Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E04) - "Who's the Sucker at the Table?" - 10/12/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E04) - "Who's the Sucker at the Table?" - 10/12/16

Old 10-12-16, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

MILLENNIALS AND GEN X GET PHYSICAL IN THE FIRST REWARD CHALLENGE OF THE SEASON, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 12

"Who's the Sucker at the Table?" - Millennials and Gen X get physical in the first reward challenge of the season, and two castaways are out for revenge after being blindsided by their allies, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Oct. 12 (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

MILLENNIALS "Vanua" Tribe GEN X "Takali" Tribe

Michaela Bradshaw Rachel Ako (First Eliminated)
Jessica "Figgy" Figueroa Sunday Burquest

Adam Klein Chris Hammons

Michelle Schubert Lucy Huang

Hannah Shapiro Bret LaBelle

Zeke Smith Jessica Lewis

Justin "Jay" Starrett Ken McNickle

Taylor Stocker Ciandre "CeCe" Taylor

Mari Takahashi (Second Eliminated)
Paul Wachter (Third Eliminated)
Will Wahl David Wright
Old 10-13-16, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E04) - "Who's the Sucker at the Table?" - 10/1

Was it that bad? I was waiting on some viewer comments to help me decide if I even want to bother with this (while the ep is sitting on my DVR).
Old 10-13-16, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E04) - "Who's the Sucker at the Table?" - 10/1

There's really not much to say other than this season is terminally boring and basically nobody is memorable.
Old 10-13-16, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

essentially. The groupings aren't interesting and the people in general are just bland.
Old 10-13-16, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton View Post
essentially. The groupings aren't interesting and the people in general are just bland.
But they constantly remind us that they're Millennials/Generation X and what it means to their gameplay.
Old 10-13-16, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The immunity challenge was certainly different, though obviously the puzzle
Spoiler:
was way too hard with all those letters and no clues
. And at least they had two challenges, though the first was not very interesting. One of these years, they're going to go complete Rube Goldberg with some crazy complicated contraption.

And I think the tribal council is worth watching.
Old 10-14-16, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So my daughter and I were wondering about the final puzzle.

Did they not have the words defined as far as number of spaces they contained? So like an empty Wheel of Fortune puzzle where you know the first word had 8 letters, 2nd had 5, etc? I don't think they actually showed the board (i should have rewound it, but we accidentally deleted it)
Old 10-14-16, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Joeboo835 View Post
Did they not have the words defined as far as number of spaces they contained? So like an empty Wheel of Fortune puzzle where you know the first word had 8 letters, 2nd had 5, etc? I don't think they actually showed the board (i should have rewound it, but we accidentally deleted it)
Yes, I believe the puzzle board did look like a blank Wheel Of Fortune answer. The people constantly trying to work out words lengths with their fingers basically confirms that. SO basically they had to figure out which "Survivor" saying would fit as an answer given the spaces they were given. It only took about an hour!

Due to just how lame the players are this season I'm sure we will see a quicker than usual "drop your buffs" tribe mix-up quickly followed by a full on merge.
Old 10-14-16, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The difficulty of the puzzle kind of nixed the earlier part of the challenge
Old 10-14-16, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
And I think the tribal council is worth watching.
Agreed.
Old 10-14-16, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what are people's thoughts on the use of the idol in tribal council? I thought it was a poor use of it since you don't know Infected Eye is going to react to being saved. She did cause the most issues right before the council which shows she can't be trusted.
Old 10-14-16, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
So what are people's thoughts on the use of the idol in tribal council? I thought it was a poor use of it since you don't know Infected Eye is going to react to being saved. She did cause the most issues right before the council which shows she can't be trusted.
I took it as his chance at making a "big move" vs. really trying to save one person over the other. He really isn't any better off personally with either of those two around. He is definitely one of the players that will benefit from a mix-up and eventual merge.
Old 10-14-16, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
There's really not much to say other than this season is terminally boring and basically nobody is memorable.
It's what happens when you cast for a specific theme,you end up with a lot of duds in the cast. Last season for example they casted the players first then they just shoehorned people into a beauty,brawn,brains tribe as best they could even if no one though of Tai as a beauty or the blonde girl as a brawn.
Old 10-14-16, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
I liked the reasoning. David, CeeCee and Ken were still going to be the bottom 3 with a power-mad Lucy in charge. Maybe she annoys Chris, Brett and Sunday enough to turn on her immediately, but more likely they cut 1-2 of David, Ken and CeeCee first. So, barring a switch, he would have had to use the idol soon anyway. This switches things up greatly, and takes Dave and his 2 allies from defense to offense.

Plus, that was the most powerful way possible to convey to Jessica that what he and Ken had been telling her was true and that her "tight" alliance wanted her gone. I could see her being very loyal after that.