Reload this Page >

Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E07) -- "I Will Destroy You" -- 11/2/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-02-16, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 356 Likes on 267 Posts

TWO MILLENNIALS ATTEMPT TO PUT THE PAST BEHIND THEM AND WORK TOGETHER, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, NOV. 2

"I Will Destroy You"- Two millennials attempt to put the past behind them and work together, and another castaway feels the heat when they're interrogated about their true profession, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Nov. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

MILLENNIALS "Vanua" Tribe GEN X "Takali" Tribe

Michaela Bradshaw Rachel Ako (First Eliminated)
Jessica "Figgy" Figueroa (Sixth Eliminated)
Sunday Burquest

Adam Klein Chris Hammons

Michelle Schubert Lucy Huang (Fourth Eliminated)
Hannah Shapiro Bret LaBelle

Zeke Smith Jessica Lewis

Justin "Jay" Starrett Ken McNickle

Taylor Stocker Ciandre "CeCe" Taylor (Fifth Eliminated)
Mari Takahashi (Second Eliminated)
Paul Wachter (Third Eliminated)
Will Wahl David Wright

Yes, Survivor is indeed airing tonight against the World Series.

however, CBS cancelled Criminal Minds airing tonight and will show a repeat.

Last edited by DJariya; 11-02-16 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-02-16, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Re: Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E07) -- "I Will Destroy You" -- 11/2/16

Are you sure about Code Black? I read that it would still be a new episode and only Criminal Minds would be a repeat.
Old 11-02-16, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Signal fizzed out during the end of the reward challenge for us. Who took second place?
Old 11-02-16, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SunMonkey View Post
Signal fizzed out during the end of the reward challenge for us. Who took second place?
Ikabula (?)

... and that Tribal Council:
Spoiler:
Holy cow! That was bold... stupid, but bold. But it was smart to get Michaela out before the merge/jury.
Old 11-02-16, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That tribal council was just bad ass. Yeah, this shitty season so far was made better with that "I am the one who knocks" sort of moment.
Old 11-02-16, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

The one thing I like about this season is that the people at the bottom of the majority alliances are not just chanting "Oh golly gee just glad it's not me" as they idle their way through the game. More players seem willing to take charge of their own destiny than most seasons. It is making for a more interesting season without needing to wait until the final seven or so.
Old 11-03-16, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't want Michaela to go, but this was the best tribal council of the season. I'd like to see more people make a scene on their way out.
Old 11-03-16, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This group of young people may be smarter than people gave them credit for, including me. Taking out Michaela and Figgy before the merge that is probably coming next week, were very good moves. They will still have the overall numbers vs. the original older tribe and they got rid of the two of the players that would have been dangerous as individuals within the younger group.

Going forward it will be interesting to see how the idols and the advantage are used in the individual game. And much as I don't like the guy, I can see David using his idol the idol correctly to out the person he wants gone vs. the group think.
Old 11-03-16, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

With the tribes 5-4-4 I really would have hoped that they don't merge. 13 is too many for me.

I liked the idea of eliminating Michaela before the merge, but it takes out that tribe's strongest player. They had no idea when the merge was happening, so that could have been another 3 eliminations, which would have put them at a big disadvantage for awhile.

It is interesting to me to see the difference in how the 4 Millenials viewed their former tribe mates. Michaela seemed to have already written off Taylor & Michelle and Adam & Zeke and was thinking of the other 3 she was with as solid, while I get the sense that Will & Jay haven't. Which makes sense as Jay (and I think Will?) was in a solid alliance with the first 2 at least. Still, after seeing Figgy go then they should have at least been doubting whether they could trust Adam. Based only on their observations post-merge, and what doubts they should have regarding Adam & Zeke, then it should have crossed their minds that they may only have a solid group of 4-5 Millenials left (and that's if Michelle & Taylor still trust them). Bret & Sunday are wild cards, and they don't even trust Bret. I'll be interested to see which way those 2 go, but all-in-all I would have felt there was too much uncertainty to have voted off Michaela this early.

And this is the second time, in her only 2 tribals so far, that Hannah had no idea of the plan before tribal. With Mari then at least she got the plan whispered right before the vote, this time she was the only one other than Michaela not in on the plan. If I were her then I'd be rather pissed, and think that I had to change my game up.

It'll be interesting to see how all this shakes out. I like the idea of voting off Michaela, but I think it was a bit too early, with too much uncertainty resulting in a position that may be a lot less powerful then Will & Jay think.
Old 11-03-16, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like how Michaela put herself in the same sentence as Steve Jobs and Michael Jordan cause she did well in a couple cake Survivor challenges against garbage competition.
Old 11-03-16, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
I like how Michaela put herself in the same sentence as Steve Jobs and Michael Jordan cause she did well in a couple cake Survivor challenges against garbage competition.
Yeah, I felt the same, though figure that these days it's a reflection of many people's "logic" and "identity". "Bill Gates uses a computer, I use a computer, therefore I'm exactly like Bill Gates".
Old 11-03-16, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I just finished this episode. Crazy tribal council! Is there any policy about outing a player who has a hidden immunity idol after being voted out? I know shows have rules. I didn't know if you could out them after you have been voted off or if they would fine you for doing it. If not Michaela should have outed Jay.
Old 11-03-16, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I like a good blindside as much as the next person but that felt like an unnecessary overplay. Like Will said she was loyal, if you wanted you could have blindsided her later. And other than probably Taylor and Michelle, Jay has no idea what numbers he has on the other tribes.

