Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Eyewitness (USA) -- S: Julianne Nicholson -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 10/16/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Eyewitness (USA) -- S: Julianne Nicholson -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 10/16/16

Old 10-16-16, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Eyewitness
image hosting adult

EYEWITNESS is a bone-chilling crime thriller that delves into the lives of two teenage boys after they secretly meet up in a cabin, bear witness to a shooting and barely escape with their lives. Desperate to keep their relationship a secret and in fear of being found by the perpetrator, they remain silent but soon learn that what has been seen cannot be unseen -- and when you witness a horrible event, it changes everything. Adapted from the critically acclaimed Norwegian drama "Řyevitne," the series stars Julianne Nicholson ("Black Mass," "Masters of Sex"), Gil Bellows ("Ascension," "11.22.63"), Tyler Young ("Empire"), and James Paxton ("Term Life"). From Universal Cable Productions, EYEWITNESS is executive produced by Hasak. Jarl Emsell Larsen and Scott Peters ("V," "The 4400") and Jackie de Crinis also serve as executive producers. Peters will also direct multiple episodes of the series and Catherine Hardwicke ("Twilight," "Miss You Already") will executive produce the pilot and direct the first two episodes.
PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Amanda Brugel as Sita
· Gil Bellows as Gabe
· James Paxton as Lukas Hallenbeck
· Julianne Nicholson as Helen Torrance
· Matt Murray as Tony Michaels
· Tattiawna Jones as Kamilah
· Tyler Young as Philip O'Brien
·
Warren Christie as Ryan Kane

CREW INFORMATION:
· Adi Hasak as CRTR/EP
· Catherine Hardwicke as EP/DIR (Pilot)
· Jarl Emsell Larsen as EP/CRTR (Original Series)
· Scott Peters as EP

10 episode 1st season

This is from the creator and Executive Producer of Shades of Blue. He actually left Shades of Blue to work on this series full-time.

Trailer:

The 1st 12 minutes of episode 1 can be watched below:

Old 10-24-16, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Eyewitness (USA) -- S: Julianne Nicholson -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 10/16/1

So I finally made the time to watch the 1st episode last night.

Episode 2 aired last night, but I'm sure no one here watched because of that certain show on AMC.

Anyways, it was decent. Nothing we haven't seen before. Small town murder mystery. Only thing different is, the witnesses to the murder were 2 teen boys who were having a gay hookup in some remote cabin. One of the gay teens is the nephew of Nicholson's character. The other is some popular guy who is in denial.

The murder involves an undercover FBI agent (killed in shootout) who was infiltrating this bad group.

Not holding my breathe that this show will draw people in this forum. This has been a really tough fall trying to keep up with stuff. A bunch of shows will no doubt get ignored.
Old 10-25-16, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Eyewitness (USA) -- S: Julianne Nicholson -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 10/16/1

I record it. Letting a few eps build up then I'll catch up
Old 10-26-16, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great show so far.
Old 10-26-16, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd seen the promos for a while but had no idea this was actually "on". I recorded the first 2 eps of USA's "Falling Water" but deleted them the other day because I was a little backlog, and I'd seen no enthusiasm here or anywhere else. This series might go the same way.
Old 10-26-16, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I am recording as well.. will try to work this into the mix...
Old 11-03-16, 11:49 PM

I finally watched the first episode and I really loved it. Looking forward to the other 2 I have on the DVR now.

I haven't really enjoyed a USA show in a while so I was surprised how much I liked this. Really pulled me in right away and the show has a great look to it.
Old 11-04-16, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

what's up with all the shows from Scandinavian countries being shot with washed out colors? The twist was ridiculous.
Old 11-04-16, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like it so far. Hopefully, it doesn't last more than 2 seasons because I can't see them stretching the story longer than that.
Old 11-04-16, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mrhan View Post
I like it so far. Hopefully, it doesn't last more than 2 seasons because I can't see them stretching the story longer than that.
According to the creator Adi Hasak, this will be an anthology series. So the storyline for season 1 will be resolved by episode 10.

http://deadline.com/2016/10/shades-o...ts-1201830293/

DEADLINE: What is the plan for a possible second season?

HASAK: The show was sold as an anthology. I’m really enamored with shows like American Horror Story and American Crime. I told USA that this would be an anthology called Eyewitness where every season would be told from the point of view of someone who witnesses a crime. That meant that the show would be resolved at the end of Season 1.
Old 12-22-16, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any rumors as to renewal?