DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E03) -- "Your Job Is Recon" -- 10/5/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/637625-survivor-millennials-vs-gen-x-s33e03-your-job-recon-10-5-16-a.html)

DJariya 10-05-16 01:50 AM

Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E03) -- "Your Job Is Recon" -- 10/5/16

http://wwwimage.cbsstatic.com/base/f...b_is_recon.jpg

CASTAWAYS GET A CHANCE TO MINGLE WITH THE "ENEMY," ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 5

"Your Job Is Recon" - Castaways get a chance to mingle with the "enemy," and balance and precision are tested at a tough immunity challenge, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Oct. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

MILLENNIALS "Vanua" Tribe GEN X "Takali" Tribe

Michaela Bradshaw Rachel Ako (First Eliminated)
Jessica "Figgy" Figueroa Sunday Burquest

Adam Klein Chris Hammons

Michelle Schubert Lucy Huang

Hannah Shapiro Bret LaBelle

Zeke Smith Jessica Lewis

Justin "Jay" Starrett Ken McNickle

Taylor Stocker Ciandre "CeCe" Taylor

Mari Takahashi (Second Eliminated)
Paul Wachter

Will Wahl David Wright

SURVIVOR is hosted by Emmy Award-winning host Jeff Probst and produced by SEG, Holdco, LLC. Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst are executive producers.

creekdipper 10-06-16 02:45 AM

Re: Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E03) -- "Your Job Is Recon" -- 10/5/16

Feelings can be summed up by Deadlax's post from last episode:

<b>"this is the worst season in a while with all this manufactured crap."</b>

We've been tempted to give up on a few previous seasons but usually have stuck it out. This bunch is so annoying & unlikeable that we opted out about halfway through this episode when all they did was bob around in the water, argue like five-year-olds, and basically nothing happened. Aside from a sharknado occurring, can't see any possibility of this season being redeemed.

Too many other better alternatives (good movies, books, or watching paint dry).

DWilson 10-06-16 06:36 AM

I'll be good when they drop all the "I'm a Gen-Xer, so I..." statements. There are some truths in them (like the texting observations), but I find it a little annoying when they're used to make broad generalizations.

Joe Schmoe 10-06-16 07:09 AM

So glad Paul is gone.

Spiderbite 10-06-16 07:15 AM

It's like I told my wife last night...they cast how they want to portray the "stereotype" of said group. You have lazy Gen-Xers and you have lazy Millennials just as you have hardworking people in the same groups. So calling it "manufactured crap" is quite accurate.

And there is not one person to pull for so far on either side. Everyone is annoying. It seems like it has been getting this way in the past few seasons but this one is the worst. It's like Survivor is taking casting tips from the current Real World casting crew (not necessarily the same kinds of people but they are honing in on unlikeables).

Maybe I am just getting old. :lol:

And why does everyone woman there wearing tight leggings/shorts look like they have a giant penis bulge?

hdnmickey 10-06-16 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 12915879)
I'll be good when they drop all the "I'm a Gen-Xer, so I..." statements.

Sadly, I don't think we'll even be saved by the merge. They'll keep it going as labels for the other group. Only hope is is that every X'er is ousted, but I don't see that happening given how fractured the Mill's are.

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe (Post 12915891)
So glad Paul is gone.

Ditto. All the X'ers are annoying as hell, but Paul was the worst. The only tribe member worth a damn on that side is Ken. If not for him they never win the previous week and don't even come close this last week.

hdnmickey 10-06-16 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite (Post 12915894)
It's like Survivor is taking casting tips from the current Real World casting crew (not necessarily the same kinds of people but they are honing in on unlikeables).

Exactly what i have been saying for a few seasons now. It's pretty blatant. We're pretty close to giving up on this show for the same reason just as we did Big Brother.

LiquidSky 10-06-16 06:48 PM

The "power couple" need to go. Ugh!

brainee 10-06-16 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky (Post 12916460)
The "power couple" need to go. Ugh!

I was so disappointed that GenX lost the immunity challenge, since we saw the male part of the power couple boasting about how great he was. That would've been a dead giveaway for a blindside ... if only they lost :( Maybe next week.

With lots of other things competing for my attention this month, this show is on the chopping block. Usually editing at least tries to give us someone to root for. Who do we have here? Ken and the older millennial. Everyone else is either obnoxious or invisible.

Finisher 10-06-16 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by brainee (Post 12916469)
Who do we have here?

Yeah, this cast sucks. Only kinda like Ken and maybe Michelle. These "theme" seasons they beat into the ground are beyond awful.

wirefan 10-07-16 01:52 AM

Have to agree with the masses here.

I used to not like allstar seasons and prefer the all new casts; but with the over the top storyline/theme and stereotypical casting to feed that theme, it now almost seems like actors reading off cue cards during confessionals and at TC. Now I find myself looking forward to the returnees coming back - that's next season right?

hdnmickey 10-07-16 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by wirefan (Post 12916660)
Now I find myself looking forward to the returnees coming back - that's next season right?

I believe so. But sadly I also believe it has more than a couple returnees from the recent lame seasons. The better potential returnees have already played far too many times or are turning them down.

LiquidSky 10-07-16 09:02 PM

Ken is the only contestant I'm sort of rooting for at this time.

Joe Schmoe 10-08-16 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky (Post 12917337)
Ken is the only contestant I'm sort of rooting for at this time.

I hope he wins.