DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Snowpiercer (Now on AMC) -- S: Jennifer Connelly, Daveed Diggs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/638181-snowpiercer-now-amc-s-jennifer-connelly-daveed-diggs.html)

RichC2 07-04-20 10:34 PM

re: Snowpiercer (Now on AMC) -- S: Jennifer Connelly, Daveed Diggs

Originally Posted by eXcentris (Post 13767476)
This show is interesting enough that I keep watching it, but not interesting enough that I'd care if it was cancelled.

And it looks like I'm not the only one wondering about the lack of track maintenance, and about what the heck happened to Jennifer Connelly's boobs. Maybe Andre can investigate that next. ;)

it was renewed for season 2 in May of 2019, and apparently seems to be doing well in ratings.

So your stuck wondering why you're watching it for at least another year :lol:

eXcentris 07-05-20 03:44 PM

:sad:

PhantomStranger 07-05-20 05:10 PM

Connelly has lost so much weight you wonder if she's into heroin. At her current size she's not eating more than 800-1000 calories a day.

Dr. DVD 07-06-20 08:09 PM

I just watched the first episode of this off the TNT app today after having watched the movie on Netflix yesterday. Overall, not too impressed, but having seen Hamilton this past weekend I'm all about Daveed Diggs. Also, the different approach they're taking to Wilfried has me curious.

Connelly...man...what happened? The scene below was essential viewing to me during my pre driver's license Saturdays....

fujishig 07-06-20 08:13 PM

Maybe I'm crazy... Connelly may be skinnier than she was in her youth but she still holds up really well IMHO.

As far as this show goes: if the purpose was to try to get me on the side of the downtrodden to overthrow the elite, I still don't buy it. I realize they made Connelly the bad guy in this last episode. But she's still running the show and keeping everyone alive so it's not like I'm rooting against her, if anything I find Digg's stuff a distraction from their survival.

RichC2 07-06-20 09:31 PM

She did that thing where she had kids, lost all the weight and some bonus and never put it back on. Seems to happen a lot in Hollywood.

PhantomStranger 07-08-20 01:16 PM

I didn't really buy everyone turning on Jennifer Connelly when it was outed that Wilfred wasn't there and she had assumed command.

mwbmis 07-08-20 05:24 PM

I don't know why they're doing a two hour finale next week. We're going to run out of new shows. Why double up?

Barth 07-09-20 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by mwbmis (Post 13769382)
I don't know why they're doing a two hour finale next week. We're going to run out of new shows. Why double up?

I wondered the same. HBO did that with their Love Life show (finished it sooner rather then let it play out weekly). I do agree we are going to run out of quality new content at some point. I imagine next spring we’ll really see the fallout in the television industry.

fujishig 07-09-20 09:14 AM

Isn't the NBA coming back soon? I assume that's going to take a chunk of their schedule (if there isn't an outbreak in the bubble).

DWilson 07-09-20 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Barth (Post 13769695)
I wondered the same. HBO did that with their Love Life show (finished it sooner rather then let it play out weekly). I do agree we are going to run out of quality new content at some point. I imagine next spring we’ll really see the fallout in the television industry.

They're following SP with the next "The Alienist" installment. They'll air two episodes a week for four weeks (I think, -unless it's five).

Abob Teff 07-09-20 02:53 PM

I never got the infatuation with Jennifer Connelly ... thought that video above explains it more.

Personally, give me more Susan Park nude scuba diving ... or ... you know.

d2cheer 07-11-20 05:44 PM

I have seen the movie but my gal has not...do you need to know anything about the movie to watch this?

Josh-da-man 07-11-20 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by d2cheer (Post 13771018)
I have seen the movie but my gal has not...do you need to know anything about the movie to watch this?

No.

It's even probably best if you go in cold (no pun intended).

fujishig 07-12-20 06:17 AM

Yeah, the tv show is basically an alternate retelling, better to go in cold if you don't want spoilers (though I really liked the movie, once you watch the first season it's easy enough to go back).

I know I'm supposed to side with the tailies and the socially downtrodden but all I could think was "you guys are so stupid, she kept you alive all this time and you want to mess things up."

Also that fight scene in the nightclub was really odd to me, they had the advantage of being hidden behind them, gave that up, then got overrun from that same position.

Maybe it plays out this way but I have no idea in a post Wilford train what the rich people bring to the table or why they should be listened to at all.

eXcentris 07-13-20 11:19 PM

S2 teaser:

Spoiler:

mugwump 07-14-20 09:46 AM

Sean Bean! Just when I thought they couldn't amp up the crazy factor any more they throw in a train vs. train showdown in Chicago. Having been on countless trains in and out of Chicago I actually found this part believable.

DWilson 07-14-20 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by mugwump (Post 13772286)
Sean Bean! Just when I thought they couldn't amp up the crazy factor any more they throw in a train vs. train showdown in Chicago. Having been on countless trains in and out of Chicago I actually found this part believable.

The producers have stated that he had not been cast when they produced the season finale.

Josh-da-man 07-14-20 02:54 PM

He told us winter was coming ten years ago.

dex14 01-11-21 04:39 PM

Why So Blu? 01-17-21 01:40 PM

Binged Season 1 on HBO MAXand it was pretty good. I love the film, but have not read any of the graphic novels. I know they have 2 prequel volumes, so I wonder if the show is pulled from that instead of the movie. Also, in an earlier episode you do hear Sean Bean over the intercom as the voice of Mr. W. No surprised he had been cat - he had already done a voice cameo.

DJariya 01-17-21 01:43 PM

This is on HBO Max now and I just started it. Never got around to it last summer. I'm through 3 episodes and liking it. Hopefully I'll get caught up in time for the 2nd season next week.

fujishig 01-17-21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13876085)
Binged Season 1 on HBO MAXand it was pretty good. I love the film, but have not read any of the graphic novels. I know they have 2 prequel volumes, so I wonder if the show is pulled from that instead of the movie. Also, in an earlier episode you do hear Sean Bean over the intercom as the voice of Mr. W. No surprised he had been cat - he had already done a voice cameo.

The graphic novels are apparently very different from the film, so I think this tv series is more based on the film than the original source.

DJariya 01-19-21 01:16 PM

RichC2 01-20-21 02:10 PM

I'm actually surprised by the blind faith they keep throwing behind this one. It doesn't seem super cheap to produce.