Reload this Page >

Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E06) -- "The Truth Works Well" -- 10/26/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-26-16, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

FIGGY AND TAYLOR MAY REGRET AN EARLIER DECISION TO REVEAL THEIR BUDDING "SHOWMANCE" TO THEIR TRIBEMATES, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 26

"The Truth Works Well"- Figgy and Taylor may regret an earlier decision to reveal their budding "showmance" to their tribemates, and some castaways worry there may be a snitch at camp after a hidden immunity idol is found, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Oct. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

MILLENNIALS "Vanua" Tribe GEN X "Takali" Tribe

Michaela Bradshaw Rachel Ako (First Eliminated)
Jessica "Figgy" Figueroa Sunday Burquest

Adam Klein Chris Hammons

Michelle Schubert Lucy Huang (Fourth Eliminated)
Hannah Shapiro Bret LaBelle

Zeke Smith Jessica Lewis

Justin "Jay" Starrett Ken McNickle

Taylor Stocker Ciandre "CeCe" Taylor (Fifth Eliminated)
Mari Takahashi (Second Eliminated)
Paul Wachter (Third Eliminated)
Will Wahl David Wright
Old 10-26-16, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E06) -- "The Truth Works Well" -- 10/26/16

I'm finally caught back up after being 4 episodes behind. I'm glad to be back in the weekly conversation threads or at least I will be after I watch this episode tomorrow.....
Old 10-27-16, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E06) -- "The Truth Works Well" -- 10/26/16

Wow, that for me was a truly surprising outcome.

I thought for sure it was the typical Survivor misdirect - it was clear that tribe was going to lose (since they focused on it early) but I was convinced the whole Figgy relationship thing was just to build the drama for what would be a by the numbers vote.

Gutsy move for Adam, but I think it was the right one. Didn't watch the previews but I wonder if they will merge back into two tribes in the next week or two before the overall merge.
Old 10-27-16, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Glad to see the couple broken up. Ken owes Adam now.
Old 10-27-16, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it was pretty predictable that Figgy would be the first voted out of that tribe if they were put in that position. She was a pretty strong player beyond the whole showmance thing. Reminded me and many others of Parvati.

What surprised the hell out of me was the orange tribe being able to put it together and get some wins and Michaela killing it on that ball maze. Even David wasn't his usual disaster self. Figgy's tribe should have never lost a challenge on paper, but they just barley blew it with that ball maze.
Old 10-27-16, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not watching this season. So are the Millennials or Gen-Xers winning?
Old 10-27-16, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes
Old 10-27-16, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seems like when the tribes merge there could be a 6-person alliance of Adam and Zeke, who were low with the Millenials, along with Ken, Jessica, David and Chris. Ken & Jessica working together now, Ken & David are close. Chris knows the Gen-X'ers, seems close to Zeke and is getting along better with David, and probably won't have an in with the Millenials unless Bret and/or Sunday get in tight with them, which I don't see happening.

A lot will depend on however many eliminations until the merge and who's left of course, but I think that this could make for a very interesting group.
Old 10-27-16, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Could go that way if the merge happens soon. But otherwise I think many of the Xer's will be taken out if the marge comes much later. And now that Figgy is gone, I can see Adam flipping again and taking out Jess if that tribe is forced to tribal before the marge.

Should be interesting to see how the idols get used in the coming weeks.
Old 10-27-16, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
So are the Millennials or Gen-Xers winning?
The viewers are losing. Man, this season is a snooze. I had to struggle this morning to even remember who was voted off last night.
Old 10-27-16, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
Could go that way if the merge happens soon. But otherwise I think many of the Xer's will be taken out if the marge comes much later. And now that Figgy is gone, I can see Adam flipping again and taking out Jess if that tribe is forced to tribal before the marge.

Should be interesting to see how the idols get used in the coming weeks.
If the 6-person tribe loses then Bret and/or Sunday is gone first, then the other if they lose again. I think it a toss-up between David & Michelle on their tribe, but David has the idol, so she should go. I really don't see Adam trying to flip back, but even if he wanted to then I think Taylor will hold a grudge.

They're at 14 now, so I could see Taylor and Michelle going, with a merge at 12 and no Gen-Xers going. Or Bret & Sunday going, maybe the 6 person tribe will even throw it to try to get them out, but it would still be 6 vs. 6 at a merged 12. Maybe Taylor, Michelle, Bret & Sunday all go, and a merged 10 happens with those 6 people still controlling the shots.

Lots of scenarios, and if either of the 2 smaller tribes loses 2 immunities before the merge then they'll have to get out key members of this hypothetical alliance. They may even have to merge back to 2 tribes before the final merge. But if it stays like this then I think that the group I'm speculating on has some probable insulation for awhile. I of course don't know that they will agree to work together, but I get the sense it's moving in that direction.
Old 10-27-16, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the status of her and Taylor now:
“There was a real life situation that I found out after the game and it led to Taylor and I not being together. So #RIPFigtails. You guys will find out on the reunion show. There were just some real life situations that were going on that I found out about outside of the game, and not from me. Taylor and I just aren’t together any more from things that I learned.”
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/27...nials-vs-gen-x
My guess... he had a pregnant girlfriend at home
Old 10-27-16, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash View Post
I really don't see Adam trying to flip back, but even if he wanted to then I think Taylor will hold a grudge.
I would like to think Taylor is smarter than that, but maybe not.

Michaela said it best. If the original younger tribe does not stick together when they have the numbers (now that Figgy is gone and they have broken up the couple) they are idiots. I'd like to think they are not idiots.
Old 10-27-16, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
I would like to think Taylor is smarter than that, but maybe not.

Michaela said it best. If the original younger tribe does not stick together when they have the numbers (now that Figgy is gone and they have broken up the couple) they are idiots. I'd like to think they are not idiots.
We'll see soon.

I would agree, and that it makes sense for the other 6 Millennials still in the game (except for maybe Hannah), but for Adam & Zeke I thought it seemed pretty clear that they were at the bottom. If it's 4 Gen X'ers in a row that are eliminated and the merge goes 8-2 then sticking at the bottom of that alliance might make the most sense, but if it were me I'd be much happier in a slightly smaller group where I was an equal, or mostly equal, partner.
Old 10-27-16, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad Figgy was voted off. She was nice to look at, but she was a horrible game player. She has to be one of the worst that I can remember.

Adam made the right move. If you have a chance to take out the power couple, take out the power couple.
Old 10-27-16, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just have to say that Michaela is awesome, and you never have to worry about wondering what she is thinking either.
Old 10-27-16, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Just finished the episode and I was glad Adam made the move he did.

And yes, Michaela is a tremendous player. I'm sure she rubs a few the wrong way, but the 2 best moments in this episode were her popping up behind the 2 guys with the HHI and her explanation for her actions at the immunity challenge.

I also chuckled when Probst got Hannah's name wrong. At least that's what it sounded like. He asked for medical to take a look at Anna (after a short pause) and someone's immediate response was, "Anna?" as if they didn't know who he was talking about.
Old 10-28-16, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
I also chuckled when Probst got Hannah's name wrong. At least that's what it sounded like.
Yeah I did a double take there.

Crappy player, but not glad to see eye candy leave. Can barely make it through episodes. If Michelle goes soon - and it seems likely - gonna be tempted to bail unless Ken starts doing epic shit.
Old 10-28-16, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sayonara Figs. Silly millenials, the power couple never ever works.
Old 10-29-16, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

power couple
Old 10-29-16, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Ken's vote was the last vote Probst showed...so Ken knew that Figgy was going home before Jeff showed that last vote.