DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Frequency (S1E06) -- "Deviation" -- 11/9/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/638024-frequency-s1e06-deviation-11-9-16-a.html)

dex14 11-09-16 08:35 PM

Frequency (S1E06) -- "Deviation" -- 11/9/16

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...91&oe=58C298E4

SUPERNATURAL'S CURTIS ARMSTRONG GUEST STARS - In 2016, Raimy (Peyton List) meets a strange character named Karl (Guest star Curtis Armstrong), who speaks to himself in the future. In 1996, Frank (Riley Smith) feels like he's being taunted by the Nightingale. Meanwhile, having discovered new information, Raimy and Frank set up a plan to use the Nightingale's next victim as bait. Mekhi Phifer, Devin Kelley, Anthony Ruivivar, Daniel Bonjour and Lenny Jacobson also star. John Kretchmer directed the episode written by Jeannine Renshaw (#106). Original airdate 11/9/2016.

DJariya 11-12-16 09:33 PM

Re: Frequency (S1E06) -- "Deviation" -- 11/9/16

Another mostly detective thriller-ish episode.

The Karl storyline was odd. But there were some interesting theories, especially the "Cutting off the trunk" theory that he explained.

I liked the progression of the Nighingale killer storyline. The whole element of that woman Amanda's murder being delayed 20 years after she returned to the States was creepy. Stopping the murder 20 years ago doesn't mean things will change for the better.

I'm glad they lightened up Raimy a little bit in this episode and that she and Daniel started connecting even though their meetings were accidental.

We're 6 weeks in and still no news of a back order yet. I saw the ratings have stabilized even though they're not great. I hope we at least get a few more episodes to flesh things out.

Tom Banjo 11-14-16 07:57 AM

As long as we get a full season with a satisfying conclusion, I'd be fine with cancellation. This just isn't a premise meant to work for multiple seasons.

PhantomStranger 11-14-16 03:01 PM

I suspect Frequency's renewal will depend on factors outside its control. Like what pilots the CW has on its docket for next year.

randian 11-14-16 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12947329)
I suspect Frequency's renewal will depend on factors outside its control. Like what pilots the CW has on its docket for next year.

Too bad really because I like this show. I like Falling Water too but I suspect the low-key tone of the show will also kill it.

Superman07 11-25-16 08:31 AM

I'm behind on shows, so just getting to this episode. I have another to catch up on as well.

Another item to consider for renewell is how many other shows on the network are or may not be coming back. We know Vampire Diaries is done, so that's one extras slot they have to fill. Pretty sure this is my favorite new shoe this season, so it would be unfortunate to get cancelled. However, as long as they know and we get a wrapped up story I'd be okay.

As others said interesting theory with the trunk. I did not take the theory to mean an entire branch would move up trunk, but rather a different occurrence would spring up. So very interesting for the same lady to die later. Especially after Rami already saw she was "safe" and had lived a full life.

I do wonder if Karl was telling the truth. They could have pretty much had the same story without showing the device. Yet he had his own radio and was a physics professor. Makes you wonder!

Glad we're getting more of Rsmi's personal life too. I wonder what happens if they "fix" the timeline. What if she gets too attached to this new guy (who reminds me of Chris Pine), and then he disappears. I wonder if she could end up in a situation where she gets both parents back. Or she dies and they both live!

In any case, I'm looking forward to more.