on.

I agree it was good to get a mix up on the plot, although would have liked to have known what Flynn was up to.

I really enjoyed the present day moments between Mason and Rufus' lady friend. I also like how Mason seemed to gain a bit of a backbone to Rittenhause. I'd like to see more of that, and character moments all around.
Old 11-23-16, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought the solution to figuring out Rufus' message was a little too cute even for TV.
Old 11-23-16, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Superman07 View Post

I agree it was good to get a mix up on the plot, although would have liked to have known what Flynn was up to.
It was mentioned Flynn's objective was to lure them there so he could strand them there and be rid of them.
It was all a trap.
Old 11-23-16, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I liked the Flux capacitor line, I also like how you have to pay attention to the small lines of dialogue.

I enjoyed this week's ep a lot, hope this show gets renewed, since they are only doing 18 eps (I think), there is still more room for storyline road...
Old 11-23-16, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Somebody get Rufus' girlfriend a nose job and some tweezers, stat!
Old 11-23-16, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm giving this show the flick now, just not quite doing it for me
Old 11-23-16, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Until they're willing to show the main characters can actually be in peril and not get back home by the end of an episode, the show won't have much weight. Rufus just shows up with what he needs for the repairs - a little too easy.
Old 11-23-16, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bunkaroo View Post
Until they're willing to show the main characters can actually be in peril and not get back home by the end of an episode, the show won't have much weight. Rufus just shows up with what he needs for the repairs - a little too easy.
I suppose the beginning of this could have been a cliffhanger, YT I think there were some Stargate episodes where the team was just returning and a new adventure kicked off. This was sort of in that vein.

I'm surprised nobody has asked Rufus if they are able to travel forward in time.
Old 11-24-16, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Superman07 View Post
I suppose the beginning of this could have been a cliffhanger, YT I think there were some Stargate episodes where the team was just returning and a new adventure kicked off. This was sort of in that vein.

I'm surprised nobody has asked Rufus if they are able to travel forward in time.
Maybe the writers are saving forward time travel for Season 2? Or maybe Flynn and Rittenhause are only interested in changing events in the past?
Old 11-24-16, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bunkaroo View Post
This is why I appreciate the ongoing story in the present (Rittenhause) as well as the trio dealing with changes to their present lives each time the past is altered. Otherwise, yes, it's pretty formulaic, and we know the trio will return to the present each time or the show would end. I'm ok with that, though, because I think the 3 leads have good chemistry, and the show has a fun Back to the Future vibe to it.
Old 11-24-16, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I still think Flynn's motives are too cryptic and as such reduce the suspense instead of add to it. Maybe they should start having multi-episode arcs where they can't get back ala Time Tunnel. Or episodes where the present got so screwed up they have to do something immediately to put things rights.