Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Snowpiercer (Now on AMC) -- S: Jennifer Connelly, Daveed Diggs

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Snowpiercer (Now on AMC) -- S: Jennifer Connelly, Daveed Diggs

Old 07-20-19, 05:27 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts
re: Snowpiercer (Now on AMC) -- S: Jennifer Connelly, Daveed Diggs

<iframe width="697" height="392" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7lFMpmwn_hQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oscar® winner Jennifer Connelly and Tony Award® winner Daveed Diggs star in the futuristic thriller coming Spring 2020 to TBS.

About Snowpiercer:
Set more than seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland, Snowpiercer centers on the remnants of humanity, who inhabit a gigantic, perpetually-moving train that circles the globe. Class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival play out in this riveting television adaptation.
Old 07-20-19, 06:45 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts

Looks good and I’ll try to catch it, but got to give Evans movie another chance, didn’t leave an impression that many people got from it on me...
Old 10-02-19, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

https://deadline.com/2019/10/snowpie...ed-1202750818/

Moving back to TNT

Still premiering next Spring.
Old 10-02-19, 07:48 PM

Old 10-03-19, 11:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thing is going to win the "giant disaster that nobody even noticed" award of the year.
Old 10-31-19, 01:24 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Game of Thrones alum Sean Bean is set as a new series regular, alongside Jennifer Connelly and Daveed Diggs, on the second season of TNT’s Snowpiercer. Production on Season 2 is underway for premiere in spring 2020.

Details of Bean’s character are being kept under wraps.
https://deadline.com/2019/10/snowpie...ar-1202773199/
Old 10-31-19, 05:24 PM

i thought i had missed season 1 and didn't know where the hell it was on or when. geez, already making S2. they must have a lot of faith...
Old 01-15-20, 05:38 PM

Starring Jennifer Connelly and Daveed Diggs, TNT’s new original series Snowpiercer premieres May 31.

About Snowpiercer:
Set more than seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland Snowpiercer centers on the remnants of humanity, who inhabit a 1001 car, perpetually-moving train that circles the globe. Class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival play out in this riveting television adaptation based on the acclaimed movie and graphic novel series of the same name.
Old 01-15-20, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

This has flop written all over it, but it looks fun and I will watch it.
Old 01-15-20, 05:46 PM

Well, we are getting two seasons at least.
Old 04-03-20, 11:16 AM

It’s taken a while to get to screens, but viewers will now be able to watch TNT’s post-apocalyptic thriller Snowpiercer slightly earlier than previously planned.

The WarnerMedia-owned network is moving forward the premiere of the Jennifer Connelly and Daveed Diggs-fronted show. The series will launch on Sunday May 17 at 9pm. It was previously planned to launch on Sunday May 31.

Deadline understands that the show is not replacing anything in the schedule but that the network is responding to the growing appetite for content as the majority of Americans are in lockdown.

This comes as the second season of the show, which is based on Oscar-winner Bong Joon Ho’s movie, halted production due to the Coronavirus pandemic.

Set more than seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland, Snowpiercer centers on the remnants of humanity who inhabit a perpetually moving train with 1,001 cars that circles the globe. Class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival play out in this television adaptation. Alison Wright, Mickey Sumner, Susan Park, Iddo Goldberg, Katie McGuinness, Lena Hall, Annalise Basso, Sam Otto, Roberto Urbina, Sheila Vand and Jaylin Fletcher also star.

“Snowpiercer is one of the most anticipated original series of 2020 and in this climate, viewers are craving thrilling, engaging, edge-of-your-seat content that speaks to them on a deeper level,” said Brett Weitz, general manager for TNT, TBS and truTV. “It is extremely important that we continue with our promise to meet audiences where they are, and to that effect, we are moving up Snowpiercer’s premiere so that fans can enjoy this futuristic series even earlier.”

The show has had a long gestation; TNT ordered the Snowpiercer pilot back in November 2016 and picked it up to series over two years ago. Five days later after commission, original showrunner and pilot writer Josh Friedman exited the show, and Orphan Black‘s Graeme Manson took over after a few weeks.

About four months later, Scott Derrickson — the future Doctor Strange helmer who directed the Snowpiercer pilot — refused to return for reshoots, citing differences with Manson’s creative vision. TNT chief Kevin Reilly addressed that situation during the 2019 TCA winter press tour.

Then in May, the show was given an early Season 2 renewal and moved from TNT to sister channel TBS. But the brass had a change of heart five months later, and Snowpiercer was returned to its original network.

Diggs and Manson addressed the delays at the winter TCA. “It takes a long time to make really good sh*t,” said Daveed. Added Manson: “It had a long birth. It’s a really great property, I’m a huge fan of director Bong (Joon Ho)’s movie and huge fan of the graphic novels, and it took a long time to get it right and we got it right.”

