Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Goliath (Amazon Prime) -- S: Billy Bob Thornton -- From David E. Kelley -- 10/14/16

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Goliath (Amazon Prime) -- S: Billy Bob Thornton -- From David E. Kelley -- 10/14/16

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-18, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts
Re: Goliath (Amazon Prime) -- S: Billy Bob Thornton -- From David E. Kelley -- 10/14/

Looks like they put it out a day early. It's up.
Old 06-15-18, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Goliath (Amazon Prime) -- S: Billy Bob Thornton -- From David E. Kelley -- 10/14/

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I've been trying to watch Justified, Sneaky Pete, and Breaking Bad this summer.
Justified crushes the others.
Don't miss it.
Old 06-15-18, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Oh man, Mark Duplass is hilarious and gross! I think he'll get nominated for an Emmy.
Old 06-15-18, 09:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just finished it. Yes I binged it. Not as good as the first season but still better than most shows on network tv. I was a little disappointed at the ending but over all a great show. This and Bosch are really keeping Amazon Prime Video subscription active.
Old 06-16-18, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Just finished it and it was one wacky game show. I think my favorite episode was the one with the various cameos towards the end where they kept Billy Bob in that house. Good to see Steven Baur in there.

I guess if they make a season 3 it will have to continue on with sone of the characters from this season. I was not necessarily a fan of what they did with Raymonde's character this time out. I find her stunning.
Old 06-20-18, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I was not necessarily a fan of what they did with Raymonde's character this time out. I find her stunning.
Well, we did get a couple of good ass shots of her... so that's something.
Old 06-21-18, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Very unsatisfying end to the season.
Old 06-22-18, 12:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of the complaints I have is that the first season actually ahd a court case, this season they were barely in the court. He's known as a bad ass attorney I would like them to show it sometimes.
Old 06-22-18, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Agreed. Overall this season was a disappointment.
Old 06-24-18, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

A totally WTF? for S2. Totally bizarre.
Old 07-07-18, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by melasnus
Justified crushes the others.
Don't miss it.
Justified is a great show but Breaking Bad is on another level. Sneaky Pete is just OK. We finished up season two of Goliath tonight. We watched both seasons in the last two weeks. I thought Season 2 was pretty good howerer the ending was a little disappointing.
Old 07-08-18, 08:51 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pelenor
One of the complaints I have is that the first season actually ahd a court case, this season they were barely in the court. He's known as a bad ass attorney I would like them to show it sometimes.
Agreed! This whole season just didn't do it for me. When season 3 arrives I don't know if I'll have the desire to pursue it.
Old 07-17-18, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Finished season 2 today and liked it, but definitely not as good as the first. I'll echo the sentiments about the lack of a courtroom setting this season to be a negative.

Also, there were some eye roll inducing moments with villains, like the henchman with the hook arm who was cracking walnuts to be intimidating, or Mark Duplass's character having a fetish for amputees.

Still an entertaining season overall, I'd keep watching if Amazon rolls out more seasons.
Old 07-18-18, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
Also, there were some eye roll inducing moments with villains, like the henchman with the hook arm who was cracking walnuts to be intimidating, or Mark Duplass's character having a fetish for amputees.
Yeah, the hook arm guy was quit the bad ass fighter for only having one full arm. I liked the part where he perfectly snipped off the guy's ear.

Last I looked, this season had a less than 3-star rating on Amazon. The first season had more than four stars. Apparently, we're not the only ones who were less than satisfied with it.
Old 07-20-18, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
Finished season 2 today and liked it, but definitely not as good as the first. I'll echo the sentiments about the lack of a courtroom setting this season to be a negative.
I'm kind of glad this season didn't spend much time in the courtroom. Courtroom dramas always feel like the standard courtroom network drama. However, Bill's a lawyer - so that's what the show should've had more of.. instead, he was more of a private investigator.

Also found those things dumb.
How about the 2 guys who "shot" Billy across the tracks and watch him fall. I guess that's all the proof they need that he was shot and didn't just trip. Why waste 30 seconds walking to him to find out?

