TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Strain (S3E07) -- "Collaborators" -- 10/9/16

Old 10-09-16, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
The Strain (S3E07) -- "Collaborators" -- 10/9/16

The Strain

Season Three - Episode Descriptions

Episode 7 / Production #307 - "Collaborators" (Airs October 9, 10:00 pm e/p) - Setrakian offers hope in a new plan to trap the Master while Eph and Dutch seek out the Master's "voice." Palmer, frail and close to death, needs Setrakian's access to the white to hold up his end of their bargain. Fet suffers a devastating personal loss revealing a long-hidden family secret. Teleplay by Chuck Hogan & Glen Whitman; directed by TJ Scott.

Episode 7 of 10
Old 10-10-16, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: The Strain (S3E07) -- "Collaborators" -- 10/9/16

Quinlan was badass today. Fet's bloodline got some backstory - looks like his fate is tied to Eichhurst. Palmer had a bit of a freak out and will be back next week looking stylish and taught like he did in those earlier seasons where he would imbibe of the white on a more regular basis. 3 episodes left!
Old 10-10-16, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Just three episodes left? Damn. Just goes to emphasize that pacing has been a major issue with this series.

This week, a large unwieldy vessel showed up promising to be integral to the story, but turned out to hollow and empty. But enough about the plot this week ... Boom goes the dynamite!

As usual, the good was damned good and the rest was meh. I think I'm really starting to sour on this show.

There was some good character development which occurred, but should we still be developing characters in the third season?

So last week we had a significant battle that seemed to hold the fate of the city at stake. Humans lost. So that means ... yeah, you guessed it ... nothing really changed.

Why do people still continue to go out after dark? Why would you even try to fight battles at night? Lock down, observe, and attack during the day.

Rather than trying to block The Master's communication, why not replicate it and "order" all the strigoi out during the day?

Would the show work better if it was re-written to play out in chronological order over the seasons?
Old 10-10-16, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought it was a fairly solid episode. While I understand how fans want more direct action now, my complaints with this season are relatively minor.

It will be interesting to see if the Master has made a deal with other ancient Vamps. Palmer will likely screw everyone over on both sides. Maybe he ends up being the Master's new body.
Old 10-11-16, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I've said it before ... I wonder if some of my impatience would be solved with binge watching rather than week-to-week. Or if it is from having read some of the books and knowing some of what is coming. Just seems as if the story-telling is not very efficient.

Interesting theory on Palmer. The assumption is it will be Zach, but that would be a nice twist.
Old 10-11-16, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was a great episode. Fet was the one character they have not really spent much time in the past.

It's pretty clear at least of the Euro ancients was on the ship. It would be cool twist if somebody other than the Master snatched him away, but it's probably Eichhurst's group.