Whenever the merge is, going in with six strong and trying to pull a seventh is a lot easier than going in with at most four (because now Hannah doesn't trust you at all).
Old 11-03-16, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
This group of young people may be smarter than people gave them credit for, including me. Taking out Michaela and Figgy before the merge that is probably coming next week, were very good moves.
Figgy was probably a good move but Michaela was loyal to those 2 guys and would be seen as a bigger threat so it would have given them an added benefit of her being a shield for them. Voting someone out who might hypothetically be a challenge threat in the indivual portion when 0 females have ever run the gamut in 30 plus seasons seems dumb.
Old 11-03-16, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez View Post
Figgy was probably a good move but Michaela was loyal to those 2 guys and would be seen as a bigger threat so it would have given them an added benefit of her being a shield for them. Voting someone out who might hypothetically be a challenge threat in the indivual portion when 0 females have ever run the gamut in 30 plus seasons seems dumb.
It was more than just a challenge threat. As they admitted, she was also a better at the rest of the game than them.

They still have the numbers as a group and could go far if they don't cannibalize each other.
Old 11-04-16, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

The TC was entertaining, but I didn't like the move. I think Michaela was loyal and I would have preferred to have kept her around as a big target. Too bad she won't be on the jury.

I'm guessing she's a slam dunk candidate to be invited back to play again at some point.
Old 11-04-16, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
It was more than just a challenge threat. As they admitted, she was also a better at the rest of the game than them.

They still have the numbers as a group and could go far if they don't cannibalize each other.
Better yes, but more loyal. I just don't see Zeke and Adam sticking around for some "Millennial alliance". Adam already made his decision there. And they both have a good relationship with Hannah who just got burned too.

I get the idea behind blindsiding Michaela, but, imo, if there are obvious other targets who almost certainly will not be aligned with you in a post merge setting on the tribe then get rid of them. You can blind side Michaela later once you are assured you have the numbers post-merge.
Old 11-04-16, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
I'm guessing she's a slam dunk candidate to be invited back to play again at some point.
Well...

Spoiler:
supposedly next season
Old 11-04-16, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Well, now they've eliminated all the minorities this season. There won't even be any on the jury!
Old 11-04-16, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
Better yes, but more loyal. I just don't see Zeke and Adam sticking around for some "Millennial alliance". Adam already made his decision there. And they both have a good relationship with Hannah who just got burned too.
We'll see soon. No doubt the merge is next up and we'll see just how much they really think they can stick with Ken and Jess. When the pecking order within the larger merged group of individuals starts being decided, I can see them flipping back just as fast as they flipped the first time.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 11-04-16 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-04-16, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

Loved the move, though CBS made it obvious with the "I am awesome" edit. And yeah, I don't recall ever seeing anyone confront someone at a TC before.
Old 11-04-16, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 217 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by windom View Post
Well, now they've eliminated all the minorities this season. There won't even be any on the jury!
#MakeSurvivorGreatAgain

Old 11-05-16, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just caught this. Fantastic tribal, but kind of takes away from the rest of the season, Michaela would have been good for both the entertainment factor and the strategy.

Probst needs to retire the voting block junk. He was trying to push it hard in the last season (or the one before?) - just seems like him wanting to push people into drama and #blindside for TV by thinking you can flip alliances from week to week with no consequences. At some point you need to have a few folks you are loyal with unless they keep handing out idols (like say to a certain TV writer contestant?)
Old 11-07-16, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wirefan View Post
Probst needs to retire the voting block junk.
Agreed. Voting blocks came in to play in the last all-star season, IIRC, and really only apply to those who have previously played and understand the game. They know loyalty is fleeting and trust can be renewed week-by-week.

For new players, that all goes out the window. They feel regularly betrayed, trust in alliances and expect what people tell them to be true. None of them should be trying for voting blocks. They should be trying to create real alliances, because that's what the majority of newbies expect.

Voting Michaela off was a bad choice because it was short-term. Had they stuck with her, she was intensely loyal and they could have had a solid group well into the finals. Then, when it gets down to 5 or so and she messes up on a challenge vote her off because she's a threat. But not now. Now all you do is show people you can't be trusted.
Old 11-07-16, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JuryDuty View Post
Voting Michaela off was a bad choice because it was short-term.
Her first target post merge was going to be Michelle and she was dumb enough to announce it.