Snowpiercer is produced by Tomorrow Studios, along with CJ Entertainment, which produced the film. The series is executive produced by Tomorrow Studios’ Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements; showrunner Manson, who rewrote the first episode; director James Hawes; Matthew O’Connor; Derrickson and the movie’s producers Bong, Miky Lee, Tae-sung Jeong, Park Chan-wook, Lee Tae-hun and Dooho Choi.
Old 04-03-20, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

I've been surprised networks aren't pushing all their new shows up. This month will likely have the most captive tv audience we'll ever see again in Western civilization.
Old 04-03-20, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 137 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I've been surprised networks aren't pushing all their new shows up. This month will likely have the most captive tv audience we'll ever see again in Western civilization.
Or until the fall.
Old 04-03-20, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I don't understand why people keep saying this like it is some giant missed opportunity. Why should any network push all their shows up? Nothing is in production and there is no definite idea on when things will start up again. They're going to need to plan accordingly with what they have in the can in case they don't have anything ready for the fall.
Old 04-04-20, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dex14
I don't understand why people keep saying this like it is some giant missed opportunity. Why should any network push all their shows up? Nothing is in production and there is no definite idea on when things will start up again. They're going to need to plan accordingly with what they have in the can in case they don't have anything ready for the fall.
Because the potential audience for any new television program will never be higher than over the next 30 days. If there were any live sports on the air, it would see massive ratings today. You can't buy that type of exposure and delaying shows already in the can is a needless risk. ESPN has already pushed their Jordan documentary up to catch this opportunity.
Old 05-17-20, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Snowpiercer (TNT) -- S: Jennifer Connelly -- Based on the movie -- Premieres 5/17/20

SNOWPIERCER

SERIES PREMIERE

Sunday, May 17, at 9:00pm ET/PT

Snowpiercer, the Great Ark Train, has kept the last remnants of humanity alive for almost seven years. A rigid class system maintains order, with First Class holding power over workers, while a condemned Prison Class struggles to survive in the Tail. Now, a grisly murder is stoking class division, so Melanie Cavill (Jennifer Connelly), the powerful head of hospitality, deputizes a dangerous rebel to help solve the killing - Andre Layton (Daveed Diggs), the world's only surviving homicide detective.

10 episode season. This was already renewed for a 2nd season

Old 05-17-20, 08:42 PM

Not such great reviews. I’ll watch in time. Want to at least see movie again first. Didn’t make big impression or maybe I was tired, but don’t remember much first time I saw...
Old 05-18-20, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts

Just happened to catch the fact that this was starting tonight. I thought it was an alright start and have set the DVR to record the season.

Skinny-dipping scuba diver ... every episode please.

Am I mistaken or was

Spoiler:
the guy in the engine the guy who was murdered?
Old 05-18-20, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I kind of enjoyed the premiere but I'm not sure if that's due to the quality of the show or how much fun I had playing "Where Do I Know That Dude From?" It's a veritable who's who of character actors.
Old 05-19-20, 09:37 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the same problem with the TV show as I had with the movie. The basis for the show seems all parable and not at all realistic. That is, why do they have to be on a freakin' train? If there's enough technology to build tracks around the world and power a 1000-car train indefinitely, it would seem there would be enough technology to build a stationary city. The train concept works well in Kim Stanley Robinson's novel 2312, with the moving city on Mercury, staying in the temperate shadow. But it seems to make no sense on earth, even a frozen one. Why does moving help? And if they have to move, why a train? There's nothing else in the way now, so why not a gigantic moving city?
Old 05-19-20, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

At least in the movie,
Spoiler:
the train was built before the ice age, so the train and tracks were already there and something something about the perpetual motion helps energize the engine of the self-sufficient train, so I always thought that the only reason the train was running around the world is because that eccentric billionaire built it that way and there was no way for them to build anything else. Like you could have the technology to rebuild a stationary city but how would you get the resources, do you have the scientists and engineers, and how would you keep them warm enough to build it? The religion on the train says that the billionaire forsaw the ice age coming and that's why he build snowpiercer even as people laughed at him, but that seemed like revisionist history to me.

I hope none of those are spoilers for the tv show but just in case.

Note that the story from the movie basically just takes the idea of the ice age, the train, and the social stratification and the desire to move up and made basically a completely new story.
Old 05-19-20, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

You're for sure going to have a rough go of it if you try to think rationally for even a moment. I have a hard time with movies that make no sense but this movie/show is so bonkers that I can mentally give it a pass.
Old 05-19-20, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm not sure what to think about this television adaptation. The pilot really didn't grab me but I guess a few of the characters seem interesting at first blush. The movie I felt was a triumph of style over substance, which will be much harder to pull off on a serialized television series in the long run.
Old 05-19-20, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Have they explained why they haven't just booted all of the tailors off the train? Why did they let them stay on at the beginning? Free labor?
Old 05-20-20, 12:22 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Have they explained why they haven't just booted all of the tailors off the train? Why did they let them stay on at the beginning? Free labor?
You have to look good

Spoiler:
when you’re eating babies.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.