It was a weird season and I kinda like that it wasn't resolved because I'm sick of the formula with these types of shows - everything is resolved at the end of the season. However, I wonder if S3 will follow the same storyline or maybe we'll see a return to this in S4 or later (if this gets renewed).
Old 07-25-18, 03:46 PM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Just finished it and loved it overall. Whatever one thinks about the season Billy Bob Thornton is one heck of an actor. I definitely was displeased when
Spoiler:
Julio was murdered,
but in the end I was OK with how it all wrapped up, because it didn't really. Also in the X-ray part on Netflix is said something like
Spoiler:
"Even though Claudia wins the writers wanted it to be a back and forth in later seasons,"
or something like that.
Old 07-25-18, 04:33 PM

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
Just finished it and loved it overall. Whatever one thinks about the season Billy Bob Thornton is one heck of an actor.
I agree with that. He carried the show and was the only thing that made this season watchable.
Old 08-09-18, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

I forgot to write when I finished it last month. I really disliked Season 2. What a Sophomore Slump. Dull, plodding, pointless. Almost no law stuff at all. Heck, even the premise of Goliath (tiny firm taking on a huge corporation) doesn't really apply here. Yes Billy was up against a powerful drug cartel, but he wasn't really taking them on.
The whole thing felt like a waste of time to me. Hope David E Kelly (one of my favorite TV writers before this fiasco) will right the ship in time for Season 3. No rush.
Old 09-02-18, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
A totally WTF? for S2. Totally bizarre.
DEK wrote all episodes in S1. Felt like a great courtroom drama. Looks like he wasn't involved in S2 other than name only. This 2nd season, I have no fucking clue what it was or what it became. The tone was completely different. Like it was 2 different shows.
Old 10-15-18, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by funkyryno
Last I looked, this season had a less than 3-star rating on Amazon. The first season had more than four stars. Apparently, we're not the only ones who were less than satisfied with it.
I think the over the top sadism turned off a lot of viewers. It looks like they've set up the brother and sister to be recurring villains, which if true will again turn off a lot of viewers.

It appears that Billy's daughter has inherited his alcoholism. Time for her mother to come back but I don't know if they can get Maria Bello considering her NCIS schedule.
Old 12-11-18, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.darkhorizons.com/quaid-br...in-goliath-s3/

Amazon Prime Video has renewed the Billy Bob Thornton-led series “Goliath” for a third season.

This season, the unexpected death of an old friend leads Billy McBride (Thornton) to take a case in the drought-stricken Central Valley where he comes face-to-face with a new Goliath: a billionaire rancher (Dennis Quaid) and his sister (Amy Brenneman).

As Billy and his team pursue the truth, old enemies and personal demons resurface, forcing him to confront his own mortality. Griffin Dunne, Beau Bridges, Sherilyn Fenn and Shamier Anderson also join the new season which launches sometime in 2019.
Seems like they have a pretty talented cast. Can't be much worse than last season.
Old 08-22-19, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Re: Goliath (Amazon Prime) -- S: Billy Bob Thornton -- From David E. Kelley -- 10/14/16

Season 3 trailer.

Premieres October 4th

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-mSBOseNiZg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-22-19, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Goliath (Amazon Prime) -- S: Billy Bob Thornton -- From David E. Kelley -- 10/14/16

Let's hope it is nothing like the shit show of S2
Old 08-22-19, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Let's hope it is nothing like the shit show of S2
Agreed. It does look better already. Recognizable veteran actors, scenes in a courtroom. Dennis Quaid and Beau Bridges are always going to be good bad guys. Amy Brenneman is always great as well. Hoping that Sherilyn Fenn has more to do here than she did in Twin Peaks : The Return. They are bringing back the one new character from Season 2 I who liked, played by Paul Williams. And they're getting racy with the trailer :

I'm cautiously optimistic. Looks like DEK isn't involved in this season either, as far as I can tell.
Old 08-22-19, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk God

I think that DEK bridge was burned after S1

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.