TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S2E06) -- "Outlaw Country" -- 11/17/16

Old 11-17-16, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S2E06) -- "Outlaw Country" -- 11/17/16

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

"Outlaw Country" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS - The Legends are still reeling from the news that their time travel-nemesis is a speedster when they are alerted to an Aberration in the Old West. When the Legends arrive they find their old friend Jonah Hex (guest star Jonathon Schaech) in trouble with his arch-nemesis, Quentin Turnbull (guest star Jeff Fahey). The team soon discovers that they need to stop Turnbull and his gang from conquering the West and branding it his own lawless territory. To Hex's surprise, Sara (Caity Lotz) is in charge and dispatches the team. Rory (Dominic Purcell) is ecstatic to be in the Wild West, but Sara makes Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) work with him to keep him on task, which is easier said than done. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano), Ray (Brandon Routh) and Jax (Franz Drameh) try to infiltrate Turnball's gang, but find themselves in a shootout leaving Nate's confidence shaken. Victor Garber also stars. Cherie Nowlan directed the episode written by Matthew Maala & Chris Fedak (#206). Original airdate 11/17/2016.

Episode 6 of 17

The CW announced this is moving to Tuesdays at 9pm after The Flash starting January 24th.
Old 11-17-16, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S2E06) -- "Outlaw Country" -- 11/17/16

ratings aren't so good for this, I take it. that and shuffling around the other shows that failed.
Old 11-18-16, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton View Post
ratings aren't so good for this, I take it. that and shuffling around the other shows that failed.
The S2 ratings have been stable (either a 0.6 or 0.7 in the demo and about 1.8 million viewers) and very similar to the second half of S1. This puts Legends around where Arrow is currently in the ratings.

I believe Supernatural is moving to Thursday 8pm as a lead-in to Riverdale -- the CW probably decided that Supernatural and Riverdale fit together better than Legends and Riverdale (and that a Flash/Legends combo on Tuesday might give Legends a ratings boost).
Old 11-18-16, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Wait, how does Heatwave not know what a speedster is?
Old 11-18-16, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched this and I cringed at some of the responses from these supposedly intelligent characters. I also wish they would have put just a little more into the production value, did anyone else see that the railroad ties were just 2 inch thick 8 inch wide boards laying under the tracks? How hard would it have been to make them look like real railroad ties? Its the smalls thing that count.
Old 11-18-16, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

No episode next week due to Turkey Day. The ending looks like a direct segue to the crossover in 2 weeks.

Looks like Ray has the ability to remake the Atom suit since they obtained the power source. Makes sense with the crossover coming up.

Some of the stuff in this episode was a little campy, but overall it was still a fun episode.

Guessing that Stein is now married to a different woman in 2016.
Old 11-18-16, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

"This filly is into fillies" that line had me

Did Jonah Hex seem more gruff this time than the previous episode? He seemed a bit more likable in 1st season, on this episode, not so much.
Old 11-18-16, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think Stein now has a daughter he didn't have before.

I liked this Jonah Hex episode more than the first one from last season.

I know people are worried about this not getting renewed. Don't fret, the chances are good it remains on the air in some form. The CW wants to show off the new and improved LOT to Flash fans that may have dumped it after a few episodes.
Old 11-18-16, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The show is decent enough now- the lightest of the 3 series by far.

Once again, Firestorm fails to make an appearance. Every time something happens I think, "Firestorm could do that", over and over.
Old 11-18-16, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MScottM View Post
I watched this and I cringed at some of the responses from these supposedly intelligent characters. I also wish they would have put just a little more into the production value, did anyone else see that the railroad ties were just 2 inch thick 8 inch wide boards laying under the tracks? How hard would it have been to make them look like real railroad ties? Its the smalls thing that count.
What I did notice is that after he stopped the train, it showed the tracks ahead of the now stopped train and they were all warped. How would that have happened?

It was funny that nobody on the train got out of it to see what had caused them to stop.

Also, the train should still be trying to move. Unless the engineer put on the breaks, it should have started to move once he let go to boast.

Also, they wanted to stop the train so Trumbull couldn't blow it up to stop troops from being transported by train. Well, now that they wrecked the tracks for a mile or so, no trains can travel over it until it is fixed. So no troops can come in. Congrats Legends, you've sort of accomplished what Trumbull wanted.
Old 11-18-16, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The show is silly, but it has managed to be an entertaining kind of silly this year. Last year it was more insufferable and stupid.

While I still don't particularly like Jax, it helps the show that I don't want any of the characters to suffer a horrible death whenever they are onscreen. Replacing those parts with Steel, who I kind of like, and giving Sara, Ray, and Rory more to do has done wonders.

This episode was leagues better than the last western episode, even though the villain lost because he was monologuing.
Old 11-19-16, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton View Post
Wait, how does Heatwave not know what a speedster is?
The main explanation was for Vixen and the three people who watch this and not The Flash. I don't think it's unusual that Rory didn't know about The Flash's time travel ability. If the non time traveling rogues know about it they could blackmail the Flash to change time.
Old 11-19-16, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
The main explanation was for Vixen and the three people who watch this and not The Flash. I don't think it's unusual that Rory didn't know about The Flash's time travel ability. If the non time traveling rogues know about it they could blackmail the Flash to change time.
Rory was a time-master bounty hunter. Of course he should know about the Speed Force and time travel..
Old 11-23-16, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In one of the scenes, you spot Ted Knight(Starman)'s Gravity Rod.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/11/18/d...-you-might-h/6
Old 11-24-16, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A Jack Knight/Starman show would be excellent, especially if it was on cable. It would be nice if HBO got into the superhero genre (yes, there was Spawn but I don't really count that).