Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Grand Tour - s: Clarkson, Hammond, May - Series Thread (Amazon Prime)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Grand Tour - s: Clarkson, Hammond, May - Series Thread (Amazon Prime)

Old 04-30-19, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: The Grand Tour - s: Clarkson, Hammond, May - Series Thread (Amazon Prime)

Originally Posted by Dash
It was my understanding that they would do just the specials and get rid of the tent. do something like 4-6 episodes a year. and if that's the case I'm 100% on board. Though I like the reviews and the Ebola track, when they are out as a group is when they really shine.
Same here. The adventures/specials are the very best part. It would be nice if they did a short intro/outro at least. But yeah I don't really need any more test track footage.
Originally Posted by mattysemo247
By the way he was getting choked up talking about it and with the montage of footage from both Top Gear and Grand Tour, it felt more like a farewell. I bet it's only a few specials per year. On top of that, all three of them are getting their own series on Amazon, so I think more time is going to be dedicated to getting those in production.
As mentioned I think they are only ditching the test track and live studio taping stuff. Apparently they had a tough time getting all the tent stuff done for this past season and I think they just decided "Why bother?" It could mean fewer episodes, but likely the same amount of specials. If you deleted the audience and test track stuff that would eliminate almost half the season alone.
Old 05-01-19, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
Surprised Amazon wouldn't let them stick around as long as they wanted.
It was a VERY expensive show to produce.
The Boys made off like bandits when they signed the incredible contract Amazon offered.

The world has changed drastically since their glory days at the BBC.
I doubt they pull in the kind of audience they once did.

Their "adventures" usually bore me now.
I'm a car guy...I just want the reviews and car talk.
Old 09-30-22, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

New episode is out, it's pretty decent.
I do wish they did more car stuff though, but getting a hold of so many different cars for multiple episodes a season, that they usually wreck at least one of per episode, probably gets expensive compared to a handful of these specials. Sure they still break stuff but it's less of it than 10-15 episodes would be